Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Who should be dieting, but just CBA?
  • footflaps

I really ought to loose a few kg, but just haven’t the slightest inclination to do so….

desperatebicycle

Yup. Always weighed the same til I hit mid 50s, gone up about a stone, and not through laziness! but sod it eh. Life’s to short for fad diets.

BruceWee

Not sure if it was lockdown or turning 40 or a combination of the two but my weight went from under 75kg to over 85kg. Decided if I was going to be heavy I was going to have to be strong so I started lifting over the winter. Weight seems to have stabilised and I’m getting stronger but now that it’s getting into biking season proper I’m hoping more riding will result in my weight coming back down to normal levels but I’m aware that in reality that’s going to take some careful diet control.

Don’t know if I can be bothered.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Yarp.

No shortage of exercise, but my food choices are bad, can’t pass a KFC.

15KG heavier than I should be.

funkmasterp

Another one here! I just love cake

Houns

Me, I really need to pack in sugar and carbs, and actually ride my bike, however poor mental health is saying no

pondo

Me! 🙂 This WFH lark makes it super-easy to not get off my increasingly lardy arse.

BruceWee

This WFH lark makes it super-easy to not get off my increasingly lardy arse.

I reckon WFH is responsible for 90% of my weight gain. It’s only 20km cycling per day 5 days per week (not particularly hilly either) but that seems to be the difference between relatively stable weight and blowing up like a balloon.

Given that most people drive to work it’s no wonder everyone is fat.

molgrips
    Free Member

Paradoxically, also me, hence the other thread.

midlifecrashes

I’d really prefer to be in 34″ trousers than 36″, and BMI suggests I need to gain another inch in height to hit the BMI25 boundary, but we know it isn’t a great indicator over six foot anyway. Having said that, I ran (3K) for the first time this year yesterday and it didn’t hurt, I did a PB on my local road and gravel loop in that last warm spell and can do my age in press-ups non stop. Besides, comfort food keeps my IBS in check.

intheborders
    Free Member

Me! 🙂 This WFH lark makes it super-easy to not get off my increasingly lardy arse.

WFH has meant more riding for me as I’m not sat in a car for 2-3 hours per day.

MoreCashThanDash

Me, I really need to pack in sugar and carbs, and actually ride my bike, however poor mental health is saying no

That feels familiar. Riding while I’m off work helps but every ride involves a cafe.

stcolin
    Free Member

My weight doesn’t concern me as such, it’s what I eat. I think my insides are of a 20st man who eats 10 maccies a day.

stumpyjon

This is me, lost 10kg last year and broke a number of PBs, pretty sure I’ve put that back on and done no exercise since November, just cant motivate myself.

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Lost 15kg at the end of the first lockdown with a bootcamp and sensible diet. Put it all back on through a lack of motivation, winter lockdowns and comfort eating. Got to the point that I’ve probably missed the first half of the climbing season and starting to think that I might as well wait until next year.

desperatebicycle

Aren’t easter eggs delicious!

tjmoore

WFH has meant more riding for me as I’m not sat in a car for 2-3 hours per day.

It should do for me but I find I’m working more at home and struggling to force myself out on a ride. Meetings with people spread over UK and other countries makes it difficult to pop out during the day and work later, so has to be night rides.

Problem with Covid is it’s screwed up a lot of the regular group rides, so often only got solo option. I like solo rides but less so in the dark. Summer is better though.

Driving to office I hated (again 2-3 hours a day depending on traffic) but I got exercise wandering around the office and to the local shop. I get very little sat at home.

Though I’ve got a new laptop now that’s got enough grunt and bells and whistles to work from anywhere so I should force myself out elsewhere to work at times (just not the office commute, hate that).

freeagent
    Free Member

Me – very much me.

leffeboy

beer, cheese, frites 🙁

toby1

Ooh, me, me, me. I lost 15kg a couple of years ago and maintained it for 18 months give or take a couple of kg. However, recently 4 persistent kilos have returned and are seemingly un-eager to shift.

Having discovered an intolerance to beer I thought that might help me shift them, but nope. So apparently biscoff lotus biscuits covered in peanut butter are not the path to a slimmer waist.

