Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Who did the GORRICK Rnd 2 ?
  • pants
    Free Member

So who did this then ?

I thought it was another fantastic course and the conditions were really good considering, only a couple of the nasty gloopy stuff, well done Gorrick!

hh45
    Free Member

After the terrible rain on thursday night i thought i would give it a miss but i gather it was ok after all. ho hum! I enjoyed my 80 mile road ride really.

davidj

Really enjoyed it despite having a disaster of a race. They even managed to take a nice picture of me as well! Trail was very good considering how much snow there had been, enjoyed it much more than the first one which was more a mental battle.

One of the Sport guys was not happy when he clipped my arm going past and cartwheeled off the track – Doh.

andywhit
    Free Member

I was there drinking tea 🙂

Straightliner

Great course again, and they did really well to find so many dry lines and singletrack through ground which is still pretty soggy and muddy.

Learning point – just because you know the area, don’t assume you know the course (that sharp left after the jump at the bottom of Sleeping Squaddies caught me out, I was sure it would go straight on as normal). Still, at least the tape was forgiving 😯

andywhit
    Free Member

Hi Jules 😉

dobo
    Free Member

its a great course but **** me, where were my legs! i slowly ground to a crawl.
    Was hillier than last year? there was only one mega sticky patch which i think most people carried there bike over as it was quicker and a short fairly sticky/tough hill but damn i thought it was harder than yatley.
    Had a cold last 2 weeks but didnt think it would effect me that much…

Was it toughy or was i having an off day?

pants
    Free Member

Off day! We all get em..

jsinglet

I can still feel the effort in my legs today – I was overtaken by a kid on a BMX on the way to work this morning…

bikey
    Free Member

I raced at the Gorricks on Sunday and my legs are feeling it big time today. I raced in the Male Vets cat and got knocked off by some inconsiderate idiot at the end of the fire road at the start. I was thrown over the bars and ended up in a puddle. I recovered my bike and got back on but by the time I restarted the race most of the field had gone past. I had to work my way through the back markers and due to the course having limited passing places I never really got back in to the race! By the end of the first lap my back and shoulder were in agony from the fall and my left leg had just about stopped pouring blood. I did finish the race, but it was a struggle and I finished in 38th place.
    Thanks again to the well planned and organised race although there could have been more overtaking places. No thanks at all go to the rider that smashed in to me knocking me off and leaving me for dead on the floor.

Matt

dobo
    Free Member

see this is weird, my legs dont ache at all, felt a bit tired yesterday but feel totally good today so went for a 1hr spin tonight, but sunday, omg its like i just had no umph!
    role on 1st march for R3!

Dr_Love
    Free Member

I had annoying race… Start straight wasn’t very single speed friendly anyway but some arse rammed my back wheel sideways so I ended up doing 1st lap with wheel rubbing a hole into my chain stay. End of 1st lap I hurry off to find an allen key to staighten it up but didn’t pull the wheel back far enough so spent the 2nd and 3rd lap stopping every 2 minutes to put the chain back on. Was quite fed up by the end! Would have been a great race otherwise, good course and I was feeling on form!

njee20
    Free Member

I enjoyed the course, but for some reason I just didn’t ride very hard! Mental thing I guess, but when I looked back at it, my HR was really low, still I enjoyed cruising around! Have to put in some effort at R3, and hope I’m not as slow as Sunday!

Dr_Love
    Free Member

Does anyone want to admit to being number 316? “Watch out for that small shrub”!!

[/url]

dobo
    Free Member

hehe good find, not me but there is a pic of me on there, cheers

mike_1stgear
    Free Member

all my pictures from last sundays gorrick spring series round 2 are now in our photo gallery

http://www.1stgearcycles.com

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Who did the GORRICK Rnd 2 ?’ is closed to new replies.