Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who fancies doing a fast Nurburgring lap on a Honda Africa Twin, then?
  • CountZero

Anyone? Not sure I’d fancy doing it in a car, let alone on an adventure bike, on a damp day!
    https://jalopnik.com/brave-rider-tackles-the-nurburgring-on-a-honda-africa-t-1834856767

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Brass.

simonloco
    Free Member

Glad he had the megane before the end of the lap

mrmoofo

Good man ….

martymac

Pretty good going tbh, I doubt honda had that in mind when they designed that bike eh.

Edukator
    Free Member

Glad he had the megane before the end of the lap

The clio/megane driver politely let the bike pass when held up in traffic, up to getting stuck in traffic the boring French hatch was pulling away from the bike. Perhaps he slowed down to change radio station or light a fag. Just like the périphérique then. 🙂

And I’ll take a Zoé rather than either of them, the Goldman medley on the radio.

couchy
    Free Member

Took mine on a couple of trackdays they are quite good tbh

GJW_4081

hot_fiat

Been passenger in a car (s1 Elise with VW 2.0tsi lump) doing 8:30 laps. At that speed you’re passing the privateers in very fast stuff like GT3s, Skylines and just keeping up with the bikes. Stunning effort by the rider. That place scares the £&@? out of me. No way would I take my bike on it.

epicyclo

Enjoyed watching that.

Been a few years since I punted a bike around like that. Looked like the front wheel was waving around a bit. 🙂

CountZero

And I’ll take a Zoé rather than either of them, the Goldman medley on the radio.

And I reckon I could take a Zoé in a Smart fourtwo.
    I doubt very much that the Renault was a bog-standard model, more likely a Cup version.

mildred

That rider knows the ring well – doesn’t miss a single apex & doesn’t chase the car – simply rides their own ride. Fast.

downshep

Knobbly tyres as well = Baws like saddlebags.

Edukator
    Free Member

No chance, countzero. Driving/riding round the Nurburgring with any other vehicle on it is a really dumb thing to do. I’m not interested unless I can have the place to myself just after they’ve cleaned up all the dropped oil from those messy ICE vehicles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who fancies doing a fast Nurburgring lap on a Honda Africa Twin, then?’ is closed to new replies.