Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Who fancies a 'Hora's next bike' sweepstake?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

WANT

hora
    Free Member

Stumpy evo with fox36’s – mental

lowey

Mark.. took me 3 months to click with my Turner… Love it now. utterly brilliant bike. Stick with it.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Nuts, the 4X is taken, I’m not playing…

Goes off to think of a neiche bike that will likely be available cheap in about 6 months…

I know, an Alfine fat bike in steel 😉

abennell
    Free Member

Gonna go for a specialized 29er

hora
    Free Member

Done the Blur4x now. Same as the Cham before it. I’m not niche, only boutique or mildly-quirky so no 29’er or Alfine.

If I could afford:

Blur Trc

ajr
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

steel4real
    Free Member

It’s going to be an…….wait for it………ORANGE 5 !

He witnessed how it could easily out climb the Turner piloted by a man barely recovered from reconstructive ankle surgery. No fandangle angle adjusting headets, no need for forks of FR/DH proportions, just simple point and go sweetness !

In fact so tempted will he be by the fact that he knows I’ll be selling ‘my’ frame over the next 6 months the irony of buying back the very same frame he sold me a couple of years ago will pale compared to the joy of being reunited with the most popular of trail munching machhines. So happy in fact I plan to make him pay more than I did. He was already inspecting it for dents on the recent Peaks Pootle !!

Of course this puts me at an unfair advantage in the sweepstake as the date will be the day I put the add in the classifieds and the bike is already determined.

Actually – he’ll probably get a Cannondale Prophet. Don’t know when.

hsmith
    Free Member

he will get a prophet cos ive got one and he wants to be able to crash as spectacularly as me!!

slowrider
    Free Member

are you sure you didnt stage that crash harry? every time ive seen you crash for real you have gone all pale, cried a bit and wanted somebody to go fetch the car.

thats why me and owen refer to having a crash that proper rattles you as ‘doing a harry’!

Raindog
    Free Member

Haven’t you heard ? bikes are old school, Hora’s next mount is…..

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’d agree with Lowey about the Turner. It took me a couple of months to gel with mine. Now I love it.

binners

I thought Lowey had dispatched his Turner to the great bike graveyard in the sky. God rest its soul

hora
    Free Member

So whats going on with yours binners?

Bunnyhop

are you sure you didnt stage that crash harry? every time ive seen you crash for real you have gone all pale, cried a bit and wanted somebody to go fetch the car.

It was indeed a real crash, however, I (the only lady in the 35 strong group), was a witness and I don’t think Harry wanted to wail like a 6month baby, to appear manly 🙂

RustyMac

I’m going for one of these

binners

That really is lovely, isn’t it?

trailertrash

I might be taking it too seriously but I don’t think this is a very nice thread. It feels a bit bullying to me.

RealMan
    Free Member

I might be taking it too seriously but I don’t think this is a very nice thread. It feels a bit bullying to me.

I thought that too actually, until he joined in a bit.

binners

It isn’t bullying. Hora craves attention like a Big Brother contestant. The Oscar Wilde quote

“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about”

was written specifically with Hora in mind. We are merely stroking his ego. Other parts of him get stroked by strange men he meets in the bushes at night.

Anyway… if you think this is bullying, you should hear the grief he gets when he walk into the pub

derekrides
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    I thought that too actually, until he joined in a bit.

I didn’t think that, I thought they probably ‘know’ each other, but not necessarily in the biblical sense, not like civil partners or anything, just joshing with each other, and or suckering us into a fixed sweepstake with the intention of financing Horas Transition Covert.. 🙂

RustyMac

In the interest of fairness as the convert had already been picked i’ll go for this instead

Trek Remedy

kudos100
    Free Member

Hora has tried to buy my 2011 Enduro frame, so I’m going with this.

slowrider
    Free Member

I suspect thats about right bunnyhop!

Gribs

As the Blur 4x is taken can I just say something with a Horst link or is that to vague?

Sandwich

Air 9 Carbon, single speed and fully rigid!!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

A 2011 Turner 5-spot – they have slacker head angles now…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Insider tip – it’s going to be a 456 with orange Z1’s in a few weeks

rexated
    Free Member

A 2011 Turner 5-spot – they have slacker head angles now…

i think you win the prize, judging by the mtbr turner forum…….

Rickos
    Free Member

But that was by default as a warranty replacement, so does that count? He’s now got the bike he thought he was buying in the first place though, so maybe this one’s a ‘keeper’.

Ha!

nedrapier

Reckon it doesn’t count. If someone had guessed “warranty replacement for one he’s broken” it would have been deemed inadmissable.

I reckon.

Who’s in charge here?

5lab

Insider tip – it’s going to be a 456 with broken orange Z1’s in a few weeks

fixed that for ya 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Haha, possibly, I’m (if he wants them) selling him the forks so can gaurentee they are Spoon proof, and I can usualy break most things!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Reckon it doesn’t count. If someone had guessed “warranty replacement for one he’s broken” it would have been deemed inadmissable.

I plead ignorance of the warranty replacement issue 😐

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I don’t get it anyway – if people tackle steep slopes on an mtb for an adrenaline rush then by having a steeper head angle the rider would get that adrenaline rush a lot more easily or for a larger portion of the ride.

Dango
    Free Member

A Chameleon

Again……….

Gnnr

How did Hora manage to break his 5spot and get a warranty replacement? He only had it for about a minute!

Rickos
    Free Member

Paint was flaking and he was jammy enough to get a new frame rather than just a repaint.

EDIT – Oh no! I sound like a Hora Stalker!

TrentSteel
    Free Member

On One fat bike

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Who fancies a 'Hora's next bike' sweepstake?’ is closed to new replies.