Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Who should be dieting, but just CBA?
  • Premier Icon Caher

95kgs and don’t care. Did 150 Kms over the weekend and and 2 HIIT classes so far this week. Swim then weights tomorrow.

Premier Icon tenfoot

WFH has increased the amount of riding I do, but you can’t out exercise a bad diet. Hot cross buns are the current snack of choice. Yum.

Premier Icon duncancallum

90kg again at 5.8 it’s to much even at my fittest was 82 ish though

I’m an odd shape okay…

But I’m completely apathetic to any training.

Works shit, moved house and it’s ace but I’ve not got a riding circuit yet and I’m just on the beer to much from boredom.

Though as mentioned I’m up to near 750miles so far. Struggling with routine though.

Alps in 3weeks then boltby week after.

Need to just get people in to do the house and I need to just ride more

Premier Icon dissonance

Yeah could do with losing a few kilo but sod it I like beer and cake and so long as it doesnt interfere to much with outdoor sport who cares?

Premier Icon olddog

I don’t diet but I naturally eat healthier and drink less when I’m not working. Basically, I weigh over 16st at when I work and under 15st when I’m not working for more than 3 months. It’s stress eating/drinking when working.

I’m about 14 10 now – losing more weight would require dieting but would really help reduce the strain in my body as I get older especially given bouldering is my main sporting focus now.

But I would have to properly diet to lose more weight now – I’ve just had a chocolate hot cross bun for breakfast…

Premier Icon oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Gone from 17.5 stone to 13.5 stone over a couple of years… i am still about a stone overweight not sure if i have the motivation to loose the last stone.

I was being proffered “portion control” advice by a Nurse last week.. a human who was square… hey ho

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Guilty as charged.I’ve had the building site from hell attached to me for the last 10 months.It has resulted in Houns levels of misery.Any ideas for a spiritual/fitness fightback would be appreciated.Thanks.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno if I should be dieting, but I definitely shouldn’t be eating so much crap.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

I keep trying, but then I keep injuring myself in tedious ways which means I’m both depriving myself of tasty goodness, and also not getting to ride my bike the way I want to.

Dieting whilst only being able to do gentle road spins and/or rehab machines in gym is too depressing to contemplate so it’s chocks away on beer and crisps for the time being!

Premier Icon FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A few recent health issues have kind of suggested that diet / loosing weight would be a good thing.

For me its more about portion size than diet as I had been eating pretty much what I had whilst exercising 4/5 timnes per week.

So no dieting (they dont work) but I am reducing portion size. Being slimmer does make you feel more healthy.

Premier Icon Mister-P
    Free Member

Loose = opposite of tight and rhymes with moose. If you are dieting you are trying to lose weight.

Premier Icon bigdean

Me, I really need to pack in sugar and carbs, and actually ride my bike, however poor mental health is saying no

This I kind of me too, coming out of some crap times, had COVID then back problems.
    Just can’t get motivated at the min.

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I’m quite pleased with myself today. Managed a lunchtime ride without electrical assistance and though it hurt my injured calf muscle a bit, it didn’t wreck it. I shall celebrate with a Lidl’s fake Twix bar or 2.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

I shall celebrate with a Lidl’s fake Twix bar or 2.

A man of taste.

The fake Mars bars are great too.

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Boris Johnson.

Premier Icon Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I was 26 and 82kg when I discovered mtb. I’m now 48 and 92 kg and have slowly crept up over the years.

Mostly, I became less active after kids, got a more sedentary job, blah, blah, all the usual stuff.

In the first 2020 lockdown I managed to lose 7 of those extra kilos in eight weeks of glorious early spring riding and skipping meals, but it went back on again the following winter.

This year, I went back to the gym after years away and strava/crickles/Garmin connect say I’m the fittest I’ve been in the last 5 years. But, I’m still rehabilitating my musculature at the moment and I can’t seem to reconcile that and cutting food. My appetite is ravenous, way worse than just focussing on cardio.

So, I’m still 92kg, but my body composition is improving!

Premier Icon molgrips

Same ^^ weights make me hungry as hell, so I stopped doing them.

Premier Icon oldnick

Me. Fitness took a hit after covid last September, had to cut back on work as too much one day means a lot of napping the next day. That’s triggered the black dog, and Easter eggs won’t eat themselves will they?

Premier Icon airvent
    Free Member

Anyway I’m off to McDonald’s. All this talk has made me hungry.

Premier Icon Kuco
    Free Member

Yep, but currently having a long wait for the NHS to shove a camera down my gut to see wtf is going on in there.

Premier Icon Spud

Sort of, piled a load on late 19, early 20 with a broken leg. Got to my heaviest ever at nearly 89kg in summer 20 and it’s take to this year to get to just over 79kg. I do plenty of exercise, so it’s diet and booze that’s keeping any progress slow. I know I’ll be more or miserable bugger if I really hit the diet that I lost a lot with a few years back. Sitting at home working for two years hasn’t helped I know, and I have an aim for my rugby reffing to go up another level, so with the help of a coach I have something to work for. I have to exercise too else as others have said the black dog takes hold.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Bugger. Another healthy day ruined as I must have subconsciously picked up a 6 pack of Tunnocks tea cakes at lunch time and am now surrounded by discarded foil wrappers, 960kCal without even noticing 😭

Worse yet I’ve taken a kicking all day at work and beer + crisps o’clock is approaching!

Premier Icon funkmasterp

Went boxing last night. Got back home and ate a full packet of chocolate digestives and two Pepperamis. That’s good, right?

Free Member

I rode to work today!
    And, truth is, I am seriously considering walking up to Tesco and buying myself an easter egg.
    Would that be wrong?

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Tesco and buying myself an easter egg.
    Would that be wrong?

This side of Easter, yes- wait til they are on sale Monday.

Premier Icon leffeboy

Another healthy day ruined as I must have subconsciously picked up a 6 pack of Tunnocks tea cakes at lunch time and am now surrounded by discarded foil wrappers

Impressive work although it has to be said they do slip down very easily.  They don’t taste as it they are 960cals

Premier Icon FB-ATB

6 pack of Tunnocks tea cakes at lunch time and am now surrounded by discarded foil wrappers

If you plan to decorate a set of skis with the wrappers then it’s legitimate consumption.

Free Member

I bought one of these instead. And some hot cross buns for the morning

I ate it all, I’d consider that being “treat wise” 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.