Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Who else had a day off and ride in the sunshine?
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

great video coast kid

charliedontsurf

I wish…. Flat out building moonlanders and fargos for you lucky b@stards… When the weather is crap I have thumb twiddling time… Nice weather and I am stuck in the shop… I really must not complain.. BUT

hugor
    Free Member

c-b thanks for the offer just sent you a pm.
    Now I’m taking the afternoon off to enjoy the Black Mountains!!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I did last wednesday

P3140006 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Out for an epic evenign ride tonight on the dry moors 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

A cheeky skive yesterday afternoon, for a dozen miles or so in Wyre and met a “colleague” for a quick ride round some new bits ( to us) off piste at Cannock Chase earlier today. Lovely sunshine and tan line requiring long sleeves for when I’m back at the office on friday.
    Looks like many of you have had some really nice rides in the sun this week. Good on yer !

meehaja
    Free Member

first ride since I dislocated my shoulder, ok so it was on the road bike, but still, a lovely circuit around leeds and otley, smeared in factor 50 and feeling great!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not a full day off as I’ve got a 15000 words dissertation to write in the next week and a half, but I nipped out for an hour or so today and yesterday. Beautiful days, great rides and refocused the mind for more writing.

aftershock
    Free Member

You lucky ba*tards, I have been led up with a chest infection since Saturday that does not want to leave, absolutely gutted I can’t get out and ride 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

As an international man of mystery (currently unwaged) I am lucky enough to choose when I ride! Mabie was fast and dusty today

IMG_3835 by simon ralli, on Flickr

yunki
    Free Member

as a full time parent I rarely get a minute off.. let alone a day off.. I managed to round everyone up for a jolly to the park though.. 8)

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

YYYEEESSS!!! 🙂

Took a day off work and spent 6 hours in the saddle. Settle -> Kirkby Stephen via a range of the best Yorkshire Dales tracks 🙂

Hope others can make the most of the good weather…

andeh

Rode Castleton and Ladybower on Friday also, Blue BFe with stupid bars. Got to the top of Mam Tor for about 11, couldn’t see a thing! Fog and children everywhere, very strange.

Did the same loop again today, clear from Mam Tor! Got a bit wild on the way down though, nearly nailed myself on a sandy corner into a rock garden. Pretty sure I got mild heat stroke as I felt dead funny on the train home. Managed to bag a couple of KOMs on Strava too, still a second or 2 off the shorter Beast segment mind. Loads of walkers and a few bikes out.

hugor
    Free Member

Took the arvo off and had a play in the Black Mountains in Wales.
    Unfortunately I’m starting to struggle with recovery and sore legs after riding for 6 days straight now..
    This fine weather better ease up for a day or 2!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hello, well I kicked it today, I did the SDW from Arundel to The Millburrys (near Winchester. Now I know the convention is to do it the other way but hey, oh and one more thing.. I did it on my winter hack Roadie… I know..! I didn’t change a thing, slicks (well GP4’s) and the same gearing. It was a little hard at times with the gravel and scree but all in all it was just hard pack chalk and singletrack.. The sun shone all day, I’m sunburnt and in need of a pint.Photo of “daisy” later when I’ve sorted the upload to Picassa out..

rOcKeTdOg

eighth ride in eight days today, what a week to have off, even got one of those silly cyclist tans

the just because ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

penguinni

Its the start of something good….

winrya
    Free Member

I’ve been lucky enough to have the week off. The other halfs birthday so couldn’t spend the whole week biking.

However, done the longmynd loop, new hopton woods route and the downhill tracks, the beast of Brenin which I haven’t done for over a year which was spectacular yesterday in the sun and a visit to cannock chase which due to the weather was actually quite fun.

Bike performed a treat, not sure there is a better way to spend my time 🙂

tang
    Free Member

9 hrs of sweet trail riding so far this week! Trails empty. Turbo/road work in the winter is paying out as legs are good. Happy.

bobario
    Free Member

went to penmachno for the first time and did both loops. i was a bit out of my depth to be honest, it was a bit hair raising. managed two minor offs and a couple of near misses. weather was excellent and the trail was more or less bone dry apart from on the lee side of the hill which was waterlogged. brilliant views wish i had taken a camera with me.
    met a couple of other riders which is a rarity at penmachno i believe, hello to the bloke on the white pivot who passed me up the fireroad just over halfway round, next time i’ll catch ya.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nope ridden everyday except Wednesdays, and haven’t ridden in the sun yet. Sunday was bright but cold, not worn shorts yet either.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m feked orf with picassa I can’t upload my photo of “daisy” my winter hack (boardman team carbon roadie) when I do, you’ll understand why I call her “daisy”

I wore 3/4 bibs, merino underlayer and roadie top, I was baking, temp gauge said 28C at one point (optimistic??) can’t believe it was ever that hot.

Had me pint now at The Flower Pots in Cheriton.. burpidge.

spando
    Free Member

Yeh had a superb ride in Pitmedden today, trails were in great nick looking forward to Muckmedden 😀

fasthaggis

Just picked up a flyer for that 🙂
    A dry Pitmedden ,awesome 😯 😀

The Sidlaws were super dry and fast today<you could almost sprint up the big climbs. 8)

fenred
    Free Member

Great film coastkid, really enjoyed that!

Rocketdog- well shot pic 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

cheers fenred
    another great day today once the sun came out

the unexpected txt ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

there were rewards

screwball by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who else had a day off and ride in the sunshine?’ is closed to new replies.