Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • who are the nutters who put sticks across woodland trails?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I keep hoping I’ll catch one of these miserable sods in action one day.

Then murder them and bury them in the woods. No-one knows they’re there, do they? So, the perfect crime.

Maybe torture them over a period of time too, for added fun.

Ashley
    Free Member

We came accross one old chappie several years ago laying logs & branches over the trail whilst riding near Bournemouth Airport.

He was a bit sheepish but stated it wasn’t for the cyclists but to stop the motorbikers! (There were no marks that they have been there!).

So we happily hopped/rode over the logs in front of his eyes and said good luck!

Don’t often ride there but never seen them since.

Deveron53
    Free Member

To change the subject very slightly, I ran into a bunch of pikeys on a canal towpath once, burning insulation off some probably stolen copper wiring. Their alsatian jumped in front of me… I was going very fast to avoid a mugging. The dog bounced off my front tyre, yelping. I didn’t stop!

GW
    Free Member

it’s riders removing perfectly hop/jumpable branches to dumb down my local trails that piss me off 😉

Hi Paul 😛

😆

Smuzzy
    Free Member

They’ve been doing it in those woods for a couple of years now Martin. Everytime I’m out for a trail run, I clear them, then the next day they are back!!! I keep thinking I’ll catch them at it, but ridden the woods many times each week at all times of day and never seen them. I did wonder if they thought they were targeting the kids on motorbikes, but you couldn’t get a motorbike on some of those tracks. We’ve improved our skills immensely because of them :D., but the principle of it still hacks me off!!!

If you fancy a ride some time, drop me a mail

Simon

DT78
    Free Member

Well I took a tumble after some strategicly placed fence wire caught my pedal a couple of days ago. Straight over the bars and into a bed of stinging nettles & brambles. Still itching. Lucky though if I’d landed to the right it would have been a face full of barbed wire.

Not impressed.

neninja
    Free Member

I split my knee open on one of the shifters a couple of weeks ago as someone had put a large branch across a downhill woodland descent.

I couldn’t avoid it as it was the width of the trail and almost stopped in time but not quite. I couldn’t ride over it as a bend in the middle made it too high.

I was a less than happy bunny – there were loads more of them further down the descent too.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Never mind the sticks. What about the dog poo bags that are hung in the trees at head height. Deposited there by ar5eh0le dog walkers.

Gives a new meaning to sh1thead.

TheFlyingOx

Waderider – Member

…No need to tar all walkers with the same brush as above – I enjoy a good ramble, and have a walking pole

gamo
    Free Member

Some cnt keeps putting large logs into a hollow on one of my local trails,always straight up like a tiger trap!

Gooner
    Free Member

Simon,

a ride would be great but your email addy doesn’t seem to be working

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘who are the nutters who put sticks across woodland trails?’ is closed to new replies.