Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Who ride with CX wheels on their MTB
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Seen an Inbread with cross wheels on, looked ace so thought that i might put some on me 1×1. Anyone else done this?

skidartist
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of disk hubbed wheels with Open Pro rims that I run with road tyres for road duties on my Inbred, can’t decide it look cool or massively mistaken.

Works very well. No reason not to run them with CX tyres that I can see, might try it sometime for a laugh.

The trick, if you intend the switch back and forth between the 26″ and 700c sets frequently is to either have matching hubs or get a set of shims for rotors. The latter aren’t too easy to source, mine came from Germany and I’ve forgotten who makes them. (and thats only a solution for 6-bolt rotors)

Kuco

I’m sure the 6 bolt rotor shims i’ve got came from Hope. But that was a few years ago.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

The shims are from Syntace
    http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=757

If you’re gonna put thinner slicks on for road duty I think the larger 700c wheels look better than a 26″ with titchy tiny tyres. Plus the gearing rations would work out better too.

mangoridebike

I do it on my SS for winter, its makes the road sections seem a bit faster and the thinner tyres cut through the gloopy mud much better.

I think it looks rather good too, kinda purposeful

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Who ride with CX wheels on their MTB’ is closed to new replies.