Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who has been to Bermuda?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Where did you stay and what can you recommend? We have the chance to spend three nights there in the second half of November and can’t decide between staying in Hamilton or staying at one of the more remote hotels like Cambridge Beaches.

ski
    Free Member

Did a emergency landing there a few years back while on the way back from Cuba!

Did not let us off the plane, but we did make it back home through the triangles

grizedaleforest

Yes I’ve been. Cambridge Beaches definitely. Naval Dockyard is just up the road and good for half a day. Hire a motorboat from Somerset Bridge and do a loop round Somerset island. Day trip out to St George’s and St Catherine beach.

It’s an expensive island (No income tax just purchase taxes) However public transport is excellent and cheap. You can hire scooters I think but there’s no car hire for tourists. I found bermudans lovely and a pleasure to chat to on the bus etc. It’s a cruise liner destination popular with Americans. Try to find a schedule and time your itinerary to avoid them. Bermuda has some of the loveliest beaches I’ve ever been on, but I’m sure you know that! Enjoy!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’d skip it. Far nice places not too far away.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yes I’ve been. Cambridge Beaches definitely. Naval Dockyard is just up the road and good for half a day. Hire a motorboat from Somerset Bridge and do a loop round Somerset island. Day trip out to St George’s and St Catherine beach.

This is really encouraging thanks for responding.

I’d skip it. Far nice places not too far away.

I’m with you buddy but my wife a) wants somewhere warm and b) wants to use the two first class concession tickets she gets each year through work, so a longish flight is part of the experience for her.

<sigh? #firstworldproblem

jimdubleyou

I quite liked it as a luxury beach destination.

I’m with you buddy but my wife a) wants somewhere warm and b) wants to use the two first class concession tickets she gets each year through work, so a longish flight is part of the experience for her.

Cape Town?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Cape Town?

yeah that was my suggestion but my wife’s been there before and it has very bad memories for her.

sockpuppet

I’ve been, work paid. Would not go on my own expense, lots of other spots better value.

That said, very pleasant place, feels very safe. Hamilton Princess is lovey but $$$

johnx2
    Free Member

do shorts count?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who has been to Bermuda?’ is closed to new replies.