• This topic has 78 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TN.
Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Who braved the rain this weekend
  • Gravy
    Free Member

Left home this morning when it was quite sunny with gusty winds against me in open area's, made it to Theives Wood through miles and miles of sloppy slippy trails (great fun). Saw some familiar faces coping with a puncture, one fixing other 2 giving all the recommended encouragement and instructions when it just started to tip it down. The queue for the cup of tea was so long I did'nt bother and headed for home with the wind behind me giving me a very welcome push.

Nothing wrong with the rain. 🙄

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Friday and Sat rides around Elterwater including Walna Scar parts of total soaking both days a grand weekend out plus pints in the Britania also Scotland beat Aussies joy oh joy

berniethebike
    Free Member

Greaty weekend – road ride in S Cumbria Sat pm and 2 hours at Farleton Knott – muddy, wet, cold…brilliant!

samuri
    Free Member

Very wet road ride today around Lancashire and Yorkshire. Wouldn't be so bad but for the seriously strong winds blowing around the place.

didmatt
    Free Member

Been round a damp and Windy dalby forest, but nothing compared to other places. Cant beat sliding around in the mud! 😀

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Did a ride in awesome conditions up on the Long Mynd on Saturday (having driven down Friday night to meet up with a great bunch). We were fortunate to be guided by a local with an excellent sense of both adventure and direction – first time I've ridden around there and it really was good fun. 19 miles, 2,000ft of climbing and descent – incl. Minton Batch, which is worthy of every bit of praise it gets.

Didn't really have the opporunity to appreciate all the views as the horizontal stinging rain rather made you keep your head down at times! 😕 What we did see though was fantastic – beautiful scenery and stunning colours.

Today – tinkered with the garage door up this morning whilst it rained, and have just come back from a sneaky bit of singlespeeding as it got dusk, and no rain!

Mustn't grumble – we've got a fabulous little island here, rain or shine. Oh – it's raining again…

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Bottled a solo night ride Friday evening, bottled a long drive to Dalby Saturday morning (bugger it was dry). Spent a couple of mind-numbing hours 'cycling' in local gym 🙁

But had a great 3 hours out around Llandagla today and no rain 🙂

Paul

Keva
    Free Member

was out running on Friday morning in the rain, got back from a 2hr ride just before it got dark this afternoon. Not raining out but loads of water on the ground, quite muddy. I really should swap my tyres over.

Kev

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sounds great Tracey! Shame you don't have pics. I must admit I steer clear of any gravity related riding in conditions like this weekend – all I've managed is a quick ride to the shops on the BMX and I was even rubbish at that after last weekend's plastic pedals incident 🙄

chico
    Free Member

just missed the rain at Hebden bridge but wet low clouds at the top of the hills. Thick mud made 24 miles seem like 48 miles but excellent ride. Managed to get some air on the downhill mainly because i couldnt see the danger lol

chico
    Free Member
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

In my case it's not so much bravery as that I don't have much choice about the matter

coastkid
    Free Member

clear skys here(looked like rain all around) and dry and clean on the beach… 🙂

cullen-bay
    Free Member

I braved them, a nice 2 lap jaunt around the strathpuffer course.

LimboJimbo

Got up silly early this morning and had a quick blast round FTD at Cannock Chase. Only a couple of cars in the car park when we set off, the rain held off although it was very puddly as you'd expect after the recent biblical weather. Got back to a very full carpark just as the weather closed in. Not too smug however as I had to go straight to work. I think I may have knackered the washing machine and Mrs LJ has just walked in 😯

twosheds
    Free Member

Trip up onto Calbeck Common at 8am this morning. Stinging hail, rain and a massive rainbow.

trail_rat
    Free Member

wasnt raining on the cromarty firth ….

rode from whyte n mackays to glen morangie – up through dornoch and back down to dalmore this afternoon

yesterday i rode along from alness to tain to scotsburn to dingwall and back to alness

Taff
    Free Member

I went out today for the first time in 5 months due to ill health other things going on. Managed to put a few miles under my belt in attempt to regain some fitness. Even got the antlers out when I saw other riders in front of me. Bloody horribly gloopy round here though and some new trail rivers have appeared

MadBillMcMad

did a great 15 mile ride from home with my 12 year old and his three mates – very wet, very windy and they did not complain or even comment on the weather.

