Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Who has NOT ridden this year yet ?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have not been out at all… I've no shame, 😳

Harry_the_Spider

Me too.

fluided
    Free Member

I haven't been out and it's driving me mad, bloody work

grumm
    Free Member

Me.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Why not?

soops
    Free Member

Only been on the turbo!

rOcKeTdOg

3 times!, that's 3 times more than this time last year, inc not riding at all in the snow

2010 is the year of riding for me (fingers crossed)

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Guilty

meehaja
    Free Member

me. But i have been at work/ill. Mind you, I only rode a mountain bike once last year due to stupid thumb injury. This year will be better.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

2 Saturday rides, 2 night rides so far 🙂

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Had an operation on 4 Jan, so riding for me, and probably none 'til April.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Young Dave riley

Why not

Its been a combination of the god awful weather and today of all days commitments…
    I have initiated rides with mates but called them off due to severe road conditions and being told that riding the Chase was quite a challenge as even the fire roads were sheets of ice… Commitment next w/end also is going to hamper ride time – aiming to restart the week after (crosses fingers)

the-muffin-man

Guilty as well

*puts hand up*

And for a good few weeks at the end of last year.

Work, weather, illness, fitness and now setting up new business have all contributed, but I should be out this Thursday.

john_drummer
    Free Member

me.

last time I rode in snow/ice one of my mates ended up spending Xmas in hospital with a compound fracture of his left tib & fib, so I've been avoiding it.

and one of our ride nights clashes with my band practice sessions

KonaTC

Managed to crack my frame in Nov and the replacement will not be ready until end of Jan at the earliest, so no riding for me yet 😥

MrNutt
    Free Member

shuffles to the back of the class.

GJP
    Free Member

Me too – barely ridden since October due to illness

tony_m
    Free Member

*raises hand*

Combination of being away since before Christmas and not taking a bike with me, to general overall wussiness now I'm back. 😳

Matta
    Free Member

Once 😳 but I have been on antibiotics.

brakes
    Free Member

ridden to work, but that doesn't count
    I'm on antibiotics too, with a septic ankle

racing_ralph
    Free Member

ME 🙁

jimmy

guilty. but have been ice climbing twice which is air compensation to my mind.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I rode up and down the street in the snow which was fun. But doesn't really count as a ride.

nonk
    Free Member

eh? dont get this folks.
    why are you on here saying you have not been out when you could just put your kit on and go out for a bit.

lister

1st pedal for me today, a lap of Llys y Fran which was wet but quite entertaining for an hour or so.
    2010 will hopefully see some more rides for me, a bust wrist in May09 put paid to most of my summer. Want to go for my CTC Technical Leader this summer so I've got a aim to help me get out in the rain.

scaredypants

Me !

hoping for 1st ride tomorrow

(might be on the road 😳 )

simonralli2
    Free Member

Went out today for the first time but my bike was missing gears 1 – 5 so i turned back 🙁

I however answer to no one and have no feelings of remorse or need to apologise!

Nezbo
    Free Member

Sorry i am tuching on 200mi on the MTB this year so far 🙂 (mostly in the snow and off road)

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Guilty, m'lud.

No excuses, 'cept for being up all year shagging, boozing and fighting – and clearing snow.

Is that worth a pardon?

[comments of "pardon?" will be punishable by a spell in custody]

Strangelove
    Free Member

Not been out since before Christmas and I am feeling bad about it.
    I will start riding to work this week, honest.

allyharp

I haven't!

Firstly the weather in Glasgow meant that everywhere was covered in ice which wasn't ridable. Then I moved down to London which took a bit of time and preparation, and now that I'm here I don't have a bike!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Me. Not likely to do much before April!

Mantastic
    Free Member

Chicken pox(in lungs so breathing has not been going well) followed by swine flu has prevented me from riding this year, also prevented me from working. First day back tomorrow and night outing planned on Wednesday

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

everywhere was covered in ice which wasn't ridable.

How's that ? Apart from lots of crunching sounds and shuddering from riding on frozen ground, I can't see the difference with riding in subzero 😕

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Bet most of you use mudguards too! 😉

Christowkid
    Free Member

Thank you for this thread – I thought it was just me!
    Got out today for the first time. A quick blast ~ 7miles, normally a hour ten mins, took almost an hour and half. Wheezed all the way round with losts of leaning on bike. Bloody chest infection, but a trip to the doc's on friday i think is sorting it.
    Have had losts of silly illnesses ( tooyh ache/tooth extraction/migraine/chesty cold etc )since the beginning of november and got out once at the end of november and then promptly caught a cold!
    The December period I didn't worry about, as even if i was fit, the village has been encased in ice even befoe the recent snow.
    Twas nice to get out today, and surprised that the reservoir still iced over.
    Roll on a period of rude health and a bit of warmth!
    cheers all
    Q

therealhoops
    Free Member

me

I can only solo night ride coz of small persons demanding my time. Hoping to sneak one in this week 🙂

ianpinder
    Free Member

me, i've just come back from 2 weeks in egypt though, lovely weather out there, 30 degrees.

teagirl
    Free Member

Erm, yes, me. Turbo only and not enough on that, weather, kids, work, under the weather are my excuses. Now next week should be my chance, just need a kick.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Who has NOT ridden this year yet ?’ is closed to new replies.