Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Who else bought a Lidl unicycle and learned to ride?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Recently found this old thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-bought-a-unicycle-from-lidl and wondered who else bought one and learned to ride? Anybody else still riding? Or any other unicycle riders on here?

lunge

I got bought one many years ago, it’s in my garage and has been used twice. Really should learn but as soon as I get it out my wife suggests she’ll disown me if I’m seen in public with it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought one, tried it, sold it on eBay for a profit.

phiiiiil

I bought a cheapy thing from a juggling shop in Worcester years ago; I can’t actually remember what happened to it, but it started a good few years of up to four unicycles in the garage, Mountain Mayhem, trials competitions, the UK three peaks and trail centres everywhere.

I’ve still got a 29er – built back when getting hold of wide 29″ rims and tyres was really hard! – but it hasn’t come off its hook in the garage for a few years now…

z1ppy

Had high hopes for mine but was too embarrassed to be seen failing off it, still not selling it though!

el_boufador

I’ve got a 24″ wheel one my lovely wife bought for me years ago. Spent some time last year re-learning to ride it. It’s fun, but impractical 🙂
    Also my lad and his mate now regularly show me up riding theirs, so ride mine in secret now.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

one spotted this morning being ridden in wolverhampton.

P20

I bought one and its hardly been used. I could ride it, but that’s through some time spent working in a quiet bike shop when I was younger

antigee

never a dull moment in our household 🙂

not a lidl one – a present a few years ago that I never mastered at the time but decided you can teach an old dog new tricks if you sort the useful from the useless on youtube – struggle to consistently freemount and deal with obstacles so don’t go out much – sometimes to the gym

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

*Applauds Antigee*

tthew

I own one, though it’s not been in my immediate possession for a few years. We had a family day at work last year, and the kids entertainer brought a couple with him.

I was astounded that we we allowed to ride them with the safety culture we have, (power station) but yep, apart from having to have a bit of a hold on to something to start, I can still do it. 8)

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve got one (not a Lidl one)….hung on the garage wall….I spent hours trying to master it but got nowhere…..

….so I learned to juggle instead!

y goal was to be able to do both at the same time but I’m afraid thats a pipe dream!

aracer
    Free Member

I can pretty much do that (badly) – like all these things it’s just persistence. Working more on my juggling now, if I can get that more consistent it should get a lot more reliable. Fundamentally if you can juggle and ride a uni then it’s not that hard to combine the two. As for learning to ride, that too is about persistence – lots of good youtube tutorials which help but you have to spend hours falling off it.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I still have one in the garage (not the lidl one), just need to find time to learn to use it (and perfect my manuals, bunny hops, enduro turns etc etc etc, lol)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Who else bought a Lidl unicycle and learned to ride?’ is closed to new replies.