Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who do you use to post Suspension Forks?
  • johnski15
    Free Member

I’ve just sold some Air forks and need to ship them (only UK – Bournemouth) – Who have you used?

Just checking as it seems many companies have ‘pressurised containers’ as prohibited.

Cheers,

John

crazy-legs

It’s been a while since I sent forks but always used Royal Mail. Never had any issues.

In the early days of TF Tuned Suspension, they won some award from Royal Mail for the weirdest / most niche service as RM in that area suddenly found that a very significant percentage of their work was delivering boxes of suspension forks to a shed owned by Tim Flooks! In fact TF Tuned recommended RM for the delivery as being the safest / most reliable service.

johnski15
    Free Member

Looks like the TF used these:

TF Tuned use DPD Local couriers for UK mainland/ Highlands & Offshore Islands and FedEx/ DHL courier delivery services for our European and International customers. DPD Local and FedEx & DHL provide tracking by text and email direct to the customer.

scuttler

Is a fork pressurised if you let all the air from positive and negative? Shocks may contain nitrogen but forks??

johnski15
    Free Member

Is a fork pressurised if you let all the air from positive and negative? Shocks may contain nitrogen but forks??

Get your point – Has any one used Hermes?

Thanks

John

endomick
    Free Member

I’ve always sent forks with parcelforce 48hr through the local post office for about £16.

Harry_the_Spider

I sent 2 sets by Hermes for about £12 earlier in the year. They arrived without any problems.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got some arriving with ParceForce this week.
    Depending on how that goes I’ll send the forks they are replacing that way, once they’ve sold.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Hermes to Sweden no problemo

austy
    Free Member

Tried to send a pair of forks to upgrade by royal mail but the refused them as the box was too big.

Sent via Ups for about £8 and arrived fine.

argee

Royal Mail / Parcelforce aren’t making themselves competitive these days, at a time when hermes, UPS, DPD, etc are all doing huge business, expanding and so on i just see RM bringing in more stupid rules like this, which is confusing as within the UK i can send aerosols with flammable liquid inside, i can send lead acid batteries within the UK and so on, but a pair of forks is prohibited, they’re not Hazardous Classes either, just weird.

As for the question, DPD seem a decent bet, they tend to have drop off/pick up points everywhere now, same with hermes, both have improved over the years as well, and cheaper to post with, i used hermes last time, but will be using DPD in the future due to discounts i can get.

FieldMarshall

I just sent a set of forks I sold on ebay by Parcelforce 48hr.

£12.

Delivered today without a hitch.

johnski15
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, plumped for Hermes, £11 odd with insurance, next day delivery.

I’ll let you know if they get there tomorrow.

Cheers Johnny

johnski15
    Free Member

Absolutely no issues sending Suspension forks via myhermes.co.uk. £11, insured to their value and next day delivery.

Thanks,

John

harryhatman
    Free Member

Hi John

Did you state on My Hermes what they were inside the parcel? Would you send a rear air shock with them?

Cheers

bruneep

Mrs Goggins asked me what I was sending and if there were any pressurised items in the parcel.

Its bike parts* and the jiffy bag has lots of pressurised air bubbles. She shook her head and took my payment. Sent RM special delivery under £10

* was a rear shock

monkeyboyjc

i can send aerosols with flammable liquid inside, i can send lead acid batteries within the UK and so on, but a pair of forks is prohibited, they’re not Hazardous Classes either, just weird.

Not with RM you can’t – all of those are not allowed.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who do you use to post Suspension Forks?’ is closed to new replies.