Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who rode Cut Gate this weekend?
  • Bunnyhop

Brilliant wasn’t it. Although I was a wimp and walked down the last loose, steep section towards the stream at the Ladybower end.
    Busier than the Trafford centre on a wet cold Saturday during the sales 🙂
    Waves to onzadog and blackflag, who we bumped into.

amodicumofgnar

How’s the re-built bits holding up? Not been over for a couple of years.

Bunnyhop

They’re bedding in, not pristine any more, the weather has affected them but they’re holding up.

nosedive
    Free Member

i did! set off from fairholmes at 06.50. saw more wildlife than people. its riding really well. the renovated bits are holding up well and fit in really nicely now they haave weathered a bit

Onzadog
    Free Member

Waves back. Said “hello” to redwoods like you asked.

I’ll send those pictures of the bag over later.

Loved that final decent! Three of our group walked bits of that final bit though.

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

love Cut Gate,I usually set off early from Langsett and see the same miserable fell runner coming the other way from Slipery Stones. Seen him 4 or 5 times and he has never even acknowledged me!

MartynS

Not ridden in for a very long time., I couldn’t tell you what the “new” bits were.
    It was very busy… And the reprobates we ran into..

Waves at onzadog..!

Really enjoyed it, despite the company ( 😉 at bunnyhop)

Bunnyhop

Were you with us MartynS? You must have been too fast for me and way out at the front 😉

[/quote] Three of our group walked bits of that final bit though.

That’s made me feel much better 🙂

Carbone
    Free Member

Rode it this AM from langsett , probally as good as it can get , really enjoyed the return loop . Last time I rode it was 25 years ago full ridid / cantis / thumbies etc in low cloud fog n gloop – so yes today was much better

Mugboo

Rode it Tuesday night last week. Set of from Langsett at 7.30, back as the sun was dipping over the moor. Bone dry & empty. 1 walker & 4 riders.

mechanised

Rode this afternoon, baking hot but lovely and fast. Quite a few riders out and about, numpties leaving bikes in the trail whilst they have a rest is a bit annoying though. Rode the final descent ok but quite slidey with all the loose rock.

Mad to think last time I was up there it was 10 foot snowdrifts!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Waves back at martynS with redwoods “hello Martyn” in the style of ever decreasing circles.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Brilliant wasn’t it. Although I was a wimp and walked down the last loose, steep section towards the stream at the Ladybower end.

we set off from fairholmes at about 11am on saturday!
    didn’t go right over to langsett though, just went up about a mile past the steep descent at slippery stones then came back down (which was loose dusty slidey fun!) and then had a bit of a dip in the river, then back to fairholmes…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who rode Cut Gate this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.