Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • Who do you boycott?
  • grum
    Free Member
    idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Don’t really properly boycott anything, but I will never, ever buy or use anything from Lush due to their funding of hunt saboteurs.

grum
    Free Member

Good on ’em. Hunting is illegal and barbaric (and yes I grew up in the countryside). 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

didnt know that, will have to start buying lush stuff !

Lifer
    Free Member

+1, thanks for the headsup that looks like 3 new lush customers! (What do they sell?)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

That makes more sense. But even if it were true I wouldn’t really think much less of Starbucks- Daily Mail ‘our boys’ stuff leaves me a bit cold.

Edit: Not that I’m a massive fan of Starbucks anyway!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, meh. Can’t be bothered.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Don’t really properly boycott anything, but I will never, ever buy or use anything from Lush due to their funding of hunt saboteurs.

I will never buy anything from lush because even walking past the shop makes me want to vomit. I don’t think I would actually be able to make it inside.

Lifer
    Free Member

It’s ridiculous.

“Give me free stuff because I chose to join the army”
    “No”
    “UNPATRIOT!”

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I will never buy anything from lush because even walking past the shop makes me want to vomit. I don’t think I would actually be able to make it inside.

+1 I always walk quicker when I’m going past- almost makes my eyes water!

rayc
    Free Member

Halifax building Society – for unthinking, uncaring customer service
    Carphone Warehouse – scruffy shops, surly, ill-trained staff
    Orange – aggressive in the face of complaints
    Local Co-op food store – dirty, couldn’t care less
    Autotrader.co.uk – over-charges

yunki
    Free Member

didnt know that, will have to start buying lush stuff !

+1

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Ah now i recall, us bumpkins don’t get to visit them there big places very often, but i do remember smells, and i walked pst a place that was reeking of eye watering matter– i think it was one of them Lush shops, so i will decline their products but may send the money direct to a hunt sab group instead.

brakes
    Free Member

Tapped and Packed on Tottenham Ct Rd. for the following reasons:
    1) it looked like a nice place for a coffee and had a bicycle suspended above the door – so had visual promise and enticed me in.
    2) the espresso came in a glass.
    3) the espresso tasted absolutely vile – like they’d scraped some diesel gunk off the underside of a taxi and added piss to it.
    4) the staff were the most vacant, arrogant, wannabe muppets ever.

grum
    Free Member

Another good reason to boycott Starbucks. Apparently this poster was too reminiscent of the World Trade Centre 9/11 attacks. 😕

loum
    Free Member

Never buy the sun.
    My only real boycott.
    I’ll try to avoid other brands/corps along ethical lines but at times waver and consider them if needs must.
    But if it was the only paper in the shop and I was getting on a 12 hour bus journey I still would boycott it.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

there is no earthly reason to buy that rag ever !

rudebwoy
    Free Member

very eloquent, do you have proof or just anecdotal stories ?

grum
    Free Member

Hunt sabs are nothing but class war terrorists with a chip on their shoulder.
    [/quote]

Whereas many hunt supporters are IME (from living next door to where a hunt used to meet regularly) drunken, aggressive, arrogant, inconsiderate, littering arseholes.

Shouldn’t really need to lobby Parliament, seeing as hunting with dogs is illegal (but the law is routinely flouted).

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Then your experience of hunts is vastly different to mine.

I support everyone’s right to protest against that with which they disagree, but I draw the line at groups using borderline terrorist tactics.

How many of you would commit direct violence against, say, Nestle, because you believed them to be engaged in illegal activities (even if you had no proof that this was so) – and not just employees but people who bought their products?

uwe-r
    Free Member

Hunt sabs are nothing but class war terrorists with a chip on their shoulder.

Good luck to them.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Complaining never works!

Dammit! The ONE thing that Britain’s really really good at, and it’s no use …

ski
    Free Member

I boycott any car park that I have to pay to park, drives my Mrs mad 😉

I also boycott the TV on full moon nights, ever since watching weirwolf movies as a kid 😉

I boycott copper coin change, let the shop keep them or dump them into a charity tin.

I also boycott any foreign movie with subtitles, Jim Jams in bed, eating pizza with a fork and the latest, shampoo on my hair!

how could I forget, Larger! 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

To me it isn’t a boycott if it not something you want to do… that’s just consumer choice isn’t it?

geologist
    Free Member

Ooops forgot Nandos, I cant believe people queue for this crap.

Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘Who do you boycott?’ is closed to new replies.