Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Who knows about bike shelters?
  • curto80
    Free Member

Anyone with experience of dealing with supply and installation companies?

We’ve got proposals from cyclepods, Broxap and Pentagon so just wondering if any experiences of these companies good or bad?

40mpg

Have used Broxap frequently on construction projects but supply only as we have the groundworker install. No issues noted but it’s hardly a significant part of a new development.

They are kind of the ‘Hoover’ of bike shelters so invariably get specced by architects.

What sort of installation are you after?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes i know a little bit. What exactly are you looking to install, where etc?

curto80
    Free Member

Thanks guys

its a small project for a primary school where i’m a Governor.

Usual thing of being given no background or explanation of what they want to achieve but then being asked to sign off on the cost.

we had some terrible experiences a few years ago with a construction company on-site and, although that was a far bigger project, i’d like to be comfortable that whoever turns up on-site is going to respect the school working environment, charge what they say they will, do a good job and build something that will last a few years.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Have you looked to see if you have any local companies who might make and install it for free as part of their Corporate Responsibility plan? Parents often have links to companies who might build or install it thereby reducing costs. Sometimes it’s just about asking as many have policies to support employee requests.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Literally fitted a broxap unit 2 weeks ago. Sack off the supplied rivets and use a nice tech screw to Vicks the polycarb on as it was a bastard!

Other than that resin it down and you’re good to go.

DezB
    Free Member

The ones where I work are superb – combi lock doors, perspex covered, rain proof. Not in work this week though, so can’t get any info til next week. Pm me if you want me to get info later.

40mpg

We build a few schools. Even in primary security is a major consideration. We usually position on the secure line to the school with controlled access from the non secure side (access control linked to office) with a lockable gate on the school side. This allows kids to drop off bikes as they access the campus and complete control by the school over access. Access is monitored by staff at drop off and pick up times as part of the management strategy.

Alternatively, just stick a polycarb shelter and hoops in the playground near the gate!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Who knows about bike shelters?’ is closed to new replies.