Who else did hee-haw for NYE?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Who else did hee-haw for NYE?
  • Boba Fatt

Great innit? Watched a crap film, read for a bit and in bed by 11pm. 2 beers and no hangover.

Woke up this morning to a load of people moaning on social media about how 2018 was the worst year of their life and how 2019 will be amazing.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Bed for 10:30. Still caught the fireworks at midnight though.

trail_rat

I ran a second 10k for the day in the grand canyon on the treadmill in the gym.

Stuck at work this year.

The banter on here is a load better than the last rig I did the new year shift on

fossy

Drove to a family doo – in bed by 1.30am. Sober, but tired this morning.

Don’t do Facebook so wouldn’t know about the rubbish folk post – binned it 6 months ago.

sarawak

In bed by 10.30. Still heard fireworks. Went out at 8.30 for a quick 25 miles on lovely quiet roads.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Drank shit loads, ate shit loads and watched the fireworks. No hangover.

Time to do it again.

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

I hand built a bike frame from unicorn pubes and then weaved my own yoghurt.
    Oh, no, wait. I went to a house party and got bladdered.

johnners

Drank shit loads, ate shit loads and watched the fireworks. No hangover.

I had a hangover, but I’m using Android.

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

House full of little kids so in bed for 9pm. They don’t give a shit what day it is and we’re up a few times a night then 5am onwards with the little terrors. The thought of dealing with it with a hangover is unthinkable!

wordnumb

What does “hee-haw” mean?
    Phonetically it sounds like something I didn’t do.

Gangs of New York, wife in bed for 10, already knew it would be fruitless pestering her (my fault for cooking a big dinner…) so poured a large port followed by a large Lagavullin, read some Everest books, listened to some Mazzy Star then saw the bells in with some old Danny Bhoy clips.

9/10 I’d say

sarawak

House full of little kids so in bed for 9pm. They don’t give a shit what day it is and we’re up a few times a night then 5am onwards with the little terrors. The thought of dealing with it with a hangover is unthinkable!

Your offspring’s offsprings? That will teach you!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

No booze, asleep by midnight, nice dry & sunny ride this morning.

Premier Icon daviek
    Subscriber

Like Trail_rat im offshore so was in bed by 10 although i was woken up a few times due to the weather. If the instruments on the side of the place are to be believed we were hit by a 26m wave early hours.

CraigW

Out on the bike just before midnight, watched some of the local fireworks.
    No drinking. Might have a wee cider and a whisky tonight instead.

steve_b77

In bed for 10:30 as I’m like death warmed up and on anti biotics for a nasty chest infection.

Sat in all day watching films by myself while the wife took the kids out.

postierich

As above been a dead man walking since the 29th managed to crawl downstairs this morning coughing up all sorts of crap .:-) Happy New Bloody Year 🙂

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Your offspring’s offsprings? That will teach you!

I wish, they’re ours so harder to disown.

Hee Haw is a Scottish term for nothing. As in “yer getting hee haw ya fanny”.

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

Besides myself, everyone here was in bed by ten. I got kitted up at 23:00 and went for a ride to the most open, elevated position I could find within an hours ride and then watched everyone’s fireworks with a small bottle of red wine and a plastic glass which I brought with me.

No one in the house even knows I went out last night 🙂

Premier Icon dudeofdoom
    Subscriber

I arsed about all day then listened to an audiobook till after 10 then watched The Predator whilst drinking milkshakes till just before twelve than telly on that madness concert an out on the patio watching the fireworks, then back to predator 🙂

I hate hangovers and the dogs going mad so up 4 or 5ish most mornings.

Bed at 9pm , read abit of GT’s book then knocked it on the head around 10pm, no booze and a pizza!
    Planned a longer 4hr loop today as it was still amazing dry , then my tube I keep velco’d under my saddle fell off at about mile 8, so back tracked hoping to find it …all the way back to the car -UST and no spare tube is asking for a long walk ( in the dark )

hjghg5

My dad tried to phone at 10pm. Both me and my OH were already asleep and slept through the phone ringing. Woke up to an answerphone message. Even worse we’re actually on holiday in Brussels (but had an early-ish start to get to some cyclocross this morning so took it easy on the beer yesterday).

NZCol

Skiing with the family. Did fireworks and torchlit descent at 6 then dinner inc a high speed bottle of wine and a cognac. Home, daughter in bed shortly followed by me ! Wife delighted.

Premier Icon bruk
    Subscriber

Was on call last night, got home at bit after 10 and then stayed up till 12.15. Watched the fireworks over Liverpool then caught the end of the London ones before bed. My wife requested a hot toddy and it did smell good but dry night for me!

May have a wee dram of the Bunnahabhain from Xmas later.

Liking the idea of the bike ride at midnight. May aim for that next year!

Came home form work early and brought in the bells watching Buffy with the missus. Also drank too much Achroous.

Might be more adventurous next year.

Bustaspoke

I was in work yesterday & again today so I stayed in.Did I miss much?

phil5556

Other half was off to work this morning so an early one for us. Made a nice fillet steak dinner, listened to some music and I’d dropped off by 11, she was asleep by 10. No drink either for me, duty lifeboat crew.
    And at work this afternoon.

The whole of the Christmas period has been very quiet and relaxing 🙂

CountZero

O/H was up early for work this morning, apparently it was dead, no idea why they even bothered to open, most shops in town were closed. I went over to a mates like I usually do, we watched Deadpool 2 had a couple of beers, put together some snacks then watched Hootenanny with a wee dram* to celebrate the New Year.
    *Actually, it was Penderyn Welsh whisky, and very good too.

*Actually, it was Penderyn Welsh whisky, and very good too.

Bugger me, have they stopped making it taste like new carpet smell? I’d sooner drink Bells than that travesty again. That said this was a batch from before they did everything in house so maybe they have improved, frankly it wouldn’t have been hard.

Thought hee haw was a HMHB reference.

Mister P

I had a couple of beers in The Thatch in Croyde then wandered back to my van to cook dinner. Was in bed by 10pm. Had a walk on Croyde beach at 7.30am and had the place to myself.

P-Jay

Always, I’ve never really had a good NYE, too much expectation to live up to reality.

Mate of mine has a big family party, they all bring their kids for a sleep-over and have a drink, sounds like fun, but not really my bag.

Last time I went out was 2000 into 2001, I was in Sydney and it was amazing, weather was perfect, it had been stupid hot but cooled to a more manageable (for a pale skinned Welsh Lad anyway) 25c at night, The city was still riding the Olympic buzz wave and I was young, free and single with a pocket full of cash from working myself half to death washing and delivering hire cars through the whole Olympic / Xmas Summer Break rush. Started in the City, took a look at Bondi but it was a total gang ****, few stops in The Rocks, Darlinghurst before ending up watching the Sun come up on the rooftop garden of our hostel in Potts Point / Kingscross.

After that, and the whole misery that was the Millennium the year before I didn’t fancy paying £20 to go into the local pub to be stood with an elbow in each side watching part-time drinkers choke down their bodyweight in booze “Coz it’s Nooooo Years” and throw up on their shoes.

Fast forward a decade and a half, two kids in bed and a Wife who needs to be up for 06:45 for work on New Years Day and I’m that grumpy old **** who moans about the fire works.

hedley

We both woke up at 21:30, barely stayed awake for the bells and went back to bed. We had been clubbing the night/morning before at Sativa in Edinburgh so had an excuse.

Then up and out on the CX bike to start the year off trying to be less fat.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.