Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Who else had a day off and ride in the sunshine?
  • matt_outandabout

*sits sunburned, smug and knackered….*
    35k; 900m+ climb; 56kmh max, met no-one in 5 hours and some proper sunburn 8)

Where did the singletrack go? by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ve got all week off. 50 road miles today, cut gate tomorrow, back on the road Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 😀

stevenc
    Free Member

Day off tomorrow, so going to head out early I hope. Spend the day in the hills

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sunburn here too (Ayrshire). Run half marathon distance for the first time, I’m a wee bit pink now, and knackered, in a good way.

mintimperial

Me. Did a nice big loop round Ladybower. Spectacular. 😀

carlosg
    Free Member

No riding today but mrscarlos bunked off work this afternoon so we had a bit of mummy and daddy time 😉 and then we picked the kids up after school went to the park and had ice cream (I had an oyster ,mmm)

chakaping
    Free Member

Me. Did a nice big loop round Ladybower.

I did that yesterday, only met a few walkers and bikers – fantastic ride.

Hello to the chap on the Lapierre HT if you come on here.

mu3266
    Free Member

I had a fantastic 20 mile ride across the south downs today. Zigged and zagged until I could travel no more. Encountered one or two walkers and a horse rider who was the epitome of a horse rider, attractive, well mannered & a beautifully soft voice. Well, until her dog started misbehaving and the she-demon was released. Nearly gave myself whip lash spinning round to see what was happening.

Oh and sunburnt like hell! Damn my African Sunrise coloured hair (and now skin)

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Not out today (was on nights last night, sleeping was a nightmare) but managed a quick blast round Gisburn with the dog yesterday

white101

A customer agreed to meet me in Peebles next week for a meeting, it was either there or Dumfries….what a coincidence I’ve just put the bike rack on my new car.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just an hour of singletrack at lunchtime 🙂

thegerminator
    Free Member

Up on exmoor today blue skies
    trails fast and dusty and the
    tea room at horner was open for
    hot chcolate and cake!
    The 60 mile road ride last sat
    has fired the legs up, rode some
    brutal climbs today but enjoyed
    the descents 😀
    May have to do the quantocks tmrw.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep had a few hours of dirt jumping 🙂 Got 2 days at work then riding Woburn on Friday, hope the weather keeps up.

fergal
    Free Member

Gypsy glen descent today, as good and fast as ever, didn’t see a soul.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Not a day off, but smashed myself to bits after school chasing kom s.
    Damn you strava

Carpediem
    Free Member

Got this week off. Result.Been mixing up the road rides and Afan all week…and it’s only TUESDAY 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen descent? Did you not climb up there like? Helicopter? Uplift via 4×4?

Me, I’ve been off but spent most of today lying on a hard floor as my back is ****! Brilliant!

Bucko

Dartmoor Sunday, Dartmoor again on foot on Monday, 3 laps of Verderers at FOD today, mostly under tree cover but still proper hot and great to be out.

Back to work for the next 2 days but I’m hoping the weather holds out for another ride on Dartmoor on Friday, then whatever the weekend brings.

What an amazing week

crispybacon
    Free Member

I had an outstanding day on Dartmoor today 26 miles in superb sunny warm weather on bone dry trails – long may it last 😀

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7256/6875677164_25efbd7595_b.jpg[/img]

br
    Free Member

40 miles in the Chilterns for me; stonking day that finished with a beer on the decking, sunbathing 🙂

hugor
    Free Member

Great pics there c-b. Can I ask where that trail is in Dartmoor?

Euro
    Free Member

Kinda. I was off today, but had chores to do then looking after 4 kids. Slightly jealous of your epic adventures but got some manual and nose wheelie practise in the street, so not all was lost. Inners this weekend should make up for it.

tang
    Free Member

1/2 day today and yesterday so 3hrs out both days, cotswold woods with lots of light and buff singletrack. Grinning? You better believe it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Most excellent photos chaps, most excellent.

