Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Who bikes to work? How far?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

20 miles each way 3-4 times a week all through the year ( or 32km to makes it sound further ;)). Fantastic way to start the day. Strong tailwind this morning so going to be quite brutal on the way home. Took 1 hour 3 mins this morning, average for winter is around 1:15, summer 1:05.

dreednya

2.7 miles to work for me but generally lenghten that out to 8.5 miles and on occasions up to 30 miles if I nip the wrong way and end up at Nant-yr-arian 🙂

johnny

9 miles on the road bike each way, or 10 miles xc along the Thames and through Reading,. The record is 28minutes, at 6am with no green lights or much traffic in the middle of summer.

Drive in once a week and take clean clothes shower at work, bike the other 4. I can do a nice route back of about 12 miles or as long as a can justify, more likely in the summer.

Someone told me that in additon to the saving on petrol, a tax break of 20p a mile can be claimed if you commute by bike. Anyone know about that? ❓

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Johnny that’s if you use your bike for business use – like travelling to meetings during your working day.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Who bikes to work? How far?’ is closed to new replies.