• This topic has 68 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Who eats breakfast?
  • smell_it
    Free Member

I just had to Google sheldon cooper 😳

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Lidls a bit grim though. Foods no where near as good
    Hence my comment…

You really need to look past the “grim” and get their luxury fruit and nut muesli,

I thought the Aldi one p155ed on Tesco’s until I was persuaded to try thenLidl one.

hmanchester
    Free Member

I’d rather eat no breakfast than 99% of commercial breakfast products.

I do eat brekky, but go for a smoothie or eggs/bacon/sausage/grilled veg effort if I have time. Seem to do alright.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ride first, eat breakfast later.

Insulin, innit.

bearnecessities

I’ve skipped to the end, so forgive if points made already, but my rule is:

1. Eat Breakfast
    2. Don’t eat cereals
    3. Eat porridge / eggs & w/meal toast (one slice!) / Dorset Muesli (only decent one on market – expensive though, but only works out at 5p a day over conventional crap.)
    4. Eat Breakfast

I eat 5 meals a day, but keep it clean & unprocessed 99% of time.

I like food 😀

smell_it
    Free Member

ut only works out at 5p a day over conventional crap

God, i thought the first hour of my day was arduous, but at least i haven’t descended into cereal cost benefit analysis. I’d also rather polish a tramps cock, than eat any type of muesli, it’s one of the devils foods.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Don’t eat cereals but do eat porridge, muesli and toast?!

bearnecessities

It’s an issue I have working out how Supermarkets **** you over on a daily basis & the quick-calc skill becomes quite useful.

…and don’t get me started on Tuna. Did you realise this…? you know when you buy your “on offer” tuna, you know, “usually £24 but now only £3/£4 for 3 tins”…?

The sly ******** (I’m calling out John West & Princess here for undertaking the bidding no doubt of the supermarkets) have introduced tins that are only 112g drained weight, instead of the usual 130g drained weight, but packaged in totally the same way.

I have gone pole & line only now, just to stick my 2 monkey fingers up to them, and at the rate I get through tuna, I expect some profit warnings to follow shortly.

…but yes, breakfast is good.

daveagiles
    Free Member

@hmanchester- they grow in boxes don’t-you-know

ton

large protein breakfast everyday here.
    egg based with fish, or beans, or mushrooms or lean meat.

bearnecessities

I’d also rather polish a tramps cock, than eat any type of muesli, it’s one of the devils foods.

You haven’t tried Dorset! Seriously. Try the toasted flakes, simply nutty or original (rest are a bit poncey and expensive).

It’s not like museli. It’s nice!

smell_it
    Free Member

😀 @ bearnecessities.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Thanks Dave, I knew I was getting something massively obvious wrong

bearnecessities

http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/things-we-make/muesli/

I’ll drop it now, but try them!

daveagiles
    Free Member

Right, i’m off to have my evening breakfast.

A touch of muesli and scoop of porridge oats, 3 weatabix, raisins, 3 dates and some branflakes. mmm

fakesounding
    Free Member

+1 for dorset muesli. I have it a few times a week. Steer well clear of their porridge though. Tried the sampler that came in the muesli – rancid stuff!!

Unless I’m going out for ride, a slice of toast with peanut butter (100% peanut organic stuff, not supermarket stuff) & strawberry jam accompanied with a brew is it for me!

gmex619
    Free Member

I don’t eat breakfast either. It makes sense too me.. Why eat early in the morning and then get hungry through the day when you can last until lunch/dinner perfectly fine.

I think the last time I ate breakfast was around Christmas!

mattbibbings
    Free Member

I teach outdoor ed and work outside all day, 5 days a week, up hills, down rivers and gorges etc. Plus 3 or 4 good road or MTB rides a week, plus dog walking, plus (ahem) “home life”. If I don’t eat a massive bowl of porridge every morning, followed by at least 2 other meals of good quality carbs protein and veg then I am well and truly knackered.

I used to survive on cereal like wheatabix every morning but was always hungry by 10.30am. I switched to porridge and never looked back. Eating a normal meal of decent food also raises your metabolism and helps to keep weight down. I spent a lot of the last year sat on my shiny arse with two broken arms (5operations over the year) and kept up eating more or less the same, just ditched alcohol and 80% of the sweet stuff and only put on about half a stone.

Breakfast is good for you

Duggan

I generally hate breakfast but always make myself force something down. Almost always porridge and bannanas, cheerios or toast.

It’s never enjoyable though, I mean how much fun can it be eating food at 7am knowing you’ve got a whole day of work ahead of you?

Always ate it though as constantly told it’s the ‘most important meal of the day’…happy to skip it if it’s considered healthy/OK to do this?

bearnecessities

Why eat early in the morning and then get hungry through the day when you can last until lunch/dinner perfectly fine.

Metabolism. Either you’re under 25, one of those irritating people that has a metabolism that won’t quit, or fat.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve never really bothered with it until the last 4 or 5 years when I started eating it to be healthy.. Have slowly realised that it was making me feel like crap, so I’ve stopped again..

feeling fitter, happier and less hungry as result

wallop

+1 for dorset muesli. I have it a few times a week. Steer well clear of their porridge though. Tried the sampler that came in the muesli – rancid stuff!!

Oh god yes! I had the raspberry porridge sampler yesterday – it was absolutely hideous!

gmex619
    Free Member

Why eat early in the morning and then get hungry through the day when you can last until lunch/dinner perfectly fine.

Metabolism. Either you’re under 25, one of those irritating people that has a metabolism that won’t quit, or fat. [/quote]

I’m 19 😀

But I think my Metabolism is high anyway..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

+1 for dorset muesli.

We’ve got 3/4 of a box in the cupboard thats been there for 6 months, maybe more. What does that tell you?

It’s still shredded cardboard. That’s what.

TiRed

Can’t function without breakfast:
    Porridge
    Egg: Boiled, poached, or omelette in a wrap
    Fruit
    Tea

Then a commute and a lungo or espresso when I get to work.

EDIT: my tip for porridge is to stir in some apple sauce. Baby food, Colemans or a large jar of Appelmuis. It’s all the same.

beefheart
    Free Member

I suppose it depends on your schedule.
    I finish work early in the morning, when I usually go for a run before breakfast.
    Breakfast after morning commute/run = win.

fakesounding
    Free Member

We’ve got 3/4 of a box in the cupboard thats been there for 6 months, maybe more. What does that tell you?

That tell me you don’t like things that taste awesome!! 😛

johnellison
    Free Member

then a wee latte

Don’t think it’ll catch on. I prefer a coffee latte myself.

Solo
    Free Member

Porridge and tea for me, nothing’s getting done till I’ve had breakfast.
    You don’t live with a woman then.
    😉

I’ve skipped to the end, so forgive if points made already, but my rule is:

1. Eat Breakfast
    2. Don’t eat cereals
    3. Eat porridge / eggs and w/meal toast (one slice!) / Dorset Muesli (only decent one on market – expensive though, but only works out at 5p a day over conventional crap.)
    4. Eat Breakfast

No 2, contradicts No 3. Which is contradicted by

I eat 5 meals a day, but keep it clean and unprocessed 99% of time.
    What are porridge oats if not unprocessed ? and do we assume you are toasting bread ?, is that not processed too ?

No breakfast for me. I rided nearly seventy miles last weekend. I started without breakfast and didn’t eat until I had been cycling for over two hours and I only had water to drink.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Who eats breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.