Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Who has a 62" Cross Check and how big are you?
  • slowboydickie

Can’t work out if I’m a 60 or 62. I’m 6’4″ with a 940mm standing in-seem and I’m looking for a nice up-right ride. Only 10mm on top tube difference but you get a 20mm extra on the head tube but a whopping 866 stand over.

Any one got the larger size?

Cheers
    Rich

russianbob
    Free Member

6’3″ here and a 60cm CdF. Defo not upright though.

ton

6ft 4” on a 62cm LHT

STATO
    Free Member

6ft 4″ (and also called Rich) on a 60cm, uncut steerer for the most part so fair few spacers to get bars level with saddle for cyclocross. Typically run a 130mm stem to stretch me out a little too so could prob have gone for 62 but this was s/h and as you say, it makes little difference.

FYI, dont forget surly seat-tube measurements are BB to top-of-top-tube, not top of seat tube. If you actually measure my ’60cm’ the seat tube is 63cm. That may be something to consider if you buy s/h or if you dont have your seat too high.

ton

if you are near leeds, come a take mine for a spin.

Bez

6’5″, had a 60cm Cross Check which suited me fine. Used a 12cm stem but would probably use a 13cm now. (FWIW I also had a 62cm LHT, now have a 62cm Pacer, and am toying with buying a 60cm Straggler…)

The Cross Check isn’t exactly an “upright ride”. Have you considered the LHT? In the large sizes the geometry is very similar except for a significantly higher front end and longer chainstays (though won’t run SS without a tensioner, if that’s what was drawing you to the CC). Salsa Vaya might be up your street, too.

STATO
    Free Member

The Cross Check isn’t exactly an “upright ride”. Have you considered the LHT? In the large sizes the geometry is very similar except for a significantly higher front end

I actually have both in 60cm. The LHT headtube is longer yes but the fork steerer length is the same (when uncut). Both bike run stems at the top of the steerer for the same bar height and reach.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

6.3 here and ride a 62cm CC, 60cm has too short a HT 😀

bikeneil
    Free Member

62″ frame? Jeeezuss…

slowboydickie

Yep, wanted single speed. Ton, where in Leeds are you? I’m at my folks in Huddersfield this weekend.

ton

rothwell mate, just off the motorway.

horsee1
    Free Member

I’m 6’3 or 4 on a 62 with a little stem. Would buy the same size again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Who has a 62" Cross Check and how big are you?’ is closed to new replies.