I’m “off” for a while and am fitting in rides within some unavoidable constraints, so tomorrow it’ll be S’th Downs from Arundel to Lewes (incl some of the SDW) on my 29erSS, yesterday was rattling around “That London” on my foldie, today it’s been my more normal S’th Downs roadie stuff then I’ll do some cheeky trails in the northern part of the New Forest later in the week.

It is/has/should be one of the best weeks to just get out there.

Most excellent.

Sanny
    Free Member

Rode all seven munros on the Ben Lawers massif on Sunday. Yesterday was an old skool return to Glen Ample on the 29er with my mate Pete and today was a cracking back road circuit to Kippen and back with my good lady and little un. Pub lunch in the beer garden, trip to the swing park, gentle spin home and dinner army folks al fresco. Winner!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Bucko – Member

Dartmoor Sunday, Dartmoor again on foot on Monday, 3 laps of Verderers at FOD today, mostly under tree cover but still proper hot and great to be out.

Back to work for the next 2 days but I’m hoping the weather holds out for another ride on Dartmoor on Friday, then whatever the weekend brings.

What an amazing week

You made it to FoD then buddy….did you enjoy Verderers? Could be riding on Dartmoor on Saturday if you fancy it?

TonyL
    Free Member

I did yesterday, excellent ride up in the lakes following a route from an issue of Singletrack from a month or two back! Out around the back of Skidaw 53km and I think we saw about 4 people all day. Dry dusty trails all the way. Might have to get the bike out and call it work tomorrow.

bedmaker

I did. Got some munrobagging done.
    [/url]
    DSCF5729 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr[/img]

hugor
    Free Member

I have to get into this too.
    Pics from the amazing Doethie Valley over the weekend.

I know exactly how this goat feels!

Even the sheep are taking all the rays they can!

MoreCashThanDash

Lovely commute home along the towpath tonight – does that count?

simondbarnes

Not me. Did commute 90km in the sunshine though. 96km yesterday, probably same again tomorrow as well. I love riding in this weather 🙂

pease
    Free Member

bedmaker.. thats an awsome picture. massive envy going on here.

hugor been a while since ive seen the doethie dry like that. may have to pop up before the rain comes back. have to say ive never seen a goat up there though. 🙂

hugor
    Free Member

Still a bit of bog around!

Watching your front wheel disappear into a metre of bog causes very sudden OTB moments!

Oh and the goat was from Cheddar Gorge on Sunday. I get around. 😀

dobo
    Free Member

900m climb in 35k is good going. didnt have the day off but managed to get out at 6pm and still saw plenty sun and sunset for a lovely ride.

crispybacon
    Free Member

hugor – today was a Princetown/Burrator/Princetown loop with 2 x descents on the Widowmaker & a visit to the TV mast for a last descent to Princetown, 26 miles of dry trails in the sunshine, shame about the Easterly headwind tho.

coastkid
    Free Member

Had a roasting day on the coast. 1 meter low tide exposes a lot of usually covered rock, slimey in places, super smooth slick rock in other bits 🙂

Barnes Ness by coastkid71, on Flickr

Made a wee film…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa15nakOl8k&list=UUSv198UD3Wy-dBsg3K40IvQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

hugor
    Free Member

@ c-b thanks. 🙂
    Plan was to visit Dartmoor this weekend for the first time.
    Will look at that loop.

crispybacon
    Free Member

hugor – I can send you some GPX files for various Ptown/Burrator loops if you want?

Drop me an email (addy in profile) & I’ll send them to you.

scuttler

Was out around Ladybower and Castleton on Friday and there were bucket loads of bikes out. Plenty of paragliders on Mam Tor too. Happy days.

matt_outandabout

Ace rides, glad it was not me out on my own…although it was 🙂

Rode all seven munros on the Ben Lawers massif on Sunday.

Fair play!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who else had a day off and ride in the sunshine?’ is closed to new replies.