Who 'bike related' is good to follow on twttter?

Home Forum Bike Forum Who 'bike related' is good to follow on twttter?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Who 'bike related' is good to follow on twttter?
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

any of the big companies, steve peat, athertons, most of the racers on-one brant gracia

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

Be prepared to hear lots about f*cking Vito Sports all the time.

Andy W

following people on twitter is great until you find out the race results before you get home and it on the TV …bugga !

eyerideit

Doesn’t matter what discipline, I’ve only got bike snob NYC at the moment.

simonralli2

I did try and few proper cyclists but all they seemed to be talking about was plugging products.

@rocketdog is class of course!

I am following loads of Brazilian groups and people to help me improve my Portuguese, but that wont be so much use to you I guess!

atlaz

If you like roadies, I find David Millar often quite interesting. Few of the UK downhillers do more than talk to mates on it, Peaty shows a bit behind the scenes so to speak (with LOADS of Vito Sport).

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

@thejensie (jens voight) can be entertaining especially when he shouts at his legs and @markcavendish too after a difficult sprint pulls no punches

Btw cheers Jedi and Si, @ukbikeskills and @srerobinson when did i get so popular? Even though i’m @_rocketdog_ maybe you meant the shoe company?

Premier Icon Angus Wells
    Subscriber

Chris Boardman and Ned Boulting. Both are down to earth and have a good sense of humour. Their schoolboy antics during the TdF kept me amused last year.

Premier Icon Angus Wells
    Subscriber

Oh, and Bradley Wiggins’ wife Cath. Often tedious domestic details but the occasional gem that lets you know who wears the trousers in that house.

Jamie

Be prepared to hear lots about f*cking Vito Sports all the time

True.

@bikeindustryperson I’m having a great sandwich! On a related note, the new Vito Sports is a great van to eat a sandwich in!

@fictionalbikejourno Sad news…cat passed away. Fortunately, the Vito Sports is #1 at transporting things, to the vets in this case! loool!

Irish_AL

Who ‘bike related’ is good to follow on twttter?

is this virtual drafting? 😆

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

another vote for Cav here.

Premier Icon oldnpastit
    Subscriber

? @DavidMcleanCycl – brutal honesty about his own performance mixed with insights into the world of professional cycling and some weird and wonderful oddments.

eyerideit

Irish_AL – Member
    Who ‘bike related’ is good to follow on twttter?
    is this virtual drafting?

As you can see I’ll do anything for a free ride

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

I think this should be a link to my “Biking” twitter list.

It’s a rather random mix of industry types, athletes, journos, a few people from off of here and people who I’ve come across who ride in the same areas as I do (always good for trail condition reports and hints of cheeky trails etc.).

If the creator of @MovanoSport is around here, they really need to tweet more. It has the potential to be a great @VitoSport parody account.

and not biking, but @GusTheFox is the funniest thing on twitter.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

@MarkCavendish
    @petatodd (Peta Todd, Cavendish’s girlfriend – often very funny)
    @nedboulting and @chrisboardman – very dry sense of humour
    David Millar is usually good value (@millarmind)

Oh and the satire one of MTFU Training Tips (@MTFU_Training)

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

If you’re following to actually find out useful stuff, rather than just be entertained, check out the people who are building stuff for you to ride: @qecp_collective, @timbermtb, @chasetrails, @singletraction1, @bristoltrails (me!), @dyfivalleymtb, @imbauk, @mtbranger (Andy the ranger for Coed Y Brenin, Penmachno and Betwys Y Coed), and not forgetting @cheekytrails

bikebouy

If you can read Italian then Ivan Basso’s a good laugh.
    Cadel Evans too but there is a lot rattling about BMC on there.
    What about Lance, if you can get past the constant publicity of his own profile he sometimes comes out with a gem.

Muke

From a different angle,lots of motorsport stars ride mountain bikes quite a bit…
    Guy Martin,Cal Crutchlow,James Whitham,Carl Fogarty,James Ellison,Shane Byrne,Jenson Button,Mark Webber.

will

Some new ones to me on here. As for the biking ones I follow:
    Aidan Harding
    Matt Page
    Luke Rowe (sky road racer)
    Nick Craig
    Oli Beckinsale
    ITV Cycling
    Simon Warren (Top 100 road climbs in uk)
    Mark Beaumont (around the world man)
    Geraint Thomas
    Dean Downing
    Mike Hall (another around the world man)
    Colin Lynch (Irish Para-olymipc cyclist)

alex222

hannah barnes :mrgreen:

Premier Icon neil853
    Subscriber

Will Longdon is quite funny, as is Martin Hawes. Brad Wiggins tells it like it is, as does David Miller. Mark Cavandish is quite good.

Bus as someone has said, there’s a lot of product mentioning by a lot of them, vitosport etc. Basically spamming 🙄

Terrahawk has his moments as does Harry the spider 😉

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Voight and cath wiggin’s tweets were interesting after todays stage

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

If you can read Italian then Ivan Basso’s a good laugh.

I can imagine. “Wife is complaining there’s no room in the fridge again”, that sort of thing?

timb34

I don’t follow, but dip in via the website from time to time.

People I find interesting
    JVaughters : @Vaughters
    GVroomen : @gerardvroomen
    Jens Voigt : @thejensie
    Velocast John : @sofaboy
    Velocast scott : @velocast

as well as Cav, Millar, Wiggins (already mentioned above)

Satire:
    Not Pat McQuaid : @UCI_Overlord
    Chade O Grey : @GreyManrod (really Floyd Landis, or at least it used to be!)

bikebouy

Basso tends to on about the Hotels he stays in and the food he eats.. Sometimes he chats about bike riding, I know..

One main thing I picked up following a few (I don’t really bother anymore) is they rarely talk about the pain they suffer or the testing times they’ve had. They just seem to say stuff like “that was a bit tough” rather than saying, “fekme me legs bew up like” or “that git (insert name here) made me suffer up that twisty bit where the trees over hung the road and the rain dripped from the branches down the back of my neck, I’ll get him tomorrow”

But I guess saying that kinda stuff means you run out of char….

Rickos

Brant is good for a sort of ‘how the bike industry works’ type of thing. Loved the post about how they decide about stickers on frames the other day.

Cav is good too. Rob Warner is amusing, but not much is about bikes! I stopped following several due to the incessant sponsor plugging rubbish.

crispedwheel

@pedalhead – judging from the WRT last weekend, he’s famous now 😉

therealhoops

I hear @dawonderful is awesome 🙂

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Just don’t mention #FF to @undertheradars_

chasinsheep

@ChasinSheepMTB

@RobWarner970
    Athertons (as a team and individually)
    Mark Beaumont
    Benji Howarth
    Cav
    Peaty
    Chris Hoy
    Vicky Pendleton

Munqe-chick

Lots as mentioned but Jens Voight is funny!!!
    Mark Renshaw
    Alex Dowsett..now he is entertaining!
    If you follow Luke Rowe, his brother Matt rowe is also quite funny
    Dani King
    Lots of the girlie cyclists
    helen wyman and her cake baking skills
    most as mentioned above!

Houns

@UnderTheRadars_ is prob best not following at the moment, he’ll make you want to slit your wrists

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Who 'bike related' is good to follow on twttter?’ is closed to new replies.