• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by stox.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Who for ‘multi-dog’ pet insurance?
  • dirkpitt74

So now that we’ve got 2 dogs I need to sort insurance for the new one.
    Currently using the KC free 4 week insurance for the Dachshund puppy whilst I look for something else.

Our 3 yo Cavapoo is covered via MoreThan at the moment – looks like I can add a pet to that.

Who’s the go-to for multiple dog insurance?

jimw
    Free Member

Currently involved with Bought By Many trying to get them to stop bombarding me with marketing after mistakenly getting a quote from them so I wouldn’t recommend them at all. They maintain that there is an unsubscribe option, I point out there isn’t. They say delete your account with them, I say I didn’t make one, they say contact the third party marketing group they passed my details to ( don’t remember giving my permission for that) etc etc

Sorry, rant over.

Sandwich

Currently involved with Bought By Many trying to get them to stop bombarding

We bought from them and it has been quiet on that front ever since. Agria on the other hand have been as you described. Direct Line were a pain when it came to buying prescription drugs from the internet as each claim had the dance of; where is the vet authorisation? That was for the prescription that you settled. This is for drugs that we bought direct. Every bloody month.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

We’ve been with Animal Friends for a few years now for both our dogs (and our horses previously) and they’ve been great – were brilliant when our older boy was ill and PTS in the summer, and our vets say they’re great to deal with direct as well.

intheborders
    Free Member

Self-insure?

Never had animal insurance in +20 years of having dogs & horses – reckon we’re 10’s thousands up.

fettlin

Animal Friends for our two. One older Whippet and a young Saluki X, pretty competitive on price for the two when we took it out. Couple of small claims and not had any issues.

Sandwich

Self-insure?

Never had animal insurance in +20 years of having dogs & horses – reckon we’re 10’s thousands up.

Self insurance works if you can guarantee 4 or 5 years of premium savings before the pet gets ill. Our last dog was with us 3 years before he was let go. We racked up thousands of vets fees in the last 16 months of his life.

stox
    Free Member

We’d be >20k down without insurance … And counting !!

dovebiker

I’ve got £10k in Premium Bonds thanks to not paying insurance – monthly premiums for dogs now what we used to pay a year 15 years ago

phil5556

My Bought By Many has just renewed at £40/month for our 8 year old Cocker who has only ever neede 1 trip to the vets at about £120.

I meant to find someone else before it renewed, I think I’m still in the 14 day cooling off period though so trying to find a cheaper insurer.

Anyone used Purely Pets? They’re coming up cheapest at the moment.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Why not just get a healthy pup? If the dad can get collared, he’s not sharp enough out of the blocks!

flicker
    Free Member

My Bought By Many has just renewed at £40/month for our 8 year old Cocker who has only ever neede 1 trip to the vets at about £120.

I meant to find someone else before it renewed, I think I’m still in the 14 day cooling off period though so trying to find a cheaper insurer.

Anyone used Purely Pets? They’re coming up cheapest at the moment

I wish ours was that cheap, £93pm for our 10yr old staffy. Tried a quote from bought by many, £100pm for the top level of cover 🙁

intheborders
    Free Member

We’d be >20k down without insurance … And counting !!

That assumes you’d have spent +£20k of your own cash – would you really have?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Tesco

Has paid out without quibble every time we’ve needed it, which we have, over the past few years.

stox
    Free Member

That assumes you’d have spent +£20k of your own cash – would you really have?

Yes.

First lab had 2x ops at 3 year old. Well over 10k. Documented on posts here. Still doing ok and we claim several hundreds of £’s of medication each month for her.

Second lab bust a disc in her neck last Xmas aged 8. 7k all in just to sort that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Who for ‘multi-dog’ pet insurance?’ is closed to new replies.