Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who is safe to post a shock with??
  • carlos

Looking at DPD to post a rear shock within the Uk

Will it be safe, or use someone else?

Deflate or not? (Bearing in mind the Nitrogen charge wont be deflated)

Let the air out and use the post office .

I would open the can personally, do everything possible for it not to be classified as a pressure device.

That all said, PO or not nobody allows carriage of pressure vessels without a dangerous goods contract which you can only get in the trade. If it goes by air and takes a trip through Belfast you could well end up losing it.

Yes, I’m aware folk send them all the time and yes, I’m aware the chances of detection are small but it can and does happen. I’ve heard of folk getting rifles worth several hundred pounds seized and ending up in a world of crap trying to reclaim it from a far flung depot (if it’s not destroyed as couriers will).

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

I would open the can personally, do everything possible for it not to be classified as a pressure device

I pointed out to the old person behind counter that the jiffy bag or bubble wrap that people use to post the items has pressurised air contained within that. How do the post office deal with that?

steel4real

I’ve recently used, Royal Mail(special delivery – sending a warranty shock to Fox/silverfish) & Royal Mail(Tracked 48 – returning a mis-described ebay purchase, so ebay give you the postage form) and received by DPD (who Fox/Silverfish use for the return service) and Royal mail (1st class signed for – the ebay shock I received).

Last year I sent a coil shock by Hermes and it was delivered fine and Forks by both Hermes (ebay sale) and Parcel Force (servicing) and a frame with air shock attached by Parcel Force.

If I was to play safest I’d use DPD as that’s who Fox/silverfish and I think TFTuned use for their collection and return service. After that, Royal Mail special delivery as it’s guaranteed next day so can they really check all the parcels ?

Premier Icon sockpuppet
    Subscriber

I pointed out to the old person behind counter that the jiffy bag or bubble wrap that people use to post the items has pressurised air contained within

And how did that go? Did it cause a change in Post Office policy?

🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.