Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who best to use to ship a bike and how much ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

As the title. Recommendations please and an idea of cost before I say yes to an offer on my SC 5010. Both buyer and I are within the UK and I can scrounge a bike box and bubble wrap for packing.

Cheers

tomhoward

Not much help, but Personally, when selling a bike for that much (looking at your ad) I’d insist on cash/bank transfer on collection.

excitable1
    Free Member

Thanks Tom. Yes I am wary, especially given the thread about the facebook scam earlier today. He’s offered to transfer funds before posting but I also need him to come through here or pinkbike instead of ebay but he’s not picking up on the elephant sized hints I’ve given him yet !

tomhoward

When that amount of money is involved, tell it like it is, it’s not worth someone getting the wrong idea.

They come, they inspect the bike, are happy with it, pay you, job jobbed. How far away is the buyer?

id even offer to take it to them before posting I think

mcnultycop

Can you meet them halfway?

jonnyboi

I have used parcel force and they were fine. It will be around £40 if you don’t take out extra insurance.

Personally I would stick with eBay, at least you have a measure of protection if things go wrong.

Wally

Your ad is clearly  “turn up – have a look – if happy it’s a cash thing”

So stick to your guns. As others have suggested, way too much money to be posting it around.

I would even drive quite a way – 3 hours each way – for the kind of money you are talking in the advert.

tomhoward

Personally I would stick with eBay, at least you have a measure of protection if things go wrong.

Not it if you are the seller.

jonnyboi

You do to a certain extent, not as much as the buyer but it’s still better than gumtree or on here.

Rhe only reason the OP could get in a real mess on eBay is if it is advertised as collection only but he subsequently ships it to the buyer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who best to use to ship a bike and how much ?’ is closed to new replies.