Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Who is going to White Room this summer?
  • wallop

Ski season is over now (for me anyway) so it’s time to start looking forward to the annual alpine pilgrimage.

15 weeks and counting – a week with Stevo, Pat & Iona followed by the usual week self guided around Les Arcs.

Also looking forward to actually having air con in the car on the way down for the first time in 5 years 😆

mrhoppy

Me! 25th June week so the week before you maybe. Just need to pay the money in now.

Didn’t get Alps last year, Mrs hoppy is sending me as I got miserable.

wallop

Woohoo! Two weeks before us (I’m not very good at counting).

singlespeedstu

We’re going at the end of the season after a couple of holidays else where.
    Really hoping it’s good.

Crag
    Free Member

Yup, I’m going. Me and a dozen mates have booked it out for a week mid-July – can’t wait

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Yep, me and a buddy are going mid August. Not been with white room before but have heard good things and very much looking forward to it. Previously been to Les arcs with trail addiction, how do they compare?

wallop

I’ve not been with TA but having observed it from a distance I’d describe WR as ‘less alpha’ 😆

wallop

That’s not to say the trails are any less challenging, mind.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fingers crossed. Skied with them twice and hoping to go late July or August. We had been looking at June 25 week but I now have a “must attend” event my daughter is performing in

jambalaya
    Free Member

less alpha’

Possibly a reflection of the founders ? I’ve done a Dest-X holoday with TA

wallop

I’d love to do Destination X – it sounds amazing.

welshfarmer

Did Dest X with TA last year and Les Arcs with them the year before. Back out to Les Arcs at end of July, staying with TA but self guiding this time. Can’t wait. Just need all my winter injuries to go away

shaungero
    Free Member

Booked for the 24th July, First trip to the Alps so can’t wait.

maxtorque

Keeping Mrhoppy company from 25th June 😆 No, not like THAT you pervs!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’d love to do Destination X – it sounds amazing.

I’m hoping WR will be better 🙂 Dest-X is exactky how they advertise it. Aside from La Saise bike park warm up day I think we saw 4 other mtb’s all week.

poonprice
    Free Member

Dreaming of sunny days with the Whiterooms, spent an awesome week with those guys a couple of years back. Its a little trickier getting there now i’ve moved to Oz.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@sofa we may book same time ws you will update when I know. TA is a bigger outfit, dare Imsay it War a bit more personal. (No critism of TA and I would happily book with them again). WR I think rides in a wider variety of areas around the valley but perhaps some of the same trails.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

25th June here with the guys I usually go away with.

Might take the Dh bike instead of the trail bike though, had such a hoot on it in Portugal last month in Lousa….

cblair246
    Free Member

3rd Sept for a week with one of my mates. Been with TA so looking forward to see how this compares.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep long way from oz… Trying to work out a trip back

ChrisL

I’m spending a week down the valley at Bike Village at the end of August/beginning of September.

wallop

Any more for any more? Still some spaces left!

Less than 4 weeks to go for us 8)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Who is going to White Room this summer?’ is closed to new replies.