Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who Knows About LAST Bikes?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

LAST bikes have caught my attention recently but there’s a few things I’m trying to figure out.

Do all 4 carbon frames use the same main frame and swing arm? Is it just the shock stroke/length and rocker link geometry that change? They all look to weight the same as well.

If that’s the case, why are the shorter travel two tested to level 4 and the longer travel two are tested to level 5?

If they are using the same carbon frame components throughout the range, doesn’t that mean the only weight increase from one bike to the next is the increase in fork and shock weight? If so, does that make choosing the travel you want even trickier?

bruneep

Is it just the shock stroke/length and rocker link geometry that change?

This is the case with the aluminium frame, the frame I have can be the coal 160mm or glen 140mm depending on what linkage I put on. Need to have 2 rear shocks as well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s what I’m understanding but not sure if there’s two pair of interchange bikes or if all four carbon offerings are essentially the same.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ask them, I’m sure they would probably answer any questions.

That said, that doesn’t sound quite right unless the geometry is factored into the link plates. If it is then that would be pretty awesome to be able to switch out.

Norco did similar in the VPS days but IIRC the shock length remained the same. You could switch between travel lengths but the HA would slacken the shorter you got (unhelpfully). I think the main frames were different though to accommodate the travel options (since the shocks were mostly the same).

leegee

Ah, the one that got away.

The carbon Lasts are stunning in the flesh, the aluminium ones are very nice, if you are thinking of ordering ask which shipping company it will be.
    previous Last thread

ayjaydoubleyou

Yeah, that’s what I’m understanding but not sure if there’s two pair of interchange bikes or if all four carbon offerings are essentially the same.

I’m no help (as confused as you here) but worth adding that the two bigger travel ones have just been refreshed and that was the first mention that all 4 were cross compatible. So the ad copy from the shorter two may be different.

Onzadog
    Free Member

ask which shipping company it will be

The website mentions test rides and collection is an option. When you’re spending that much on a bike, it probably justifies a couple of trips to ensure you’re doing it right.

bruneep

Ah, the one that got away.

did you never get it?

leegee

No, Parcel farce sent it back, no customs letter or tracking updates for an ages, then the tracking said returned.

Last have the frame back and I’m getting a refund. they are not at fault here and have been great since.

bruneep

Oh that is shit, they are good frames.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That really does suck and makes me even more determined to go and collect if I do get 9ne.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.