Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Who uses a chain scrubber?
  • hilton83
    Free Member

Just bought a park tools chain scrubber tool and their citrus degreaser, who else uses one? After using it do you hose it all down, or give it a wipe with a rag? And how long before I can re-apply chain lube? I presume if I apply it too soon it will just dissolve in the remnants of what I’ve just cleaned the chain with? Or have I just wasted my money?

wwaswas

Hose down, dry chain with old towel then relube

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I use one. got mine for £4 from lidl. It does a good job too! I usually just wipe it round with a cloth and then reapply the oil after a minute or two maybe. never had any trouble with it

chris_db
    Free Member

I used to have one but she left me.

racingsnail
    Free Member

I have the Park one as well and use Fenwicks FS1 degreaser, after I’ve used the degreaser I fill up the scrubber with water to rinse it, twist the chain when your done and you’ll hear if there’s any grit left in it, if so, do it all again. (make sure to clean the chainrings, cassette and jocky wheels as well or it’s all kind of pontless)
    As for lubing the chain I’ll leave the bike to drip dry have a cup ‘o tea first.

lipseal
    Free Member

I never used to use one until someone gave me one. Less faffing round now due to not taking the chain off. I just use Muc Off in mine, rinse with water, let it dry then apply oil.

scaredypants

I use it on the ss religiously, once every 6 months

just water in the “bath” mind – don’t want to go spoiling the old girl

(edit: ss’s are choosy about which scrubber – you need one that doesn’t divert the chain a long way when you clamp it on, as there’s no slack in the chain)

wallop

I used to have one but she left me.

I wonder why! 😆

hilton83
    Free Member

Scrub, rinse, drip dry, cup of tea, lube, ride hard, got it! Off to garage….

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I use one – a Portland Design Works ‘anteater’, really nice bit of kit thus far. Use a citrus degreaser, towel it off then oil back up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Who uses a chain scrubber?’ is closed to new replies.