Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • who the hell is voting wagner?
  • muppet4
    Free Member

anybody?

sc-xc

I would rather Herr Vagner wins than any of the other lot. He’s local (to me) and a black belt in karate. what’s not to like?

brakes
    Free Member

not me, I prefer Strauss or Puccini

emsz
    Free Member

Me!!

grahamh
    Free Member

da daa da daa…
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
    Oh not that Wagner!

R.lepecha

More the point, who the hell is watching X-factor!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

a right bunch of anchors!

nuke

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Another week of Katie 🙁 😉

emsz
    Free Member

“I’m a celebrity!!! Shrieks hyperactively. Almost faints” 😀

R.lepecha

Oh yes I’m a knob-head get me out of here starts again soon doesn’t it, oh the joys.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Aint tv just great !

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I guess a spoiler warning may have been useful should anyone not have wanted to guess the result…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mastiles I am presuming that was a joke. No idea who was in bottom two acnd neither do I care.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well it simply works the same as any other current event (footie, come dancing or whatever). Some people do enjoy it and don’t want their enjoyment spoiled.

I don’t care myself but just thought I would point out the thoughtlessness of the OP.

GrahamS

I would rather Herr Vagner wins than any of the other lot. He’s local (to me) and a black belt in karate. what’s not to like?

They showed a photo of him as a young man, standing topless, muscles rippling, laughing as he pulled on the tail of a lion!!

That’s all kinds of awesome as far as I’m concerned. If I gave two a flying crap (and if I wasn’t horribly averse to the idea of lining Cowell’s pockets) then I’d vote for him.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Amuses me that when Top Gears on people on here bang on and on about it being a waste of television – Yet there seems to be a hell of a lot of X-factor fans on here

edhornby

simple answer is that not many people are voting….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh come on Mastiles… I got SLATED this summer when I was posted that on a TdF thread everyone said I shouldn’t have looked! So surely the same goes. Serves them right if thye like the X factor too .. what dross.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But it was in the post title so no need to look at the thread…

Karinofnine

Seems like a really nice bloke BUT Wagner.Can’t.Sing.

I love the show, I love that it’s totally rigged, the judge’s psuedo-feuds, the pouting, the almost-fainting, the funny little Dermot (is he on coke?) and how he fawns over the women guest acts (I thought he was actually going to lick Katy Perry), love the staging, the dancers, the omnipotent Brian guiding our ‘hapless’ wannabees.

The only part I hate is when they torture the contestants by dragging out the announcement of who is going home. Cruel. I usually make a cup of tea at that part.

yunki
    Free Member

I think it’s due to another facebook campaign a la last years successful rage against the x-factor campaign..

My kids like X-Factor, which means I’ve come to tolerate it.

Wagner can’t sing, but at least he’s interesting (that photo of Wagner and the lion is brilliant!), which is more than can be said for the rest of the bores and clones he’s competing against.

I hope Mary wins it, not only because she can actually sing, but also because she seems like the one who deserves it the most.

coffeeking
    Free Member

What I find fascinating is the polarisation that occurs with TV viewers these days. I wonder if it’s because we’ve come to expect more but the sudden increase in channels has left us with the same spread more thinly, or if it’s just a sign of the times.

I can’t stand it as a contest but I don’t mind watching it if there’s nothing else on – but that’s rarely the case when you have a recorder. Or a house to run. Or cars to fix. Or bikes to fix.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I voted for Wagner, the kids voted for Cher

GrahamS

BoardinBob

Voted for him every week.

He’s rubbish but keeping him in makes a mockery of the show, which is a good thing.

sadmadalan

Sticks head over the top of the keyboard and admits to watching X-Factor! we do via the PVR which means we can get it to under 45 minutes – record is 35 minutes!

Don’t vote at all – Wagner is the joke act to be sacrificed at some point. Liked Mary, but she is just a good pub singer. In fact none of them are that good, but that is because they are forced to sing songs which don’t suit them. Would love to hear Rebecca sing some jazz or big band stuff.

Must go and beat myself for admitting that I watch X-factor!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Would love to hear Rebecca sing some jazz or big band stuff.

Totally agree. Out of all the contestants this year, I think she could actually contribute something positive to the world from a musical standpoint.

Anyway, XF definitely comes under the “guilty pleasure” banner for me. Shameful I accept, and I generally loathe reality TV, but once you get into it, it becomes strangely enjoyable. It’s not really a musical competition though, more a mix of car crash performances, judges playing up the bickering & general stupidity. I do wish the bloody studio audience would shut up a bit though.

yunki
    Free Member

Would love to hear Rebecca sing some jazz or big band stuff.

Totally agree. Out of all the contestants this year, I think she could actually contribute something positive to the world from a musical standpoint.

agree.. perhaps the only saving grace in what is otherwise a sickening and heinous show..

I love music.. Cowells monstrosity is the antithesis..

thomthumb
    Free Member

who the hell is voting wagner?

fixed that.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I must admit to watching it – so what, it is brain-dead telly, takes no thinking about, gives me the occasional laugh and some of the people really can sing no matter what some people on hear would have you think (the same people who usually then claim to never watch it).

I have never, not once, ever voted though – I don’t get sucked in in that way, I am simply a passive viewer and generally read/tit around with my phone whilst it is on.

brakes
    Free Member

you hate yourself for watching it, don’t you mastiles?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘who the hell is voting wagner?’ is closed to new replies.