• This topic has 90 replies, 86 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Who else had a good ride today?
  • scunny
    Free Member

Cut Gate on a rigid bike. My arms hate me now. I nearly died towards the end as well, need to spend a bit more time in the gym!

CheesybeanZ

had a cracking ride on the Malverns today , plenty of single track up and down 😀

beanieripper
    Free Member

Did the bumpiest slowest rolling 40 miler up to watership down today…

simonk
    Free Member

Great ride in Cann Woods, Plymouth today, putting the water away like a fish

Weston Under Wetherley trailquest today (did I mention I ride trailquests ?)
    64.9km in 3:09. Looks like I was 3rd overall.
    My route.
    http://www.aecmilitant.co.uk/mapping/osmap.php?f=03_07_2011%2009_40_07_history.gpx

ahsat

Short road ride yesterday and first proper mtb ride today after injury. Rode Blanchland-Edmunbyers figure of 8 to put together all the best bits of singletrack I have ridden for 8+ months! Dry, fast, sunny, awesome Nicolai (first time it has been given a proper work out). Legs weak but longest ride so far in 2011! Much smiling and whooping – even if it was just to myself!

Blanchland-Edmunbyers fig of 8 by ahsatb, on Flickr

Junkyard
    Free Member

lovely dads day ride out. Flat off road to the pond. Bit of pond dipping with the kids. Then to the park and back home again – all off road and a bit of cheeky thrown in 😉 One of those special days when being a dad just rocks.
    Oh yes 6.3 miles in 4.5 hours GET IN.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Me – thoroughly enjoyed my day out doing the Orton loop from Tebay services

Northwind

Feeling a bit tired after yesterday so never really got into the groove today at innerleithen but still a good day out. Bit too warm for my taste…

rickmeister

Top weekend, widowed to Ms Rickmeister attending Air Maiden at Gt. 2 Blacks,, 2 reds and some odds and bits. Great weekend all up. Met some STW folk, 3 nice collie dogs and had a bit of craik with other folk too. Air Maiden was superb too. Top Job you organisers ….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Me n mrs tr did aboyne out the fungle and back along the firmounth . Ace fast decent back to ess bridge on the firmounth rocky as **** . Climb up to it was a test on 32:18 . Got a beater tan on my upper arms thanks to my under armour vest

bullheart
    Free Member

Leith Hill with cousin Paul from Team Bullheart. Weather was great, company was great, new bike was great.

Garry_Lager

Like MTGraham, I too am O.G. enough to enter trailquests. Did the Yarrowford one today at the back of Innerleithen. Would have been the nicest day of the year for a normal ride – absolutely glorious on the hills. Bit too hot for an event though, was riding like an invalid on the Southern upland way towards the end. Pure buckled with the heat. Minch moor road descent to finish with nothing to spare was good.

mtbfix

A couple of hours round the rapidly drying Chilterns for us. Cleared a load of wood from a fallen tree blocking a cheeky trail so feel like we’ve earned access to that bit of the woods

Ambrose

I introduced a friend to the Quantocks today. everything up there is fast, loose and dusty. Managed 20km, 600m of climbing and a couple of lunchtime pints in The Plough to wash down the food. All in all, a great day 🙂

frogstomp

Early start and 28 miles around the hills of Winchester before it got hot.. great start to the day!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Took the lad to cannock and did 10 miles off piste- very enjoyable morning.

AJames
    Free Member

Just back from Gunnerside Gill, done it a few times over the years but today did the MBR version, hadn’t done it that way round before. Big old climbs and plenty of em, saw no one else on bike, only a few bimblers. Top day, now knacked!

MoreCashThanDash

Me! Got out early, followed my nose up some hills towards Carsington, lovely whisky fruit cake at Armstrongs Mill cafe, home by 11.30 feeling happy and smug

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Me! Went proper boing and it was rather unexpected! 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah three rides this weekend totalling about 6 hours in all. Fast and grippy and sunny. Just loving riding my HT at the moment.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

showed a friend today there is more to bristol than ashton court for mountain biking.local knowledge is the key! great weather and fantastic dry dusty trails ace!

jedi

i been out riding since 10am and just got back . riding, beers and curry = radness

trailmonkey

awesome, hot day in the east dart and dart valleys. completely banjaxed now but determined to go out again tomorrow and exploit the weather before it goes wrong on tuesday.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Doing the double – road ride this morning, mountain biking this evening, with a siesta in the middle and a beer at the end!

Just loving this weather 🙂

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Great road ride yesterday and a cheeky road ride this evening. Lovely.

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Settle loop yesterday and 85 road miles today followed by a barbieq – best weekend of the year to date.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Went out on Saturday evening to have a play on some of the lesser known Mabie tracks. Got lost on a very overgrown track and ended up walking-in on a BBQ in the forest. All was well once I was offered beer and some very good sausages. Might have to get lost more often…

BadlyWiredDog

Gently roasting Peak road ride today, big respect to the mature couple on tourers soldiering up the Barber Booth climb to Mam Nick – brilliant 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

went out in bristol for 5hrs was a superb day not a cloud in the sky for most of lovley and dry then followed up by beans and chips at the hut was all goooood.

_tom_
    Free Member

No riding for me today, too hung over 🙁 Did spend a few hours fettling though, trying to get my shock set up better for me.

rudedog
    Free Member

Cracking day out – 24 mile loop in the southern Rhins of Galloway. Nice sea breeze on the outward leg so never felt too warm. The big hill in the distance is Cairnsmore of Fleet which Kirroughtree runs up alongside.

cragrat73
    Free Member

crc marathon at marshbrook, good course and good weather, lovely tan lines. bad …. 6 hours of back pain hell to finish the full marathon, still at least i’ve still fight in me to want to finish.
    now watching the motogp with a beer…all good again.

stevenc
    Free Member

Did about 16km. Came off after about 3. Busted up the knee and elbow. Started to get very stiff near the end. But I’ll be out again tomorrow evening blazing up the trails. Can’t let this good weather do to waste!

angryratio
    Free Member

Out with the chaps for a local loop then stop for a could of pints of SA gold.
    Just the ticket.

ononeorange

Mrs Ononeorange and I did the Marshbrook CRC too – and had a throughly good time. Weather couldn’t have been better, she rode brilliantly and the course was perfection. And the best bit – she wants to go back! Result!

messiah
    Free Member

Captainmainwaring up rather high.

timnwild

Did my standard loop around Chanctonbury ring – but finally tried the big jump I’ve been too scared to go over and nailed it, twice. And someone saw me do the second one, which shouldn’t make any difference, but we all know it does.

sambob
    Free Member

Don’t worry timnwild, a witness is incredibly important. I did a 2 minute trackstand the other day but because i have the balance of a new-born giraffe no one would have beleived me. But i had a witness, so all is good.

nickf
    Free Member

Out for a couple of hours on the singlespeed with my brother-in-law. Running 33:16 in the Chilterns is flipping hard work; I couldn’t make it to the top of Ivinghoe Beacon, and my legs are, er, knackered as a result.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Who else had a good ride today?’ is closed to new replies.