Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • who else opened the curtains this morning and went back to bed ?
  • steve73
    Free Member

Even after spending yesterday evening laying out kit and preparing the bike for a ride this morning so as not to wake the rest of the family – the weather beat me into submission. I bet i am not the only one today !

sefton
    Free Member

yup 25mph winds, moorland and bikes dont go well…oh & rain – sunny tomorrow though!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Glad I rode yesterday, oh well time to wade through the stack of inner tubes that need patching me thinks

mactheknife

Nope, sunny as **** here. Off out now 🙂

sam69
    Free Member

ive been lent a santa cruz chameleon to test ride since tues and ive still not got out on it yet,bloody weather got to be like it next 2wks

weeksy

Never went back to bed… but texted the lads with
    “no way am i going out in this weather”

So the ride was cancelled.

philfive
    Free Member

It’s throwing it down here but the show must go on, van packed ready for a ride around the lakes, this weather is why I have waterproofs 🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sometimes just makes sense to not go out. Turn it into a day of rest, gym turbo and surfing the net 🙂

MarinNo8
    Free Member

*puts hand up from beneath his warm duvet*

philfive
    Free Member

Pawsey if I don’t go out the girlfriend will just find me a crap job to do, I prefer the rain lol

RustySpanner

Neighbours had a very drunken party, complete with police attendance and shouty threats ’till 2am, so no sleep.

Am leading a group of idiots round the moors from Heptonstall at 10.30.
    Bring on the torrential rain and 25mph winds!
    How bad can it actually get? It’s only weather and it is nearly May……. 😀

Digger90
    Free Member

Am still in bed….

steve73
    Free Member

I knew i would not be alone today ! Might go and sort out my spares box and find out the summer tyres . . . . . . .

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Road ride nr Heptonstall yesterday, wind was horrendous so staying in bed today!

racefaceec90

what’s riding a bike 😉 😳 p.s haven’t yet gone to bed (thanks insomnia 🙁

hainman
    Free Member

not a cloud in the sky up in glasgow today so have myself a nice wee xc ride across the kilpatrick hills

hugor
    Free Member

Just finished texting the lads pulling out of our planned ride today.
    I ride for fun and it does not look like fun out there!

cp

I already had a day of ‘rest’ planned…. However, I’ll be building a pair of new road/cx wheels, finishing off making the race mtb 2×9, and ironically converting the winter ss mtb to gears for the ‘summer’.

Not seen it yet, but hearing it against the window!

dannyh
    Free Member

“Once more unto the breach, dear friends”

Well, you can, I’ll be staying indoors today and having an interal dialogue of self-recrimination countered by justification.

Still, it’s too late to go out now – I’ve been nabbed for other duties. I should be able to go swimming with my daughter later, though, so better buck-up and make it a nice family day instead.

RustySpanner

A prediction:

My lot, attempting to spot Stoodley Pike, about lunchtime.

metalheart
    Free Member

Suns out here in NE Scotland. That’s two days on the trot.

Makes a bleeding change that’s for sure.

Bit nippy still though…

Will be heading out in the afternoon. It’ll be a mud bath though, what with all the recent ‘biblical’ rain…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

No ride today for me,Its like a monsoon.
    at least 30mph wind and pouring with rain.

Went out yesterday so not so bad

dadandlad
    Free Member

Arranged a ride for this morning and received text after text all gaying out with man flu etc etc 😀

althepal

No riding here but not long off the nightshift and just walked down to the swingpark and backwith my boy.
    Should have tired him right out so the wife has a chilled day with him!
    Kilpatricks will be great this morning, bit windy I’m guessing but blue skys and bright sun- lovely.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good luck to you if you enjoy riding in this weather, but I don’t. So I don’t.

rOcKeTdOg

“Remember, the hardest part of a ride is from Bed to Shed. Get out and get rained on & blown about – you’ll feel good for the rest of the day”
    @fatladrides

pusher
    Free Member

Woke up to the sound of water dripping somewhere in the house, so a day of DIY ahead…not that I wanted to ride in this.

andycs

Rode 30 mins to and from first aid course yesterday. Ride there was great, but just as I set off home at 2 the rain started and I arrived home looking like I had been rolling around in a swamp. Oh, and the rain stopped as soon as I stepped in the house!! Today looks like a pub day.

carlos
    Free Member

Yup, got soaked on Thurs night and no doubt again tomorrow so decided to give it a miss. I’ll prob clean the bike today and mess about in the garage with stuff. Got a bit of DIY to do and also the off to see Avengers later.

crazy-legs

I wasn’t planning on riding today anyway, had a nice road ride yesterday. Rain actually isn’t bad here but it’s very windy.

Pigface
    Free Member

I was meant to be taking the fatty to Kenfig 🙁 howling wind and lots of rain. Mmmmm what to do now?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It was alright here, just spent the last hour barrowing a builders bag of sub base in to the back garden. Only just started raining.

Yesterday was a lovely day for the 3 Peaks running race too.

Hopefully out on the bike tomorrow when its supposed to be another nice sunny day.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Just got back from doing this. Was planning to do 35 miles in prep for the Dyfi next Sunday but bailed out. In all the years of riding up on the Longmynd, this morning really was one of the most extreme! My advice; don’t be an idiot and stay under those covers!

Dancake
    Free Member

I don’t have the chance to ride at weekends that often but I had planned to go out this afternoon – it doesn’t seem right to stay at home.

That said, it is pretty gash out there…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Optimal conditions for a ride over here, so it makes sense that I have huge amounts of work to catch up with… 👿

shortcut

Yes, no riding for me today. That is grim and the trails are truly sodden!

Sue_W
    Free Member

Got up early to get out before the worst of the weather arrived, but have a stinking cold so bike was rejected in favour of a shuffle along the beach beside a wild sea, in memory of my friend whose funeral I was at yesterday. She was only 34 and died in a car crash last week – time to remind myself that we never know when our lives might be suddenly cut short and to make the most of our time right here and now, regardless of the weather.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shortcut – Not nice round ‘ere is it? 🙁

I was in the West Midlands this week. In the last 6 days including today, I’ve seen 4 days solid rain, and now 3 on the trot, and the other 2 days were showers 🙁

That’s it.

I’ve had enough now, thanks.

Alex

Already been in the loft armed with buckets. Now off to pump the pond out. Can’t get any wetter after walking the dog. Cross Bike then I think, 1 hour of splashing to the local woods, falling off in there then home for tea and medals. How bad can it be? Actually I’ll not answer that question until I get back.

Sandwich

find out the summer tyres

I’ll be putting the rubber queens back on the bike today, the race kings can come off!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘who else opened the curtains this morning and went back to bed ?’ is closed to new replies.