The washing machine is having a bit of paddy now though !

gingerflash

Went cross racing in Bingley. Oh how I enjoyed myself: –

abductee
    Free Member

Gravy- That wasn't me you saw still fixing punctures from Adeys ride last Sunday was it? Found 2 more this morning, one before I started out and the other one soon after we got started not too far from thieves wood. Despite the dry forecast it then proceeded to piss it down for the rest of the ride clearing just before we got back.

hitman
    Free Member

Yep – first ride for a while and first on new bike – very wet but had lots of fun!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Me and Italspark had two fantastic days riding up at Aviemore. Burmah and mast climbs and descents on Saturday, not quite beating the rain which caught up with us at Kincraig as we rode out to the Inchriach cake shop only to find it closed.

Top tip, the Hilton otel at Coylumbridge will let you use its showers, pool and sauna for £5.

We tried to get up Caan Ban Mor today, but the lack of a bridge at the foot of the climb, made us ride back and explore the Inchriach forest. We met a bunch of guys and did some riding with them. Top weekend

sax_widby
    Free Member

rode into the peaks and took a newbie down dore drop in the tipping rain. Great day out, and i found out that my raceface baggies arent waterproof (despite the description saying so), but that added to the fun of it. Reminded me of biking when i was a kid, with the most innappropriate kit and bike imaginable!

rbmccunn
    Free Member

Went on a local ride today with my daughter, once the rain was bouncing back up off the ground by a couple of inches and it was staring to get dark I called my wife to come pick the wee one up in the car, she doesn’t like the ride home anyway because it’s all up hill. It was awesome, and on the ride back home the rain washed all the mud off the bike and me. Happy days!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

We were at the FoD today too Tracey! Glad you had a good time down there.

Really was slippy, nowt like wet roots to have me making a total arse of myself…..and of course it was all caught on headcam. Most fun I've had riding in the mud for ages! T'was an awesome day 😀

xc-steve
    Free Member

Did a 30mile loop out on to Dartmoor yesterday, driving rain and a riding head on into a gale worst conditions I've ever ridden in and loved every second of it!

Ed-O
    Free Member

Out both days running skills days at Gisburn Forest. You've got to love the slither. Out again tomorrow – Sleep, eat, ride, repeat……..

dale
    Free Member

30miles around Hebden bridge strong winds stinging rain laughed (manically) cried (was solo)bloody great

dirtypiere
    Free Member

Out in the Purbecks this morning, wet n windy, cold n shite! not a lot of fun but coffee and a cake in Corfe helped a bit, it was bad though! Not one I would rush out to do again! well probably would you as you just had to laugh it was so bad!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

out Saturday at stupid o'clock, missed most of the rain but the wind was like dragging a Bob trailer up the Machen hills.

Mud wasn't a problem just the ankle deep leaves, hiding rocks and branches 😯

mboy
    Free Member

Burnt my legs off in the FOD with the niche one et al today, very muddy it was too!

snowslave

Course we did. As if rain stops play

jedi

i did only to build a berm. riding/coaching tomorrow 🙂

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

oh wow tracey. did you ride the track we're using? how did you find it?
    I was meant to be over there practicing with my gf today but wimped out 🙁
    Wish we'd gone now.

juiced
    Free Member

Only went out locally on the bmx. Bit too much wind for me. Usually go out in bad weather but this all seemed a bit too much.

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

80 miles road ride legs, feet and head got soaked but body was dry due to new expensive waterproof (worth every penny!)

TN
    Free Member

Me and J stayed local (west Sheffield) yesterday for the first outing of his prototype riding arm.
    Horizontal rain and strong headwinds on all the climbs made for not the most fun ride we have ever done but the downhills and off road sections were great fun. And we found a new bit of trail to ride too so it had its ups. 🙂
    However, my trousers look like I've had explosive diarrhoea and my socks are full of grit. It was a bit wet out there…

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Who braved the rain this weekend’ is closed to new replies.