Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Who else is waiting for a passport then??
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Waiting for my little girl’s first passport to arrive, receipt acknowledged by UKPA on the 5th May…

Anyone else applied recently and still waiting, etc?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Yes, new first British passports for us, so takes 5 weeks min. they say. So should be arriving around now/next week . Worst part is they also have our Canadian pp’s and I didn’t remember to take the reference/tracking number down.

Not yet had to pop any Xanax!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Farcical that it takes so long to issue a passport for a 3 year old who’s parents were born here and have full valid passports.

Bricking it right now!

I take it you have travel booked??

underthethumb
    Free Member

About 4 weeks door to door for ours (back in January though)

Anyway as an aside, flying into the US recently, the immigration guy actually questioned my kids more than me and my wife – I soon realized it was purposeful questioning to gleen information that they were travelling with us as a family and not some kids being bought into the country against their will. Subtle but leading questions – reassuring I suppose now I think back, no doubt some would feel their rights were being violated as per STW rules.

So the good people at UKPA do make thorough checks so its not as fast paced as you would like but its like that for a reason

tomhoward

How long does it normally take for a renewal? going away (majorca) in 6 weeks, then at the beginning of august (canada) passport expires in November…

underthethumb
    Free Member

send it this week tomhoward, my 4 weeks was an overseas renewal, within the UK 6 weeks will be fine,

They will validate the new passport to expire 10yrs from the old passport expiration date (if that makes sense) so you don’t need to leave to the last minute

underthethumb
    Free Member

Or for knucklheads like me, I once paid to have the same day service at your local UKPA office – something like GBP150 but done in 3-4 hours

granny_ring

I paid the extra to have it fast tracked at a PO.
    Took around 10 days last March/April.

Jason
    Free Member

My daughters passport arrived this morning, I think it took 4-5 weeks. That was the renewal of an expired passport. Oddly we had a letter last week from the Passport Office asking us to explain why the old passport was damaged, and they couldn’t send a new one until we told them. I am sure it wasn’t damaged when it left us, a long wait on the phone and the lady said just to said a letter back saying it was damaged with juice and that would be fine. Did that on Friday and the passport arrived today.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Waiting for first passport for my daughter. Sent in early may. Supposed to fly end June. Haven’t booked yet…. Should I book and pray it will arrive?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wait til you move house and need to sort your V5 with the dvla!! What a bunch of arse that is!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

7 weeks before they looked at my application last month. Lots of chasing then sorted in 5 days after that. It was overseas but that didn’t change how long it sat in a queue. Just at the airport now so avoided needing emergency travel docs just.

NZCol

We just had our daughters back, new application, took 8 weeks from sending to return. Online status update is a joke, it was processing as the courier delivered it to us in NZ !

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m waiting for my wife to organise her damn passport application.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

This is not inspiring any confidence.

Especially after I got home last night to find a letter from the PO saying that I unfortunately not filled in all the sections.

I’ve looked at the sections and I swear I filled these in ..like name/dob etc!! wtf

anyhow looks like a long wait.

hooli

Mine has been about 3 weeks so far, hoping it isn’t much longer as i have a work trip planned for 2 weeks time!

Pigface
    Free Member

I did a renewal in March, took about 3 days, when it arrived I thought I had failed to fill in the form correctly. Amazed it was so quick, lucky I guess.

toby1

Can you think of any reason why they might end up a bit busier at this time of year? Imagine having to deal with 75% of your business in one quarter of the year!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

toby1 – wasn’t sure if your question was rhetorical.. but summer holidays coming up so gather folk just trying to ensure the house in order.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Understand the reason for the checks and that they are for our benefit, it’s the time it takes the UKPA to do these checks that I don’t understand.

They have mine and my partner’s passport numbers, my daughter’s full birth-cert’ and counter-signatory is a headmaster of the local school and my partner’s uncle.

A morning’s work, at most… 🙁

scotroutes

Same here. Dunn o if it had helped that I took it to the PO for checking/sending.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just be glad you are not a US Citizen trying to renew your passport overseas.. US bureacracy is absurd.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Received today 8)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Who else is waiting for a passport then??’ is closed to new replies.