Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Who doesn't like a kebab?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Ad6v6Q9yg[/video]

pondo

I like a kebab – a LOT – but I hope I never have to plumb that depth of donnor longing.

funkmasterp

Sober people?

Murray

Sheep?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I LOVE them, but they’re mostly gross – so I have 1 a year on the evening of my Wife’s Xmas party. I have the biggest they make and No1 Son has a medium or something and we watch a Alien film.

Nothing says Xmas to me like Greek street food and 80s Sci-Fi.

Coyote
    Free Member

What a find. <applause> to Jamie.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow. I dont actually think i like anything that much 😯

rob2
    Free Member

I do like a kebab. Had one and a few cans of cider after leaving the hospital when my children were born.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

My local place of choice does a damn fine kebab. I can even eat the Donner… sober! Surely a sign of excellence!!!

gnusmas

This place is about an hour away from me, don’t think i could manage them though.

Maybe a STW collective challenge to be had here?

This is a big kebab!

This donner pizza burger thingy is massive too!

chvck
    Free Member

I work with someone who lives in Tregaron, he rates Pasha’s quite highly and has had the pizza burger (shared with his wife).

jimjam
    Free Member

It looks like Dublin rd Belfast but their accents sound more like Derry. I had to do quite a bit of detective work – turns out “woman kebab shop fight” returns many hundreds of results.

jamj1974

Shami kebab – homemade by my mates mum, probably forever. Take away kebab. Never had one and never will.

jimjam
    Free Member

Well dang! Brain still works. Turns out it was about 400m from where I thought it was. Poor girl was still treated a bit roughly imo but i guess you can’t expect pizza shop staff to be police.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Goodness knows what’s in Doner meat but a good lamb shish kebab with all the salad and chilli sauce with chips n mayo is one of my favourite takeaways. It has to be good though and not goat…..or dog….or cat…..or rat

Jamie
    Free Member

Poor girl was still treated a bit roughly imo but i guess you can’t expect pizza shop staff to be police.

She was biting them apparently. So I guess the aim was to get her at distance.

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

She was biting them apparently. So I guess the aim was to get her at distance.

Hard to bite someone when they have you in a standing rear naked choke or a head and arm triangle for that matter. Hey ho.

bearnecessities

Yay, thread derailment!

Poor girl was still treated a bit roughly imo

Poor girl?

It’s someone kicking off, getting abusive and causing damage – because it’s the female of the species, you think “poor girl” applies?

Imagine it’s a chap….”poor guy” would apply?

dannyh
    Free Member

There is a very clear dividing line for me (in the case of doner) – do they use a knife or one of those horrible shaver things. Knife = OK, shaver = I’ll just have chips, please.

Token onion on top is also a preference.

My fave is lamb shish, though. Nice meat, good crunchy shredded salad (no cucumber), a pickled chili and sauce separate. Hmmmmm. If I’d not just polished off a massive Chinese takeaway I would feel peckish now.

dannyh
    Free Member

FWIW. If that had been a bloke he would probably have had the living piss kicked out of him.

CountZero

There’s a kebab ‘van’, actually like a trailer with the side open, that’s right at the entrance to the industrial estate I used to work at, on the roundabout where a main road and bypass intersect, been there for years, and I’ve been known to take a blast up there on my way home from dropping my mate off after we’ve been to the pub.
    Bloody good doner they do there, lots of salad, big green chilies if you want them, and a pile of fries to go with it.
    Finishing one is a bit of a struggle, the flat bread usually gets left, reluctantly.

slowoldman

Anyway, those kebabs. Does anyone actually know what they taste like?

jimjam
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

Yay, thread derailment!

Poor girl was still treated a bit roughly imo

Poor girl?

It’s someone kicking off, getting abusive and causing damage – because it’s the female of the species, you think “poor girl” applies?

Imagine it’s a chap….”poor guy” would apply? [/quote]

I guess if the guy was about four feet tall – ie he was roughly as strong as a small overweight woman then I’d probably still think he was technically treated a bit roughly.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

If “kebab” means one of those compressed meat salt fat horrors, then no I do not like kebab.

If it means one of my home made shish efforts with lamb, egg yolky rice, sumak, plain yoghurt and a herby salad with charred tomatoes…oooooh yes!

hammerite
    Free Member

My local chip shop offers a mighty fine kebab. I’m happy to eat one sober. However, it seems that kebabs may not like me any more given my bowel problems after eating them. Next time I get one I’ll try with no sauce as an experiment.

butcher

If it means one of my home made shish efforts with lamb, egg yolky rice, sumak, plain yoghurt and a herby salad with charred tomatoes…oooooh yes!

Whut?

I think you have the wrong thread.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quality find.

sparkyrhino

They sell Chips at Your Kebab shop? Stop going 😯

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Large doner, no pita (just in the polystyrene box), salad, several long pickled chillis, chilli sauce and a little garlic mayo. Once a year, after the annual nightclub trip at a conference. Lush

wombat

Kebabs are rubbish, have a Parmo 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

and a herby salad with charred tomatoes…oooooh yes!

🙄

‘Salad’ FFS! Dan, you does disappoint in me.

I’m in Boroughbridge, North Yorks. We have a kebab/pizza shop which I’ve used once in the 7 years we’ve been here. Which must say something.
    No idea how It’s still going, the kebab I had wouldn’t feed a small mouse.
    Wish we had a good kebab house nearby. (says me, 1/2 canned) 😆

have a Parmo

*dribbles at the thought of a Stockton on Tees Parmo*

wordnumb
    Free Member

As admirable as it may be to fight for what you believe in, for what gives meaning to your life, I’m not sure I’d want to eat food prepared by staff I’d had to defeat in battle to get through the front door.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’m not a big fan of Bradford but it does have fantastic food.

The Chicken Shawarma on Arabic Bread from Habibi’s is superb.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Who doesn't like a kebab?’ is closed to new replies.