• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who else has snapped the remote on their reverb?
  • Pook

On perhaps the worst ride my year so far earlier this week I managed to balls up my cassette, chain, jam the rear wheel and end up lugging the bike 2 miles across moorland.

In the midst of all this fun, I have snapped the remote button on my reverb. I’m sure others have done this too so…

How much is the replacement and how easy is the repair?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i have. well it fell off. 43 pounds! madness

davewalsh
    Free Member

Me !
    50 odd quid from TFTuned. Repair is easy if you have the bleed kit.

BTW, don’t be tempted to use it in the meantime by pushing something in through the hole left behind because if you scratch the bore then it’s over £100 for a new remote !

rickmeister

Left hand under bar mounting ftw…

larrythelathe
    Free Member

mine was under the bar!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

See, I want a dropper post but these horror stories put me right off!

torihada
    Free Member

mine was under the bar & I snapped it off with my knee while climbing (first ride on a new build – very small cockpit).

Just for the lever: £41 from ebay seller

Very annoying, but better than going back to the pre-seat dropper days.

jambon
    Free Member

Hmmm, feeling a tad smug about just buying a LEV; I wonder how long that will last…

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Seen it happen previously – a mate crashed in the Alps & had precisely the same thing happen – he had to ride most of the week with a fixed height post.

Couple that with the other thing I’ve seen go wrong with the Reverb (snapped off cable under the saddle when removing from a workstand) are the main reasons why I’m not running this dropper post.

eshershore
    Free Member

snapped the remote (Caught the trigger on my shorts whilst standing) on my Reverb last year whilst riding to train station to catch train for riding. rode home, swapped Reverb for Thomson fixed post. hated that ride as I instantly missed the dropper post on steep descents.

next day, I rang SRAM Tech / Fishers, admitted my fault. They replaced FOC and back with me by end of week.

goatster
    Free Member

Don’t forget that you have the option to drop the post manually using the ‘secret button’ then use it as a normal post to get you home. It’s not perfect but is better than being stuck with the post all the way up.

hora
    Free Member

Ive just bought a sdg saddle/rail post for 27.50. Mugs. Droppers are fun then you always think ‘sticking’/broke?/cable loose etc. It creates hassle. Lazy ****.

davosaurusrex

How come you’re not riding a rigid bike then hora? If you want to benefit from technology then there’s always a cost or compromise

hora
    Free Member

Why? Electronic gears were avsilable years ago too. In 2004 I tried a system out on a Intense. Why not got electronic next? Why not a DRS system? Theres a line. As a dropper isnt fit n forget. Its faff. I will stick to rebound forks and a float shock ta

davosaurusrex

Faff when it goes wrong, awesome the rest of the time for most people who have tried them

Pook

hora, speaking as the person who broke my reverb when I let you have a go on it, I’ll take your comments with a pinch of salt, ta.

Plus, it was me that snapped the remote. Nothing to do with me thinking it was sticking, broke or anything else. And when, on any ride (bar the one where you bust my reverb) have you heard me say anything other than it is awesome? Where on earth do you come up with these opinions, because it’s certainly not through personal experience or by witnessing it first hand.

Ta.

torihada
    Free Member

Anti-dropper post fundamentalists amuse me: I first started using a dropper in 2007 (imported gravity dropper from the USA). The grief I used to get from the rest of my group was crazy, I didn’t care as I enjoyed the advantage. But lo and be-hold they have all subsequently fitted droppers. We have a new member and after a recent ride he went and bought a dropper; our group no longer stops to adjust saddle height and he was constantly caught out.

hora
    Free Member

Pook I owned two. One the hideous hexagonal shaped thing and the othe a i900 that stuck occassionally. So?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who else has snapped the remote on their reverb?’ is closed to new replies.