Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • who leaves the earliest for their commute?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

05:00 for me, used to be 04:30 but I lost the will over a year ago, the good weather and early light has me motivated again.
    Bring on the tailwinds!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Want a medal?

If I’m getting up at 5 then I’m not bothering with the internet…

Used to be 7 if I did but as the showers/lockers were not viable then I didn’t, For a while it was 6:45 to avoid traffic on the roads but that was just in a car.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It’s 04:30 for me.
    Not too bad this time of the year but not so good in winter!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

5.30 for mtb or 6.00 if im on the road bike …. but im only a now and then commuter !

jam-bo

I assume that means you get to leave by midday then? Or is this another ‘look how many hours I work’ thread in disguise?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

For me it’s about an hour before I start (as I would if driving) rides takes me about half hour, and leaves me plenty of time to change, chill, coffee and chat before starting

Drac

Not me I walk to work takes 5 mins.

I used to start early shift at 04:30, which meant leaving at about 03:45 at the latest.
    Late shift finished at 01:00. Sometimes, on a nice night, I would extend my commute and get home well past 03:00.

oldkit56
    Free Member

I used to leave home at 4am to drive 80 miles for a 6am start,
    couldn’t even contemplate doing it now,
    Last job was a 7.00 start and that was too early for me these days. 😐

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I assume that means you get to leave by midday then? Or is this another ‘look how many hours I work’ thread in disguise?

Not sure about anyone else but I finish at 17:00.
    12 hour shifts so plenty of days off 😀

samuri
    Free Member

6:00 for me now. For about a year I would get up at 5:00 and leave at 5:30 but it was really screwing with my sleep so I give myself that extra half hour in bed which is definitely making things a lot easier. It’s only half an hour earlier than if I was driving in.

Drac

12 Hour shifts FTW!

loddrik
    Free Member

Kind of between jobs at the moment but 3 years ago I worked for a company where the starts depended on the location of the job. In the mornings I’d be leaving the house at either 01.30, 02.30 or 03.30 depending on the job that day.

Leaving the house at that time of day in the winter when it was hammering down and having to ride through some of Liverpool’s less salubrious parts to get to work wasn’t much fun.

Euro
    Free Member

12 Hour shifts FTW!

+1

My shift goes 7-7 so not really an early one. The best thing about it is missing the traffic. I used to do 6-6 (continental shifts) in another job and when traveling by motorbike, i could leave work and be home (6 miles away) in under 5 minutes. Braaaap!

unknown
    Free Member

I leave home at 6, bus at 6.30 gets me into work in time for my 8.30 start. Same in reverse, leave at 5 and home at 7.30. Not for long though – just handed in my notice and soon I’ll have a c. 8 mile cycle commute!

lee170
    Free Member

4am start for me most mornings.

jonjones262
    Free Member

3am for me, on a Monday.

qwerty
    Free Member

Want a medal?If I’m getting up at 5 then I’m not bothering with the internet…

No not really mate, just a bit of solidarity from any other cycling commuters who get up Dawns crack whilst I’m struggling to get motivated.

Up at 04:30, leave at 5 in for just before 06:00 shower and take over at 06:15, finish at 18:30.

danielgroves
    Free Member

A nice 7:30 for me 😀

tomhoward

Depends which office im in. If its Harrogate, then leave the house at 8 to cycle in to be at my desk, changed and showered by 8.45. If Stockport then leave the house at 5.50 ish to be in in the office by 8.45, having commuted by train.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘who leaves the earliest for their commute?’ is closed to new replies.