Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who runs a RaceFace crank and chain device?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

What do you use?

thepodge
    Free Member

Deus xc cranks
    Superstar seat tube guide

lee93
    Free Member

Well I don’t not yet any way but im buying raceface atlas am crank arms (double ringworm rf light bash) and was going to get a bb stinger as I don’t have the tabs!! Now I’m not sure if they work together?!
    Will be nice to see/hear what other people are using tho!.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Deus XC with a E13 LG1. Flawless on my DH bike for going on 5 years 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Lee, see my posting history or search forum for “stinger” for more info on problems.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

should have said for a double setup

sugdenr
    Free Member

So that explains why I couldnt get my supestar stinger to work with Atlas on my Bfe.

The problem being RF space the granny too close? What is the solution? Is it space the BB out? If so by how much.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

can’t do that on raceface due to the single bolt fitting

lank45
    Free Member

Race Face Deus XC with an MRP dual ring device

zangolin
    Free Member

Atlas FR with double + bash with Stinger. Both BB mount + ISCG mounted stingers over the last few years no problems.
    Don’t forget you can fine tune the chainline on the Atlas cranks by +-6mm – by swapping spacers from one side to to the other.

http://raceface.com/comp/inst/AtlasFR.Crank.pdf

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I have 2 bikes both with iscg old tabs, one with an XT crank, one with a RF evolve. On the RF the granny bolts are almost in line with the DS spacer and there is not enough room for stinger to fit. Had the same problem trying to fit the same cranks with a BB mounted stinger to a nomad and the granny bolts fouled-I sold the stinger on here.

The bike with the XT crank has a stinger fitted and works perfectly. Don’t take my word for it, measure the gap between your iscg tabs (or BB where a BB mounted one would replace a spacer and sit) and see if there is enough space to accommodate the stinger plate- from the linked PDF the atlas looks to have more adjustment than my evolve so they may have accounted for this problem with later/higher end cranks?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Who runs a RaceFace crank and chain device?’ is closed to new replies.