Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Who is working right now?
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m sitting in a hire car up a muddy lane near lockerbie.

I’m head to foot in Network Rail orange.

There is a team of rope access guys doing a full structural survey.

We’re delayed.

Its just started **** raining.

Me? I’m going to look at a handrail.

A **** handrail in the pissing rain then stand around waiting for the rope guys to finish because i’m blocked in.

Top that for a Saturday night.

colournoise

I did just check my work email ahead of heading back to School Monday. Deleted a couple of irrelevant ones, flagged a couple more for action on Monday then rapidly back to Wild Gravity and the repeats of Detectorists on BBC4…

takisawa2

Working no, but I’m somewhat foolishly in a caravan, in Blackpool.

I think you’ll find that trumps anything this side of wiping Satan’s backside after curry night.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Sit rep: Still waiting for possession so i can walk along the line.

Takisawa have you gone on holiday by mistake?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Just got home, had a gig…. standard fare really, I work most Friday and Saturday nights! Glass of red then off to bed though. Local gig tonight so getting to bed before 1am which doesn’t often happen.

v8ninety

<waves> I’ve mostly been driving round in circles looking after the crews that are looking after the good (and not so good) people of my city. Bit of a lull so getting in some scran before club kicking out when it’s all going to go mental. As a bonus, the public are getting 13hrs for the price of 12 out of me and my crews tonight. Woop, and indeed, woop.

easily
    Free Member

I got in at 23:30, just missed MotD.

Nice night ride home. Must get myself a head torch.

l0key
    Free Member

double 01:00, dammit 13hour shift

seosamh77
    Free Member

We just tanned 8 bottles of wine, and numerous lagers. After a lovely home cooked meal. 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes. As usual ☹️

marcg868
    Free Member

Yup, idiot here forgot request it off.
    An extra hour of bedpans on a NHS ward whooo hooo 🙄.
    On the plus side I’m off till Friday now, and Gregg’s breakfast is only 2 hours away,I can see it lit up from the window.

bruneep

As a bonus, the public are getting 13hrs for the price of 12 out of me and my crews tonight

pah……working 17hrs instead of 16.

Drac

Unlucky V8 it was my turn this year for the extra hour in bed, just about to get sorted for work.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My 24hr shift starts at 08:00. (actually, it starts at 08:30, but the people who call with jobs don’t seem to know that).

I may get nothing the entire shift but be “trapped” on the sofa waiting, or I might be anywhere and everywhere whatever the conditions looking for faulty electrical lines or cables.

Only time will tell.

Gunz
    Free Member

12 hour shifts Sat and Sun but luckily I’m inside in the dry, on stand by just in case. After 2 years of this I have read the internet – all of it.

v8ninety

pah……working 17hrs instead of 16.

‘Working’??? 🤔😘

Cheers Drac. I survived. They say it works itself out over the course of a career… 🙄

bruneep

‘Working’???

It is up the the general public to fill my working hours with their stupidity, if they decide to behave themselves and not require my skills and knowledge that’s up to them

ta11pau1

Yep, working yesterday and today, 2 people manning a servicedesk for the 30-odd people that are actually working today.

Spotify/youtube/STW and a couple of PC builds helps pass the time.

Yesterday I didn’t mind as it was horrible weather, today is perfect for a ride though. It’ll be dark by the time I finish too.

Next days off for me are Friday and Saturday, was off Wednesday/Thursday last week.

Drac

They say it works itself out over the course of a career… 🙄

Haha! Yeah we use to be told that. I looked into a few years ago it’s classed as being beyond the employer’s control.

Bruneep you were up early was it your turn to cook breakfast?

bruneep

you were up early was it your turn to cook breakfast

A man of my position…..Good god no I have trainees for that task.

big_scot_nanny

josh – rope access crew wasn’t run by Dan or Brian, was it? Just on the off chance!

Currently at Dublin airport on way to the US, work work work! But also fun fun fun – its my company so I can’t really complain (except the long hours and lack of pay!)

joshvegas
    Free Member

No idea to be honest I didn’t catch anyones name we were all kipping until we got let on.

Maybe?

I ended up back at the car sleeping they had a long shift with that extra hour 😀

Drac

A man of my position…..Good god no I have trainees for that task.

That’s what I like to hear.

MTT
    Free Member

Yep, 14 hour days, 12 days on, 2 off. Miserable. A divorce based distraction until I’m back on my feet.

bearnecessities

Me? I’m going to look at a handrail.

Look at these then.

I have to, every day, because I haven’t yet figured how one person can fit them.

****ers.

If I get low on logs….

joshvegas
    Free Member

Big nail at each end whats the problem?!

CountZero

Nope, had the last week off. Does look like I may have picked the wrong week, though.
    Still, nice not to have been at work.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking at two jobs on my screen to finish by 9 tomorrow. 3 hrs work so sod it, I’ll get up at 5:30.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m 22 hours late to the party but I’m currently removing dog leads in Photoshop for a client who turned up for her photoshoot with; one dog due to be put down 🙁 , one dog with anger issues (might have started a thread on here earlier under a different name) and one human-aggressive dog. None of them allowed off their leads, so yes, I’m working.

theboatman
    Free Member

Just rocked up for my first relief A&E shift in over 2 years. Having spent 22 year’s working them full time, oddly I can’t wait to get stuck in, I flipping love an A&E dept 😄

Onzadog
    Free Member

Only done 12.5 hours so far today but my standby doesn’t end until 8am Monday so there’s still plenty of time to do more.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I flipping love an A&E dept

Wierdo! I hate them. Usually end up there with a psych client under the Act, with a couple of pissed off police officers desperate to get away, rolling their eyes every time their radios beep.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Who is working right now?’ is closed to new replies.