Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • who else opened the curtains this morning and went back to bed ?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Nope, I forced myself out this morning after watching my brother run the 3 yorkshire peaks yesterday and feeling guilty.

Left home at 6:45 against all better judgement for 28 miles of hail and wind, blown off my bike on barden moor but back by 1030 and now yawning in a soft play area with my 4yr old.

Tired but happy 🙂

sparkyrhino

At soddin work .working outside the joys,good job i love my job and im overpaid 😯

dantsw13

And after riding in the rain, now the sun is out, the roads are dry, and everyone wonders what all the fuss was about!! Summer tyres for tuesday then :-))

mogrim

Grey, raining, and unusually muddy, but still went out, and glad I did. Sunny Spain my arse.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Did 17 mls of cheeky trails and footpaths yestday…stayed in bed ’till 10:30 today, blissful…

Nipper99
    Free Member

well, windy point on whites lived up to it name but well worth the effort. not sure why the goodwood section is closed – no forestry works at all (hopped over the barrier as figured noone would be working sunday pm in that weather).

RustySpanner

Bloody hell, that was fun. 😀

Abandoned the Widdop/Gorple loop and headed over to Hollingworth Lake along the canal.
    Up to Piethorne Res, down to Milnrow and back along the canal before coffee, cake & medals.

Lost feeling in fingers and feet after 10 miles.
    Had to pedal downhill to Piethorne.
    Blown uphill from the res to the crossroads, which was nice.
    Ms S had severe sense of humour failure upon nearly falling in canal, which was daft, as it was the funniest thing that happened all day. 😐

One of those ‘character building’ rides that may seem better in retrospect than at the time, but well worth the effort.

DezB
    Free Member

Huh! Back to bed? I wish. I was awake all blimmin night in a tent on the Isle of Wight! Was confident it wouldn’t blow down but it kept dipping down onto me and bouncing back up again. Got up at 6, a bit later on I was just about to start packing the tent and whoosh! it took off right in front of me! then oh yes, to make it all so worthwhile, the rugby tournament we were there for was cancelled.
    😥

unovolo
    Free Member

Spent the afternoon on my friends roof fitting a Satellite dish and cabling, then went on my rollers in the garage for 40mins whilst watching a film on my Ipad, all good.

matt_outandabout

Meh, this was the morning here…sub zero, but stunning… 8)

Lochan Lairig Cheile, Glen Ogle by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

LordOnOne
    Free Member

Waited until the afternoon when it was supposed to be dry. Watched the rain move away, the sun come out and the wind drop down. So I headed out with conditions looking good and was promptly soaked by a shower before I’d even made it a mile down the road. This is starting to grate! (mainly because I’m too cheap to buy proper wet weather gear at the moment)

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Felt like sacking it off but perservered, well worth it despite the winds and rain, no-one around, felt great to be battling winds on the top of a mountain with the added fear of been blow off the thing sideways.
    30Km (felt like 50km with the winds)
    Days spent like these in adverse conditions with old friends make me smile.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘who else opened the curtains this morning and went back to bed ?’ is closed to new replies.