Who’s braving it tomorrow?

Home Forum Bike Forum Who’s braving it tomorrow?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Who’s braving it tomorrow?
  • rascal

Weather looking pretty crap my way tomorrow – cold and raining between 12-4 and local trails will be a slopfest.
    Feel like I should get out but struggling to motivate myself.
    Anyone else like me or are you raring to get out there regardless?

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

We’ve got clear(ish) skies, dry and 4 degrees in the morning. I’ll be out (hoping the sloppy bits in the woods are firm enough with the cold to ride properly).

wobbliscott

I should do cause for various reasons not been out for a few weeks, but conditions not exciting me! I’ve a few days holiday left before the end of the year so i think i’ll be keeping an eye on the weather and using them as bike days.

joemmo

Cold but sunny for me. Short loop round the local bridleways planned

trail_rat

Go out 8-12 then ?

cdoc

So no one is joining in with our local community ride in Langley, Middleton, then?
    Have already stocked up on biscuits and brew stuff to keep me occupied in the event that no one turns up!
    Plus I have to commute there from Milnrow, so regardless, I’m going to get damp …

hodgynd

4 hours out today with a couple of mates around Stonehaugh ( southern end of Kielder Forest )..hard frost early on which “gave”…but real feel was -2c.
    One “off ” near the end of the ride into a newly created pond ( after this week’s rain ) ..but other than that it was great to be out ..its always worse in your head prior to going out than it actually is in reality ..
    Enjoy!

jruk

Supposed to have light snow on Dartmoor tonight and between 3-5 degrees tomorrow… So naturally we’re meeting at 8am for an early ride.

Premier Icon mutley
    Subscriber

out early, its double buff weather. hopefully mincing my way round the chilterns trying to avoid the worst of the mud

trail_rat

Had a great few hours on scolty today. Trails were frozen it was like summer…. Only with apex ice roulette……

jekkyl

absolutely bloody awful. I have monday booked off work and me and the wife were going to go into Central manch xmasing and lunch etc but she wants to crochet now so I get to cycle! & my mate is coming BUT the weather forecast is horrendous in 4 possible locations at every point of the compass. Bakewell is current favourite so we’ll see how it goes. We might just do a local one and then go to Pizza Hut buffet for lunch! lol 😆

Premier Icon mrhoppy
    Subscriber

Mrs Hoppy is out on a ladies day with T-Mo, I’m having my last weekend until I’m (hopefully) discharged from my ankle op recovery and can start doing stuff even if it’s just a bimble along the canal path.

Supposed to have light snow on Dartmoor tonight and between 3-5 degrees tomorrow… So naturally we’re meeting at 8am for an early ride.

Yes! I’ll be out in that if it falls. Not sure where to start off but it will be heading towards a pub!

Won’t be at 8am mind..

cheekyget

Bright sunny but 2C tomoz…going to do the Surrey hills…it’s going to be FAB…lol

Premier Icon jonostevens
    Subscriber

Up on the Quantocks for a couple of hours first thing in the morning. Fully rebuilt suspension front and rear, can’t resist a quick ride.

*Might* try bib tights on the mountain bike for the first time…

sweepy

I’ve got a morning swim in the loch planned, which looks like it could be a bit brisk. Rest of the day will likely be firewood and plucking 2 geese. Would be nice to get a bit of snow under my tyres but doesn’t look like it’ll happen.

aP

8 days into the 2 week cold that’s going round west London. Was supposed to have gone to my parents’ joint 177th birthdays-eseses yesterday but a large group of 80+ year olds and a cold from nearly 200 miles away wasn’t sensible. So I’m having a quiet morning before going into work to finish off the fee proposal I should have sent out Friday CoP when I was under the duvet having difficulty breathing properly.

mindmap3

No riding for me. I’m tryouts not to shift a cold and don’t fancy getting piss wet through in the slop, which won’t have been helped by yesterday’s dusting of snow.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Would love to be. Sadly I’ve been dragged out of football retirement and will be playing Sunday league for the first time in 5 years.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

going for a run later…maybe

Premier Icon white101
    Subscriber

Cold wind and blue skies here yesterday, got 20 road miles in. Probably heading to the local woods today to do some winter branch pruning and bramble removal at crank/knee height. Give me somewhere to play over the winter nights without getting bits ripped off me.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

jruk – Member

2degrees and raining heavily when I just drove through princetown. Only saw very miserable looking roadies though…

tpbiker

..its always worse in your head prior to going out than it actually is in reality ..
    Enjoy!

Not yesterday it wasn’t. Went out on the mtb and my face nearly frozen off. Cold I can deal with, not so much icy winds.

crosshair

Got my legs ripped off on the second half of a group ride. Satisfying to have been out but feel totally drained now!!

sweepy

Back road to Glenmore was well dodgy this morning. Wouldn’t fancy it on a bike. Woods or a run for me today if I get time.

Premier Icon fatbikeandcoffee
    Subscriber

Cycled just 12 miles, frozen mud (yay) and then slop in the warming sun.

Donned warm gear properly, first time this year.

Easier to justify coffee and roast afterwards 🙂

James

fossy

Slop fest here, so hit Zwift first thing before getting on with jobs.

jruk

Well that was pleasantly surprising. Cold and wet trails but missed the rain and got some quality techy trails in. 25 miles, 3000ft and home by 12.30 for beer and pig-based food. Sorted.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Not long in from a couple of laps of Cathkin. Lovely day but treacherous trails with loads of scary ice…

~2hrs45mins until sunset, can’t decide whether to pop out or not. ~5/6C around Warnford but dry, still a bit of a head cold, trying to decide if I’m now bored of the final live F1 grand prix of the season…

stevedoc

Just comeback from a 15 mile loop around Hade Edge – Holmfirth minus 1 and grim as , very wet snowy and just plan cold … Bloody loved it apart from loosing a screw from my cleat meaning a sideway fall into snow as foot stayed in pedal 🙂

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I think we’re just north of where the most snow is falling today.

Not quite cold enough to freeze up the moors today, but TBH I was grateful as there was plenty of moisture still on ungritted lanes.

whitestone

Just done a loop in the Dales. Got back to the car about ten minutes before it started raining! A bit of a thin wind on the tops, not a time to hang around. The only snow was a bit of a smattering on the very highest point of the ride.

aP

Just managed 4.5 miles to the office with a tailwind, got a few things to get out now, then cycle back 4.5 miles into a headwind in a couple of hours.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Can’t be arsed. Had a very character building ride at kirroughtree on Friday though (pro tip- mcmoab with ice on is probably best avoided)

fossy

Need to get the Snow Studs fitted to the rigid 26″ for the ice. Not done it yet. Great fun riding over sheets of ice and not crashing.

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Subscriber

I waited for the black ice to thaw then went to the beach on my ‘Gravel Bike’

Lovely day when I finally got out there!

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Cheeky little road ride as had mother in law over so could nip out with the wife.

Premier Icon Ashy
    Subscriber

Had a VERY muddy ride round the paradise trail at Sutton Bank today. Large portions of it unrideable. Lovely and sunny though, but the wind was “bracing”.

Premier Icon kayla1
    Subscriber

We had a brill ride out cracking the ice on puddles and general nonsense. It’s lovely here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.