Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Who has done the Lee Park Velodrome taster?
  • spooky_b329

I’ve got a gift voucher for a taster and flying lap at Lee Park velodrome, planning to invite a few friends but the availability for the flying lap add-on is booked up on the proposed date and for a while afterwards.

How much does the extra 20 minute flying lap add to the experience? I think I can do the 60 minute taster and swap out the 20 minute flying lap for an hour on the BMX or MTB area.

Push the date out a few weeks to get the flying lap or ride a kids bike on the BMX park, what do you think?!

akira

You’ll be knackered after the taster session, takes a bit to get your eye in but once you do you’ll be flying round then you suddenly realise you’re exhausted.

mogrim

I did the taster session a couple of years ago, 60 minutes was enough as it’s pretty knackering. I’d love to have another go, but if it were on the same day I’d do the BMX / MTB thing instead of spending more time on the track. You’ll have a great day whichever option you choose though!

5lab

the bmx bit is alright, if you’ve never done it before. I didn’t find it as fun as the velodrome (just riding up and down some humps with some other folks who’ve barely touched a bike in 10 years). The MTB bit is kinda fun but short, and not much to stop you sneaking in and doing it without a pass..

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, I’m glad I asked now as I was expecting everyone to say go for the flying lap. It says the BMX is an hour but no info about the MTB taster, I will ring them again but is the MTB time limited? I’m not sure if the bike hire is included or extra…I think most of us would be using public transport so the preference would be to hire.

cchris2lou

If you are a regular mtber no point doing the mtb experience.
    It was fun with the kids but that is it.

senorj

Yep, the mtb is fun with a 7 yo.
    I’d go bmx.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I did it in May last year, it was a good taster and I’m glad I had the chance to try. I opted for the BMX afterwards, I enjoyed that more.

kittyr
    Free Member

*The MTB bit is kinda fun but short, and not much to stop you sneaking in and doing it without a pass..*

Its only a fiver to ride the MTB trails, its hardly a nasty profit grabbing enterprise you need to ‘sneak in’ to.

tthew

20 mins for a flying lap?! 😮 It’s a longer track than Manchester. 😁 Proper BMX is brilliant, done the Manchester one a few times, and would definitely do that again!

iainc

A 20 minute flying lap in the velodrome would certainly be the ultimate slow race..

curto80
    Free Member

The flying lap bit is great. You go one at a time (obvs) and are timed using the proper timing equipment and everyone’s time is put up on the big screen. Track cycling is highly addictive by the way…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Who has done the Lee Park Velodrome taster?’ is closed to new replies.