• This topic has 120 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Who here has been "Jedi" improved?
  • davecm
    Free Member

Another happy padawan learner here!

My day with Jedi was “game changing” for sure, and he’s one of the genuinely nicest blokes I’ve met.

Only snag is I’m now sitting here at my desk frustrated I’m not riding my bike and putting the skills to use!!! 😆

Jedi introduced me to shore/drops what seems like years ago (2004/5?).

Not seen him for a long time, but still sense his force from time to time.

theprawn
    Free Member

still sense his force from time to time.

you can normally smell it.

mike, i have 1 mtb left. it’s one of yours. do i win a prize?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi Jedi,
    Where are you based? Have you a website? I really need to sort something out for the New Year!
    Thanx Max

theprawn
    Free Member
    devilman
    Free Member

I am riding with him in the morning.Fingers crossed for the weather.
    DM

theprawn
    Free Member

if you’re fingers are crossed for cold, wind and rain you could well be in luck.

jedi

devilman, hope the weather plays ball 🙂

jedi

devilman, no snow to speak of here. see you there. 🙂

devilman
    Free Member

Brillant day!!
    Now wobbling around a bit quicker than before.
    DM

jedi

was great fun eh. snow to start too 🙂
    did alan send you the pics and blog?

devilman
    Free Member

It would seem Alan is slacking,no pictures yet.
    If you could send them direct,it is devilman4athotmail.com

at=@
    Thanks
    Dm

jedi

done, and thanks again 🙂

zebardy
    Free Member

Thanks Tony the Skills day last Friday, was definitely an experience. Things are still sinking in a week later. Starting the day in the snow and freezing my fingers off was worth it! Shame we ran out of time to attempt the table top and didn’t get to see you demo some of the wood work due to the weather :S. Would love to come back again and try some more stuff (still thinking of the table top). Not been able to get back out on the bike yet, but looking forward to putting things into action on my next ride!

jedi

yeah the late start didn’t help eh 🙁
    its been 5 weeks since all the woodwork has been dry enough for a full ride session 🙁 at least the new singletrack i have cut is riding flowy. let me know how the riding goes
    high5 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I treated myself to an early Christmas present session with Jedi and a truly worthwhile one it was too.

I asked to focus on all round riding and got a huge amount out of the session and had a great day under blue skies at what is a cool place to spend time. One key benefit for me was starting to understand how it feels to do things right and when things don’t go well to appreciate where I’ve missed one of the key ingredients.

jedi

jambalaya, and it was a fun session too 🙂 thanks

hugor
    Free Member

I have scored a private lesson for Xmas from the Mrs.
    Its great to read all these experiences. Can’t wait.
    I’m thinking of waiting until the weather starts improving.
    Gotta decide on which bike. Got a 29FS and a 456.
    I mainly trail ride on the 29er.
    Is it worth putting on flats for the lesson?

metalheart
    Free Member

Hugor, As I’m sure tony will tell you, use whatever YOU feel MOST comfortable with. It’s YOUR day after all.

My mate did it on his 5 with spds, I did it on my Soul with flatties.

We both came away happy 🙂

Sometimes we concentrate on the wrong things and get caught up in ‘gear’. It’s really not that important. You’ll see.

jedi

+1 metalheart 🙂

4ndyB
    Free Member

I’ve been Jedi’d

I just used what I would do on a normal ride

OK it was a brand new bike but all the usual kit was used (SPD’s, camelbak, clothing, all was my normal riding stuff)

No point in doing something differently for that one day then reverting back to your usual stuff

I just went and rode my bike with a top fella who gave me a few pointers on how to ride smoother and faster

jedi

andy b, yeah you brought a brand new cube iirc 🙂 you still riding it?

slowrider
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of sessions; a public and a 2-1. I was at a point where I was happy with how fast I could ride but wanted to improve confidence on bigger jumps and drops. Within about an hour Tony had shown me I could be even faster for less effort and we were on to the airborne stuff!

I’m a slow learner and slip quickly back in to bad habits so previous skills courses hadn’t made much difference, partly because bits of them didn’t seem to make sense and partly because there was so much to remember. This time around it was simple and made perfect sense. My 2-1 day was such a significant turning point in my riding; my technique improved massively during the day itself but since then it’s just got better and better. I’ve still a long way to go and I still slip back to bad habits when I’m tired but being given the tools to progress so rapidly has really lit a fire under my enthusiasm for riding again. I’m out at my local spot or back to herts shore as often as possible just chipping away
    at that progress and enjoying every minute of it. I feel like I learn something new evey time I’m on my bike.

My 2-1 session was with my brother as I wanted him to have a go after my public session and I’ve boughht my old man a 1-1 for Xmas. I suggest it to all my riding buddy’s too but I still think there’s a negative perception of needing coaching in some bikers.

I cant recommend Tony enough. There really is a massive difference between his coaching and the coaches who teach from their handbook. Look on their websites before booking a session; if there’s pictures of riders leaning back or looking down then avoid. Or just save yourself the trouble and waste of money and go straight to Jedi. You won’t regret it. FACT.

winterfold
    Free Member

Another BIG +1

Definitely worth taking some time afters to put into practise what you learned your first go. It took me a while to do on my own what I was doing with Tony. Some of what he says might not make sense for a few months afterwards either, but then it clicks.

He is great at aftercare and emailing you to make sure you are getting out and doing things.

Hopefully going back when I fixed following injury (from car, not bike…)

jedi

slowrider, thanks 🙂
    winterfold, healing vibes and we’ll ride soon! 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m another one who’s had the coaching. Went to get over my fear of drops, succeeded for the most part but got a lot more than expected from the other part of the coaching. I am a LOT faster now which was a great result as far as I’m concerned.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Yeah Tony, still got the Cube Sting, now with a X fusion dropper post.

jedi

good call, i getting a reverb for my new frame when it arrives 🙂

FieldMarshall

I’d avoid him like the plague.

The guy is a witch and messes with your head.

If this was medieval times he’d have been burnt at the stake by now. 😉

jedi

lol @ fieldmarshall 🙂

FieldMarshall

Only kidding about the burning bit Tony. But I still can’t get your voice out of my head after 3 months.

At every corner or drop I hear your voice. I don’t always get it right but I now understand what I’ve done wrong.

I’m still reaping the rewards of my 1-2-1 and thanks for all the follow on advice.

Merry Xmas to you Tony and happy riding in 2012.

jedi

happy new year to you and all too 🙂

devilman
    Free Member

Mild weather + holiday = massive amounts of time spent riding.
    Its comming together.
    Jedi if you fancy a night ride around woburn sometime, drop me a mail.
    Cheers
    Gary

jedi

devilman, tues/weds is a possibility. cheers! 🙂

devilman
    Free Member

Good for tues or weds.
    DM

fathomer

I will be come April, can’t wait!

jedi

fathomer, i’ll see you then 🙂

jedi

dm, maybe weds. i got to get van mot’d 🙁

jedi

devilman, mot sorted for tomorow so i reckon all good for weds. what time you thinking? email me? 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

had the most beautiful ride on saturday, at one point i actually had a tear of joy running down my left cheek at the bottom of a hill, still grinning at the end of the weekend thinking about it. every single ounce of confidence and pace came from the flow and improved techniques that i learnt from jedi.

better than any investment in equipment 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Who here has been "Jedi" improved?’ is closed to new replies.