• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • who has a ragley piglet?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

SHow me your pics! what do you think of it?

I currently have a genesis latitude, but i sometimes feel its a bit too xc for me, i mean its got a 50 mm stem and wide bars etc. the piglet looks great as it has a slightly longer top tube, slacker head angle and lower bottom bracket. I dont want an overbuilt bike so im tempted to get one.

Persuade me either way please

alpin
    Free Member

buy the frame and swap the bits over….

although by going what i’ve read i think the piglet is a bit more XC than the blue pig.

iridebikes
    Free Member

yeah, thats what I would do. I used to own a mmm bop, which was a good bike, but very slack and really I think I want a xc bike that feels as close to a bmx as possible but is still good for climbing etc, and descending. Basically i want the moon on a stick.

I love the genesis, i might just stick with it

_tom_
    Free Member

If you want something that feels fun to ride then try out a Trailstar or a Surge.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I have one. Interestingly, I don’t find it xc enough, so will perhaps be just what you’re after. If you want a 20″ frame, mine’s for sale.

mutley

me. 17″ greenie

not really that xc, huuuuuuuuge fun to ride. descends brilliantly but also climbs really well, which was a surprise. 130mm revs, 23″ toptube, 60mm stem and 711mm bars. and its wierdly quiet to ride because of all the cunning little bolt on hose guides

iridebikes
    Free Member

mutley, i just sent you an email…

julianwilson
    Free Member

post above: 😯

yunki
    Free Member

you should see the same guys post on the push-up thread..

he’s an angry fella.. I reckon it’s GW back from the ban under a new name

mutley

is he talking to himself?

razor1548
    Free Member

“he’s an angry fella”

Angry? Angry!

I am f*cking livid!

Have you been out there? It’s full of raging **** idiots! Half of them can’t cross the road without help… the other half wait for someone else to show them how to do it. Then they pay them and leave their email addresses before they go on.

Full of 100% ‘kin lunatics!

willfaz
    Free Member

😯

iridebikes
    Free Member

very appropiate to the original thread razor… 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m interested in a Ragley Pig, mmmBop or Piglet – from the research I’ve done and response from Ragley it’s all about the riding you want to do. The Piglet is optimised for around 120m forks and the Pig/mmmBop for around 140, there is cross over around 130 between the two bikes from what I see.

Personally as I want a bike for trails with drops etc the Pig/mmmBop with 140 or 150 with a lockout are current favourites.

All the owners of the various models who’ve replied say they’ve loved their bikes and they are a lot of fun which after all is the whole point.

mmel
    Free Member

Hello, I’ve got an Ivory Piglet and love it.

I had to replace my Rockhopper frame as the chain stay developed a nasty crack after being pushed a little too hard round the Beast of Brenin. Having being put off Al as a hardtail material due to it’s love for cracking I went for good old fashioned steel.

I’m liking the Piglet’s slack angles a lot with bags of stability when descending. I’ve fitted the Ragley 55mm stem and their 710mm bars. The 17″ frame did feel a little compact for me (I’m 6ft) so I popped a layback seat post on and it’s just the job. It does take a little more effort getting up the hills though, but it could just be me being out of shape this winter!

Mine has a pretty functional setup with nothing too fancy at all. Deore / XT groupset, Tektro brakes and a Reba fork. To be honest I could lose a bit of weight with lighter wheels, I’ve got 521’s at the moment with Specialized’s Captain and Purgatory tires. They are probably the reason I doesn’t climb so well but they’re bomb proof which helps when taking drops and jumps…. badly!

If you need any more info let me know. 😀

sturider

IMG_0141 by Yorkshirebiking, on Flickr
    Out the box 18″ Piglet X9.
    Great bike. 27.1lbs without pedals out of the box. Wide bars, short stem. Good kit and wheels with sealed bearings 🙂

fishcake
    Free Member

My Piglet with 762mm wide bars Thomson stem and post
    Very nice to ride, I love it.
    (iphone photos)

Fishcake

Jamesy
    Free Member

Like the blue color and the ivory. shame they have stopped the ivory. can you have the x9 in the blue or is it only for the x7 ?

geologist
    Free Member

Test rode a Piglet and a Blue Pig MK2, Only went for the blue pig, because I got a good deal on it. I am a bit stupid, and didnt really notice any difference between the ride of the 2 bikes.

I ride the Blue Pig all over, XC, DH, you name it. I havent ridden my Genius since Ive had the Pig. Defo recommend A Pig/Piglet.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

Now stripped and turned into a 22″ Kona. Really nice frame, but a touch too small for me at 6’6″.

jason23
    Free Member

Just got a 20″ Piglet 3 wks ago.
    It’s Beautiful at descending and more fun than my full sus.

Climbing is another bag altogether.

It’s an absolute dog!

On steep climbs it wants to wheelie and although you can lean further forward this gets tedious on long XC days!

However with dashboard tweaking and some lightening in other areas it could well perfect!

a 110mm stem and the seat a nudge back will make an incredible difference I think.

Convinced the frame is magic. Bike just needs personal tweaking.

I appreciate its designed as a fun bike so as far as design goes I think Ragley are top notch.

Also, the Ragley’s own parts are by far the best quality “own parts” I’ve seen on any bike. Just a shame their sizing doesn’t suit me!

mutley

the front on my 17″ only lifts on very steep chilterns stuff, with a 70mm stem, saddle set in the middle and 711mm bars.

stick at it, you’ll know when you get it right. they climb like crazy once you get it set up right 😀

rob2
    Free Member

If you want something fun or Bmx-like try a dialled Prince Albert. Flipping brilliant frames.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘who has a ragley piglet?’ is closed to new replies.