Who here has appeared on a TV gameshow?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Who here has appeared on a TV gameshow?
  • Tom B

Flicking through the channels waiting for Die Hard to come on, I’ve ended up with some random quiz show thing on (I think that it’s part of the Lottery show)….it strikes me that most of the questions are pretty easy given the amount of cash on offer!

So, has anyone on here ever been on one? Maybe you won a load of money?!

A bloke that I know was on Deal or No Deal and won 750 quid 🙂

Premier Icon Smudger666
    Subscriber

Ex girlfriend was on blockbusters but was shit and lost to some solo kid going top to bottom.

Not much of a contribution to a thread, I admit, but was all I had.

Jamie

A science teacher at my old school went on 15-1. He went out on a science question. Oh the shit he had to put up with.

I’m Susan Boyle. Does that count?

Tom B

Yes it does Susan. What are you up to nowadays?

Jamie

Stealing rhubarb…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo1DQSg56HE[/video]

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I was screen tested to appear on the short lived BBC rival to Blockbusters hosted by Emlyn Hughes.

Me and a lad from college called Howard Booth had to do a mock up of the show with some researchers. I didn’t get through. Howard did and now he is a sports reporter for the Beeb. I guess he must have… you know… put out.

The show was awful and died after one series. Much like Emlyn.

Rorschach

Can I have a ‘Pee’ please Bob?

A bloke I worked with was on Family Fortunes years ago & did ok. Another guy at our place was on Weakest Link & won nowt, a guy I saw while working in Durham jail was on one of the 1st Who Wants to be a Millionaire’s & won absolutely FA, not even anything!
    One of the drugs workers at our place has passed an audition for Million Pound Drop so wer’e just waiting to see if he actually gets on! (hope he does cos he’s a nice fella)

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Not exactly – but when I was university, one of the girls there was Jim Bowen’s daughter. So she arranged it for him to come up during rag week (the charity thing, not while she was …. anyway) and do a roadshow version of Bullseye, with student contestants winning useful student stuff like toasters and kettles and the like.

And it wasn’t me but a mate that got on. He was alright in the questions but paired with another bloke who couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo, let alone bully’s prize board, so they basically won SFA.

I do remember a lot of Jim’s act wouldn’t have been suitable for the Sunday tea time slot though. In front of his daughter too……

samuri

A friends mum was on the price is right and won about two grand. Another friends family were on family fortunes and win about 15 grand. A girl from work has been on 15-1 and was out really quickly.

I’ve been on a radio quiz show for schools. I forget what it was called but we won and got some dictionary’s. 🙁

nickjb

We had a student placement girl who was on university challenge. They got the lowest score ever, minus 15 IIRC. I won a toaster on a radio phone in. True story.

I was on bullseye, nearly won a speedboat, but decided not to go for it, as I’d had a lovely day…..

dictionary’s

what?

matthew_h

I was on “The Joke Machine” with the Krankies in 1984 or 85. Had to tell a couple of jokes. Can’t remember what they were as it was well before we had a VCR and hence no evidence exists. I won a copy of The Krankies album on vinyl. Pretty sure that my parents will still have the album at home.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

School friend was on blockbusters.
    Another school friends dad was on the production team for Crackerjack.
    I know a few that went for auditions for various shows, but our proposed team for the Crystal Maze got rejected by return of post.

not been on a gameshow but been in the audience on The Tube. The Alarm & New Model Army were on. I was there for NMA

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

A mate of a collegue was on million pound drop. Got £25k. Which given the starting point, I wasn’t all that impressed.

matthew_h

Actually, I guess it counts as a game show of sorts, but I was also on “We Are The Champions” twice in 1987. Won the first round, second in the series final. Didn’t win anything but did get to meet Ron Pickering and also got to hear the magic phrase “Away you go” before we went nuts in the swimming pool at the end.

I was on Songs Of Praise, does that count?

rob2

No, but a chap in my class at school, his girlfriend won the lottery. £2m I think. They bought a load of houses. He now works in Edinburgh bike co op in byker as a job just cause he likes it.

His girlfriend is an ugly pig, but he stayed with her!

Mantastic

Girl at work won the big giveaway on the gadget show

I once farted on the set of Blue lagoon!

loddrik

My mate was on blockbusters and was quite pissed at the time.

SiB

Jamie

A science teacher at my old school went on 15-1. He went out on a science question. Oh the shit he had to put up with.

CGGS perhaps, Mr Thompson?

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Mate was on who wants to be a millionaire – won about 50p.

Mate was on WWTBAM about 10 yrs ago. Won £16k or £32k, I forget which.

Another mate went on a late night sex chat type show In the mid 90s.. I think his dirty bird went on too.

My cousin was on blind date many years ago. She was the ‘picker ‘ so was guaranteed a free holiday. Can’t remember where she went but I know her luggage got misplaced at the airport so the producers bought her an entire new wardrobe.

I also remember that she was in a fairly serious relationship at the time and therefore had to lie all the way through the application process.

mikewsmith

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM-_o0NjgH8[/video]
    Yes it’s Rob Warner on the Weakest link

piemonster

Girlfriend was on Wipeout.

Closest I’ve been was a regional news broadcast(TV and Radio) playing a Didgeridoo.

boxfish

Does Crimewatch count?

kjcc25

Many years ago I worked with someone who won on Sale of the Century.

skiboy

Me and 4 mates where on ‘friends like these’ with Ant ‘un Dec in 2000, we won an all expenses holiday at the Maritim in Mauritius, blinder, $2500 was given to us for beer by the producers too,

We had planned it as our last ‘boys’ holiday and somehow pulled it off, the girls were where against in the show where destroyed and left in tears as they had never been abroad on holiday before, It felt a little cruel but we soon got over it,

Can’t believe it was 13 yrs ago now !!

I have video evidence of the whole sordid affair including DV we shot during the filming of our filming including winding Dec up so much his veins where popping out on the side if his head,

A guy at work also won the gadget show give away, came in pissed and entered it and couldn’t even remember.
    He sold most of it on the bay and got banned as they were suspicious about all this new gear he was selling.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

I was on Songs Of Praise, does that count?

Only if you won a speed boat

Does Crimewatch count?

Only if you stole a speed boat

A friends mum was on Countdown, bought Richard Whitely a lovely colourful tie as a present. He just put it to one side saying ‘I only wear silk’.

An ex work colleague was on catchphrase, he was terrible. Roy Walker spent the entire show ripping him to bits.

Premier Icon jamesgarbett
    Subscriber

I was on Blockbusters in 1988 – won a load of prizes including 2 holidays and about £400 – which when I was 17 felt like a lot of cash!

Premier Icon Pyro
    Subscriber

I was on 15-to-1 some time in the mid 90s

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Someone in my class on Dungeon & Dragons.

I failed on a radio phone-in quiz on Radio Devon when I was about 11, because I didn’t know who was on the back of a £50 note. Still don’t.

Tom B

I remember my Dad winning us tickets to press day at the Motor show at the NEC when I was 7. I got to sit in Jonny Herbert’s Lotus F1 car.

I was on Beadles About when I was 10-sketch involving a bloke farting in the lifts up Blackpool tower 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Who here has appeared on a TV gameshow?’ is closed to new replies.