Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Who has NOT ridden this year yet ?
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Ridden every day so far apart from yesterday. Had a couple of dodgy low sugar episodes on Friday evening so wasn't feeling up to it. Still not very fit though 🙁

Hairychested
    Free Member

Not yet, too drunk last weekend, too busy this one. Instead, whilst at work I've been trying a unicycle quite a lot.

Euro
    Free Member

Sort of…

Spent a few hours building a jump and pushed the bike to the top of the hill to test it out. Chain snapped on the first turn of the crank and I had to roll it. Doesn't really count as a ride does it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allyharp

How's that ? Apart from lots of crunching sounds…

If your ice was crunching then it definitely wasn't as frozen as my ice!

To be fair it would be ridable but so much care and attention is needed just to stay on 2 wheels that it wasn't any fun. It was frozen snow so it wasn't just patches – it was everywhere that was frozen. It was bad at the well-walked paths as the snow had been very compacted and then froze very smoothly. I imagine that once you got to the lesser used parts the snow would at least have been lumpy before freezing so more grip would be available – but to get there I had to travel across a few miles of the aforementioned!

In London now where there's no ice and it's easily shorts weather. Just got to get a bike down here!

aracer
    Free Member

Hand up. Have been on the turbo once. Mind you I have managed to go XC skiing 9 times (was ill for 2 days in the middle, otherwise would have managed 11 days in a row), so that's not too bad at this point as far as exercise is concerned at least!

Taff
    Free Member

Got out for the first time today. Was gutted I couldn't (read wasn't allowed) go out during the snow but luckily I found a load today some of which was still pretty deep. Lovely stuff

Spongebob
    Free Member

Mary Hinge – Member

Had an operation on 4 Jan, so riding for me, and probably none 'til April.

Get well soon!

I went out in the mud today. Good exercise towing the imaginary sack of bricks (as a result of mud plugging).

Strangely, there were hardly any other MTBers out today.

smogmonster

Have ridden twice since…..August!! a combo of young kids, working on oilrigs, crap weather and work courses has rendered my bike consigned to the naughty corner in the garage. Gonna get back on at end of month, which might be rather painful.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i havent ridden this year.

1. i have no bearings for my nomad STILL!!!
    2. The frame builder had my forks and wheels.
    3. i did build a bike with a ski on the front and rode that on some snow days!!

Ti29er
    Free Member

The weather has been so absolutely fantastic I have only missed 5 days riding since 25th December.
    Now it's wet and muddy which is a shame and to top it all, I made some pathetic excuses to myself last night at 8pm not to ride and stay in & watch the Bond movie. Again. I am too weak.
    Had an evening's turbo but it's just not a good substitute.

Personally, I've found in the past 2-3 years that time spent training now in Jan & Feb is so worthwhile and really sets you up for the early part of the summer & the promise of good weather in say March and then into the rest of the summer. Being ready for a weekend away blitzing a Welsh trail centre before the great unwashed are fit enough is a great bonus to early-year training.

It's also important to get out on 2+ (?) night rides a week as like it or not, that's a mind over matter issue and if the darkness and the cold & wet win out, then you know as well as I do, it a not quite the simple matter as it appears here in type – moreover it's exposing a weakness that really should be banished to Room 101. Flinching in the face of a little adverse weather is not something that mountain bikers are known for, quite the opposite, it's for us to be out in the fresh air, riding the trails, byways and woods with no regard for the wind & rain or dark evenings. This is what we do.

There: pep talk complete!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Couple of hours on the road bike yesterday. Rode to work the other week because the van hand brake was frozen on. Does new years eve count?

Can't blame the snow, we didn't have any in this little part of England.

MikeG

I've not been out on a bike for over two years, a combination of having two children under three, a knackered knee which took the docs 6 months to take seriously and needed an arthroscopy to sort and spending most of last year and all of this year so far on steroids due to my ulcerative colitis flaring up.
    Hoping this year will be better

willodabeast
    Free Member

Havn't ridden since July, Stupid shoulder!

ChrisS
    Free Member

Only been out on the mountain bike once so far and that was crap, so much slush and mud around it's a slog going down hill let alone up. Just doesn't seem like fun at the moment.

Still commuting on the bike every day though – even in the snow, so it's not all bad 😀

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I haven't been out since October. I knew November and early December would be out because of work but the plan was to do a fair bit in the Xmas holidays. Then it snowed. I was going out this weekend but I fell over on the ice on Friday morning. Classic old lady tumble and my shoulder hurts like a b*tch. Mightr be another couple of weeks yet. 🙁

BoardinBob

First ride in about 6 weeks yesterday. Absolutely dying and 42a high rollers didn't help either. Like cycling through treacle.

First commute in about 6 weeks this morning. That was a struggle too!

