Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Who is missing someone this Christmas?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Makes you appreciate the people you have don’t it?

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, missing my little brother who died 8 weeks ago.
    He was 36.
    I was alright until we sat down for lunch, then the tears came.

loddrik
    Free Member

Mum died at 36 in 1989. Would still have been nice to have her there today.

everyone
    Free Member

Lost my Gran about a month ago. Feels strange not giving her a ring and not having a card from her.

I’ve avoided the nice bottle of whisky I got in case I got maudlin.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Dad went almost a year to the day. Wish we could have had known each other better. Long story but he is in a better place really. That is all.

Jamie
    Free Member

This time last year, boxing day, I found my Nan at the bottom of the stairs after suffering a stroke. Took 5 lingering months for it to finish her off, but it was essentially game over from that point.

Unlike everyone, I have been drinking so feel like I have just been hit by a bus thinking about it….

Philby

My Mum passed away 6 weeks ago. Missed being in Yorkshire with her for Christmas. Got a bit dusty last night thinking about the many Christmases we spent together.

anagallis_arvensis

My brother died 2 years ago, miss him every day.

cinnamon_girl

First Xmas as an orphan. My late mother’s only remaining sister joined us for Xmas Day and it wasn’t a sombre occasion. It’s always difficult for my two adult kids having parents who are not together.

Reckon we all got through it OK.

Hugs to those who’ve struggled.

Pigface
    Free Member

With friends who lost their son of 22 six weeks ago, lots of tears lots of laughs. I am sat this morning thinking about what a extraordinary man he was and all the life he had to look forward to. Everyone else is still in bed. Feel a bit detached but life goes on.

bren2709

Had to have my dog put to sleep in April.
    Miss the excited look he gave on Christmas Day morning when he saw all the presents under the tree.
    The search would began for his stocking of treats. Then would come the bacon sandwich on buttered toast and to round it off the demolishing of the squeaky toy in minutes. 🙁

Sandwich

Father in Law and my mum always missed by the Sandwich family. Mum was 13 years ago FIL 19 years ago.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Missing my mum and dad…… Was doing ok till I saw this thread…… But thank you ….. It’s good to release some tears .

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My dad – his birthday and Xmas passed within a few days in December. Birthday was ok but yesterday tough as the first year without him. Made sure we drank a bottle of his favourite wine but too chocked to explain why. Talk to him everyday.

Good to know that none or us are alone in this. Metaphorical hug to the rest of you!

Carols set me off especially the sing choirs of angels descant!!!!

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Dad – like someone further up said, fine until sat sat down at dinner then floods of tears.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I miss Wendy. 2ys in April. Still feel incomplete on the special days. Must move on.

project
    Free Member

Mum, Dad,and all my aunties and uncles, along with mates mum.

Christmas makes you realise how much work and effort they put into it when we where kids,and adults,buying presents, cooking huge amounts of food,and being there for us, and sometimes we didnt always appreciate them and their hard work.

Youll never be forgoten,and THANKYOU.

easygirl

Dad, missed him coming through our front door laughing and saying to my wife “that smells good”

MarinNo8
    Free Member

My old mate Babs who passed away a couple of months ago. Such a lovely bloke, kind and generous. Had a huge laugh on him. He was fit as a fiddle and could turn on the screw on a ride until you thought your legs and lungs couldn’t take anymore! His birthday was early December which was hard but yesterday I did shed a few tears. Hopefully he’s enjoying the trails up there and no doubt drilling his new riding buddies.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Dad always made Christmas special, it’s never quite been the same without him, however yesterday I decided to remember all the amazing Christmas’ with him rather than focussing on the future ones without.

It helped. Here’s to Dad and all your missing loved ones.

anagallis_arvensis

must move on

not sure you ever do, just get on with life

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mum died 3 weeks ago and it was odd not seeing her yesterday – she’d have loved it.
    Miss you mum – and I know I keep saying it but, thanks 🙁

pingu66
    Free Member

Lost my mum several years ago but still hurts around this time of year. I guess it’s a time for remembering. Met my OH when she lost her mum, supporting her as a friend who had been through similar and she respects that I loved my mum a great deal and sometimes it gets difficult for me. Pretty sure I will have a few tears in my eyes over the holiday.

Having a moment now thinking about my mum writing this.

It’s good to remember those we love.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

My friend lost his wife very suddenly this year, 3 weeks after the birth of their second child, we’re still in shock to honest and talking to him yesterday was heartbreaking 😥

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Who is missing someone this Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.