Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Who is the cheapest UK courier for sending a bike?
  • tom13
    Free Member

Has anyone had any good deals with sending a bike in the UK recently?

Its been a while since I have sent one (5years) but I used to pay just over £20. Its looking more like £40 now. Am I looking in the wrong places or is this the norm now?

I see Hermes are still pretty cheap but I have packed the bike no and its over the 120 limit and I think I would struggle to get below that.

Cheers

P-Jay
    Free Member

There are a few comparison sites you can try.

The problem with bikes is the length, if you’re prepared to strip and make it a bit more box-shaped you can save a bit, but I’m not sure I’d bother for £40.

colin9

I always use Paisley Freight. £28.

Jase
    Free Member

Its the insurance that bumps the price up

monkeyboyjc

Paisley freight…. But check the insurance levels first.

devbrix
    Free Member

Anyone ever had to use the insurance, does seem a bit steep at around £25/£1000 ish?

coconut
    Free Member
    MarkE25

Send it now lost the only bike I have sent with them and it took 3 months to get the insurance payment from them. I can’t recommend them and will never post anything with them again.

bri-72

Just sorted a courier myself. Despite the apparent saving if went with paisley, their £10 fee if nobody in to receive put me off. Could easy get messed around if buyer not in.

For me it was Parcelforce £48 but less the 14% discount code that’s always doing the rounds, so £40.

Or Paisley £27 but maybe plus £10 or multiples of £10!

Parcelforce won the day. Safer bet for sake of a few £s

heebyjeeby

I sent a bike via paisley freight recently.

it arrived with a dent in the down tube.

Fortunately I had taken out insurance but even at that it was a real battle to get paid.  Without the insurance I don’t think I would have got anything

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Who is the cheapest UK courier for sending a bike?’ is closed to new replies.