KT1973
    Free Member

Been working overseas since Dec 27th so, nothing this year either, but home tomorrow, new bike build on Wed and then out and about hopefully

Matta
    Free Member

BoardinBob I feel your pain!! I ran those tyres in Spain and forgot to change them when I Got back. 🙁

genesis
    Free Member

Not yet! Hope to be out on Thurs.

clunker

S@it I thought I had it bad only being able to get out on my bike 2/3 times a week, I have three children all under 5 (one at 11 weeks) and a very busy work schedule. Get some lights and get out in an evening! 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have not ridden off road yet this year, not bothered, it looked a waste of time, if a little fun.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not ridden since 23rd December here. Combination of snow-become-ice, then a bloody cold i can't shift that has turned into a chest infection means no energy to ride. Just bought a new road/commuter bike as well 🙁

*Actually, went out on the new bike last monday, only did 10 miles – does tht count?

toby1

2 trips out on the road bike, the mtb is still pending, given the waterlogging locally at the moment it might just stay out of service for a bit longer.

Jenga
    Free Member

Not been out yet. God awful weather is the excuse. Been tramping over the hills with ice axe & crampons instead. Planning on riding tomorrow.

dyna-ti

Me
    bike is still in its transitional stage.
    Again
    Maybe this summer i can get out,though im committed to a RB meet at the end of march,so id better be ready then.

keefus
    Free Member

Havent been out on the bike but i did make up for it by walking the 4 miles to work each day.

zokes
    Free Member

Me too 🙁

Snow / Ice, ill, moved house and jobs, now ill again. I want to get out there, but with a head full of snot, that's a little difficult…

Bimbler
    Free Member

Hadn't been out since late November until yesterday. Despite the weather a depressing experience fitness wise, thought of binning it all

nicko74

Not once – haven't had the bike out since I got back from Murcia at the start of November. To be honest, the weather is pissing awful, the traffic (I live in central London) seems to get worse every month, and the usual mtb places are absolutely sodden. I know that once I get out there I'll love it again and get back into the groove, but I just can't drag myself out.

bintangman
    Free Member

me neither. Went for a 'walk' round Cwmcarn yesterday, thinking it would have thawed out. Ok, some of the descents were good, but spent twice the time walking than I did riding. So bloody unfit that I really didn't enjoy it.

[just realised I had a great ride new Years Day. Feels ages ago. Ti29er – good work on the pep talk!]

DezB
    Free Member

My sympathies chaps.
    Don't know how you can do it though (or not do it, if you see what I mean). I find any little excuse to get out on one of my bikes even if it's taking my son along the seafront (like yesterday).
    Not riding is bad for my mind.

gearsrgood

Not yet! Combo of bikes stolen, weather and arrival of our baby girl

StuF

Not yet (a few times on the turbo doesn't count).

Also currently training (or trying to) for a 16 mile run in March and realising that I haven't done nearly enough yet.

Hopefully soon (time permitting)

organic355
    Free Member

twice, kind of.

went back to work on the 5th, commuted to and from work that day (in the snow). Must have got a chill as I was then off work for the rest of the week with a stomach bug.

Cycled once last week, got a puncture and had to walk half of the way home (in road shoes). Only just got round to getting a tube and new tyre today. Hopefully be back on the bike tomorrow. Although 1st circuits class tonight after 6 months so probably wont be able to walk!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Rode twice last year – one road ride to work (8 mile round trip) and then straight into a big trail centre ride in Wales (forget which, but it was about 25 miles and damn near killed me but still a laugh).

Not ridden this year yet. But I have walked lots (with my babies and when the snow was too bad to drive to work)

As with others, my babies keep me too busy to get out but I am hoping to ride/run as soon as the weather gets mildly better and I can face it.

Andituk
    Free Member

So pleased its not just me.

Rode on snow before christmas, and while it was fun at first, the novelty soon wore off, and I've had no desire to do it since.

Looking forward to some filth riding now its thawing though 😀

takisawa2

Had a few rides around the town, skidding in the snow etc, just for a laugh. Have yet to muddy the wheels of the new SS though, but took the Ventana out just after New Year. Made the somewhat odd decision to drag the cross trainer into the house for a 30 min blast the other night. Nearly killed me.

Neverfastenuff…planning a ride tomorrow night if your up for it.
    The usual Whitehouse steady pootle type affair. (No dogging/cottaging mate…& no air ambulances this time either). 🙂
    Can lend you a DX P7 if you fancy it…

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I've been too busy moving. 🙁

swavis

Haven't been out at all this year. The trails are still covered in ice and snow. Winter time is snowboarding time. 😀
    Can't wait for the 'Gorm to re-open.

metalheart
    Free Member

Not ridden neither. The weather up here has been pretty foul.

I suppose I could have gone out yesterday but you just know that you are going to come across ice and fall off somewhere. I mean its bad enough just getting to the car! Coming down with the manflu doesn't help neither.

Whats worse is that I've been fettling (and buying stuff) so could d with getting out to justify it all.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Who has NOT ridden this year yet ?’ is closed to new replies.