Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Who in Edinburgh area for a wheel build?
  • Northwind

Anyone got a recommendation for a wheel rebuild? My rear Traversee’s been bodged straight once too often and the alloy nipples are becoming a real problem so I fancy getting it rebuilt with the same parts but brass nipples.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bicycleworks

bigG
    Free Member

Not exactly Edinburgh, but still central belt. I can’t recommend Big Al at Wheelcraft, Clachan of Campsie. This guy is a legend, worth a visit even for the banter alone (take biscuits).

site link

Garry_Lager

Bicycle works seconded, but you need the guvnor to build it (Andy?) Extremely good and reliable builds. Recall having one built there not by him that was less impressive.

argyle
    Free Member

Pedals opposite velo ecosse

b1galus
    Free Member

Yes, the “droid ” at the bikeworks or dave martin

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Velo ecosse or the bike chain. Had my last 4 wheels built at VE and would use again.

ChrisL

Bike Works is generally my first choice though I think that I’ve had a wheel done at The Bike Chain and it’s been fine too. Possibly less glowering from them if I ask for black spokes, too!

imnotverygood

Velo ecosse

I just find them too snooty by half. Whenever I’ve gone there they have been pretty unhelpful & seem to be checking whether you’ve shaved your legs or not.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Bicycle works with out a doubt.

druidh
    Free Member

Me.
    I have a 100% record.

For the one wheel I built…..

….under supervision 😳

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Velo Ecosse? Snooty? Really?

That’s not been my experience of them at all. They’ve built me a pair of road wheels which I’m delighted with and am planning to get them to build be a set of mountain bike wheels sometime soon…

Anyway…that’s a +1 for Velo Ecosse.

Northwind

Well that was decisive :mrgreen: Cheers folks.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

try Steve @ http://www.wheelroom.co.uk he’s out at east calder so not too far also +1 for Al @ wheelcraft!

jimmy

I believe the Bike Chain have a new French mechanique who’s a wheel builder. Not that Brad doesn’t build wheels. Or even Mark on a quiet day. Or Colin under supervision. Jeez, even Poppa-T might get involved for the right pint.

druidh
    Free Member

jimmy – Member
    Jeez, even Poppa-T might get involved for the right pint.

Which would be fine if you only wanted half the spokes in it and it not actually trued….

jimmy

I stopped vouching for quailty after the first two-ish names.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Who in Edinburgh area for a wheel build?’ is closed to new replies.