Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who makes the best Deck Shoe’s?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Need to replace my old Timberlands, they are 6 years old and have held up really well. I do need a thin sole and either a part footbed or none at all as i do go bare foot and they do go in the sea. I’m also not keen on Yacht only shoes, they must be either Brown or Navy leather. Cheers

sockpuppet

the best deck shoe’s what?

swank
    Free Member

rah rah rah

carlphillips
    Free Member

anything that’ll go with a hackett polo with turned up collar…

carbon337
    Free Member

dubarry

Surfr
    Free Member

Used to have an ace pair of Douglas Gills but they don’t make shoes except sailing boots now :/

johnhoo
    Free Member

No apostrophes in “shoes” please. it’s (it is) a plural

sc-xc

Ant makes Deck shoes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOL @ Deck Shoes!!

(But seriously, I believe Dubarry make good ones, and in lots of colours…and they make the leather laces long enough so you can tie them up into little tassles on the ends!!)

myheadsashed

Do you sport a pink jumper sorry sweater over the shoulders jonny foreigner styleee?

marsdenman
    Free Member

boatshoes.co.uk may have the answer?

Wookster

Dubarry do make the best boots (for offshoe stuff then I always liked the chameau boots are the mutts nutts for north sea atlantic stuff.) but at a price as for shoes when racing I wear Harken sailing trainers, as for shoe I wore chatham shoes as they were chea-per than dubarry’s but stuck well to the deck and lasted. BUt I would really look at the trainers.

carbon337
    Free Member

only problem with the trainer type is they can start to smell if they get wet. I got some Sperry grid trainers when in the states and they work pretty well on most decks and have loads of drainage to get the water out quick.

My Dubary Ultima boots have lasted years but at £170 you would expect them too!

carbon337
    Free Member

forgot to say – check out SLAM for their trainer range. Expensive and small fitting though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sebago Docksides, lasted me years.

BTW there really are some **** cocks on this forum.

swank
    Free Member

walking into the Pier View in Cowes with shorts, douglas gill rubber boots, faded chequered rugby shirt and lifejacket for emergencies.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

I’ll second the Sebago’s good uppers & grip IMO

colnagokid

Kingtut , would you expect anything else other than good natured “ribbing” towards someone posting sailing q’s on a mtb forum (especially this one?) whos the cock? 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who makes the best Deck Shoe’s?’ is closed to new replies.