I did run 5k at lunch, but yes, easter eggs are the best chocolate for sure!

airvent
    Free Member

Me. Got too many others things to think about right now.

duncancallum

Me very much me.

Completely unmotivated and meh!

Though I’m riding more and my strengths coming back. My waist isn’t

andybrad

Houns

1000x me!

molgrips
    Free Member

If I don’t loose weight before June then when I get into Llyn Padarn for the triathlon I’ll slosh half the water out and cause a major flooding incident in Caernarfon. Someone should alert the authorities of the risk.

fatbrad
    Free Member

Hands up here. I need to lose at least 1 stone possibly 2. Through lockdown I went down nearly 3 stone. Now back in the office and crappy weather means I’m back up those 3 again 😪 but office toast has a hold on me

footflaps

My #1 weakness

My #2 weakness

james-rennie

My weight hasn’t changed, but belt is up a couple of inches.
    Tall, skinny with a pot belly and love handles is cool and sexy. Isn’t it??

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I just rang the wife and she has made me a chicken pie for dinner.

Not sure this is the right thread but i am so happy that I had to share with someone

binners

I’ve put on a shedload of weight since the beginning of lockdown, despite not actually being that sedentary

But God, in his ultimate wisdom, saw fit to invent beer, Greggs, Monster Munch and pepperami’s, so what can I do?

I’ve heard rumour that when working from home it is actually possible to not nip into the kitchen every hour for another packet of cheesy Wotsits, but I don’t believe such nonsense

dashed
    Free Member

Plenty of exercise since lockdown but definitely put on 5kg that I CBA to shift. Just too much snacking around the house and wine too many nights of the week. So much easier to be controlled when I was in an office.

I’ve always been pretty disciplined in the past if I need to shed a few kilos but absolutely no self control at the minute!!

malv173
    Free Member

Me! I’ve just finished a coffee with five cola flavored Jammie Dodgers!

Four years ago I weighed 13 1/2 stone. I became vegan and lost just over half a stone. Mainly because I hadn’t figured vegan snacking out. Now I’m back to just over 13 1/2 stone.

My BMI is just in the OK range, but I’m about an inch over the waist to height ratio – 6ft 1, 37ish inch waist, so 36.5 inches is the top of my healthy range.

I’m OK with it, but hoping that I’ll motivate myself to be a little more disciplined on eating more sensibly at some point in the near future, coupled with more riding now the lighter evenings are here.

footflaps

I’ve heard rumour that when working from home it is actually possible to not nip into the kitchen every hour for another packet of cheesy Wotsits, but I don’t believe such nonsense

Just had a lovely current bun – 2nd of the day….

Was a small bowl of crisps before that as in 30mins ago.

Might have had some fruit at some point.

Daffy

I don’t diet. Ever. But I do increase my exercise in the spring and then relax it in the winter. Not much of a delta, but If I stay at summer weight all through winter I tend to get horribly cold and suffer from terrible Reynaud’s. If I stay at winter weight all through the summer, I feel fat.

intheborders
    Free Member

Meetings with people spread over UK and other countries makes it difficult to pop out during the day and work later, so has to be night rides.

Book ‘meetings’ in your diary, before someone else does – this is what I do.

Does help though that I’m an early starter, so it’s accepted that I take a long lunch twice a week (and an early finish on another day).

molgrips
    Free Member

Zwift tonight, anyone?

desperatebicycle

I would but I just finished my Cadbury’s Caramel egg, the little creme egg type one full of caramel. And i feel a bit too sick. Oh and I haven’t got a Zwift bike, and never will have.

funkmasterp

Zwift tonight, anyone?

Is that a type of pastry or cake? If so, yes I’m in.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just had a lovely current bun – 2nd of the day….

Shocking

FB-ATB

Me- lost c15kg in lockdown 1, change of job in Oct 20 & it’s gone back on again due to giving into temptation in the canteen and lack of motivation to exercise.

reeksy

I’ve weighed between 92 and 95 kg since I was 18. My wife reliably informs me that the numbers may not change much but they look different. I have no idea what she means.

Ideally I’d lose five kg, even just to see what difference it makes to riding up a hill with my mates that weigh 30kg less than me. But I seem to forget to do so on a daily basis.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.