Who have you met out riding?

Home Forum Bike Forum Who have you met out riding?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Who have you met out riding?
  • Moses

A couple of years ago I was riding with some mates in the Black Mountains, & bumped into Stoner from this site, who was out for a solitary overnight hike.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

timmy mallet.

loddrik

Just saw the lollipop man outside my daughters school.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Dougie Vipond. /thread.

jekkyl

I was out up Macclefield forest on Saturday and met a guy called ‘Don’ who lives in Macclesfield. He was able to advise me on some other local riding. He minced out of the tech on charity lane and went down the cut path to the right.

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

Bumped into Chris Akrigg a couple of times in my local woods.

Jamie

No one really.

Saying that, I do occasionally see the odd group of MTB’ers, I assume from PeterboroughMBR, and maybe some of them are on here.

mt

Met my mate Nick out on his Cotic X, we were going up Reeth High Moor but heading of on different routes from the top. It was great to meet a friend out in the hills.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Pretty much a whos who of big slopestyle comps/freeride/DH.

In Whistler, 2 weeks before Crankworks.

Yetiman

Prince Charles. We’d just finished coming down off Lochnagar and Charlie was there pottering about at the side of Loch Muick.

freeridenick

Fairclough/Kerr bombing around our local trails..

winston

Out on the Purbecks yesterday, opened a gate for a chap and his dog, got chatting and he turned out to be Seb Rogers (MBUK etc etc) dad

2 miles further on, stopped at the Square and Compass and who should be having a coffee but Rowland Riveron and family – asked me a load of questions about local riding!

You just never know who you are going to bump into

chambord

Adam Hart-Davies in Clearbrook when out riding from Plymouth in to Dartmoor.

Not my picture, but…

scud

I stopped at Waitrose in Swaffham, Norfolk whilst out on the road bike (free coffee!) and was chatting to Roger Lloyd-Pack (trigger from Only Fools and Horses) for ages, a week later it was announced he died.

Having a beer in pub down in Cornwall at the end of a ride and was chatting to Ronnie Wood too, he came across as a genuinely nice bloke.

munrobiker

I met my local strava nemesis yesterday. The bastard.

cynic-al

Gary Fisher.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Last year I bumped into Ian Stannard in full sky gear at the bottom of a climb in Essex. He stopped at the same time & opposite the road to me to don a rain jacket – as was I. A minutes exchange of pleasantries and he was off up the hill faster than I could sprint.

Very pleasant chap, even bigger chest in the flesh than the TV relates to you.

Rowland Riveron

I’ve just had to Google him. 😳

discoduck

Munrobiker, I just spat out a mouthful of coffee,

I bumped into Janet Street Porter above Pately bridge, I even held the gate open for her and she still had a go at me !

Something about a speed limit ? And rights of way ?

Premier Icon Richie_B
    Subscriber

Eric Newby (a good few years ago mind – The mention of the Square & Compass at Worth reminded me of that)

‘Met’ with the former england captain when he stepped into the road 2 feet in front of me going through Dore (Sheffield)

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Emmeline Ragot and Ffion Griffiths.

Adam Hart-Davies

^^ bumped in to him at work (but then at work there’s the possibility of bumping in to lots of people that may have been on telly)

Last year I bumped into Ian Stannard in full sky gear at the bottom of a climb in Essex.

You are a troll and I claim my £10. 😉

(On a serious note, whereabouts in Essex? I worked as a mechanic in a high-end road shop near Colchester many moons back)

I also saw Janet S-P in Nidderdale a few years ago. Gave her a hearty “Good Morning!”. She muttered something under her breath and looked away. Arsehole.

Met Camilla a couple of times riding around Tetbury.

Me on a bike her on a horse accompanied by another rider.

Both times she smiled and said hello, I was pleasantly surprised.

rocketman

Assorted DH/XC elite around Cannock

They’re not that fast 🙂

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I also saw Janet S-P in Nidderdale a few years ago. Gave her a hearty “Good Morning!”. She muttered something under her breath and looked away. Arsehole.

Didn’t realise she lived/holidayhomed in Nidderdale, but then I’ve encountered a fair few strange people up that valley. Will have to keep an eye out.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Robert de Niro and bonnie Langford.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

Robert de Niro and bonnie Langford.

Its good that they got back together.

Subscriber

IIRC mcmoonter, or maybe his mate Paul, said they had met Camilla at loch muick, also said she was very pleasant.

Subscriber

Bonnie wasn’t with Robert, she was with Kenny senior. Robert was in the next tent down.

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Kevin Whatley

he must be a regular spot at Woburn

I think I saw Lenny Henry trying to find his house as well

Deveron53

Hans Rey at Cannock. I was once in the same race as John Leslie the ex-presenter of Blue Peter – Helen Sharman (astronaut) was also in the same race.

Watty

I bumped into Paxo on 3 separate occasions cycling off-road with his kiddies at exactly the same place in the Chilterns.

lardman

Chatted to, and smoked a J with Antony Kiedis (lead singer) from the Chilli Peppers at the top of a large hill in San Fransisco area (Mt Tamalpais)

Wasn’t until i left him near the bottom of the descent at the beach that i twigged who he was. Shame as i would have asked if i could play drums in his band if i’d known.

A very fit looney he was too.

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Steve Peat and Hans Rey at Dalby. Saw a load of blokes in full team kit zooming through Yorkshire a couple of weeks ago too, not sure what that was all about. Bastards stole most of the local Strava KOMs an’ all, wassocks! 😉

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

Cameron McNeish; we had just picked our way down through recently felled FC mayhem strewn across the track – and he was enjoying a road bike tour.

Junkyard

Samurai-I bet he does not even remember it

TJ on more than one occasion

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member
    Last year I bumped into Ian Stannard in full sky gear at the bottom of a climb in Essex.

(On a serious note, whereabouts in Essex? I worked as a mechanic in a high-end road shop near Colchester many moons back)

Toots Hill, after the Toots Hill bumps past the pub (the Green Man?), he was going South in the direction of Epping, I was doing a N London/Chelmsford loop.

Toots Hill, after the Toots Hill bumps past the pub…

Ah, don’t know that part of the world too well.

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

I love the idea that at least one tour rider is logging on STRAVA

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Who have you met out riding?’ is closed to new replies.