Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Who’s braving it tomorrow?
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Will have to get back into the habit of getting out early. 2 weekends running ive been out with the kids in the morning, then fobbed off riding in the afternoon as ive already spent 2-3 hours stationary or moving far too slowly in the cold!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Has a great ride in Hebden today, sliding about all over the place, Maxxis Shorty on the front doing the do and almost bald Purgatory rear still hanging on!! 😀

rascal
    Free Member

OP here.
    Predicted to rain between at 1pm so did a local one – face nearly froze on first descent then the rain came at 11.30 😯 Good to get out though the trails are sloppy as fewk. Getting fed up of all the cleaning to kit etc required after ride so either have to chose locations that aren’t as cracked up or buy a dreaded Mudhugger!

atlaz
    Free Member

-3 when I left home today, dressed poorly for it, paid for it on the ride too

dpfr

First properly cold ride of the year here in the western Peak District. Lulled into a false sense of security by sunshine as I was setting off, so I decided longs weren’t needed. An hour later, in sleet showers, slithering through mud and snow up above Buxton, I decided that was a bad plan. Three hours after getting back, I have nearly thawed out.

aikon
    Free Member

0.5c degree average for 75km of trails, 2 flasks & a cafe stop for a cooked breakfast, standard for this time of year.

chvck
    Free Member

Finally made my way to Cwm Rhaeadr. Car reckoned it was 8 degrees, certainly wasn’t cold. Definitely muddy!

damascus
    Free Member

-2 this morning at 8am. Tarmac road to the trail was covered in ice. 1 abandoned car from a crash. A few scary moments.

1 side of ogden in west Yorkshire was covered in snow, the other side was green and sunny.

Tried a few route I don’t normally do to avoid the ice and really enjoyed myself.

Needed a bath when I got home to warm up.

Question is, will I cycle to work tomorrow?

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Seems some had it tough. -2 in Surrey hills when I arrived but beautiful sunny day. Great morning of riding and not too muddy or slippery.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Who’s braving it tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.